You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

My current annoyance is people who propose really simple solutions to complex problems 

No appreciation of the finer details 

Proper simple shouts such as 'just needs to be sorted' and 'it will be good once it's done'

Then bumble off to add fuck all value to somebody else's life

And I also have a problem with people who decide that they have reached an age that means they no longer have to learn things. Obviously things that are slightly difficult tend to fall into that bracket of not being needed 

They often refer to themselves as old school despite having smartphones, cars that park themselves and cctv on their houses. 

The price of branded ice cream.

It's fucking extortionate. When did it get to this point? I'm happy with Aldi's own brand Cornettos but when you look in Tesco at the prices of the branded stuff it's ridiculous expecially Biscoff, Cadbury, Oreo, etc and the worse part is that the ice creams are tiny, I remember Cornettos back in the day that were double the size they are now.

Shithouse cunts.

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

The price of branded ice cream.

It's fucking extortionate. When did it get to this point? I'm happy with Aldi's own brand Cornettos but when you look in Tesco at the prices of the branded stuff it's ridiculous expecially Biscoff, Cadbury, Oreo, etc and the worse part is that the ice creams are tiny, I remember Cornettos back in the day that were double the size they are now.

Shithouse cunts.

Asda's knock off Magnums are good especially the nut covered ones.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Elite said:

Speaking of Ice Cream, where can I find these, as I absolutely loved them as a kid. @Tony Moanero

74b039d46d40fdb3d65f5a359437b93c--my-childhood-memories-s-childhood.jpg

It wasn't a day out at West Kirby beach without one of these as a kid (I thought they were Walls ice cream. Really creamy tasting ice cream. We'd run about collecting (sometimes without permission) all the glass coke bottles for the refund so we could buy one. 

This is the closest I could find online, a poor substitute I know.

iceland_8_neapolitan_wafer_sandwiches_40

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Elite said:

Speaking of Ice Cream, where can I find these, as I absolutely loved them as a kid. @Tony Moanero

74b039d46d40fdb3d65f5a359437b93c--my-childhood-memories-s-childhood.jpg

Proper vanilla ice cream. My nan always used to have a block of that in. I can taste it now. It's all in tubs now and it's just not the same (even though it's the same). 

2 minutes ago, Poster said:

The ice cream man round our way used to smoke, so most of the cornets tasted of cig smoke. Didn't stop us eating them.

I remember a woman ranting at an ice cream man once, she'd caught him picking his nose and then picking up a cornet to serve some kid.

Really had a go at him calling him all the dirty bastards under the sun. He fucked off quick.

I went home and told me Mam about it and that was that, no more ice creams off him ever.

Two little quips of mine I've meaning to put up. 

One is every time I seen to open a box of tablets, as nurofen, solpadeine etc.... I always open the end with the stupid little instructions in it, blocking my path to the nectar inside. 

Another one, is twats who claim they "can't take tablets" 

My missus being one, silly bitch takes in big gulps of water, then does this stupid arching of her head to swallow the tablet. She looks like a fucking duck swallowing when she's doing it.

How can people claim they can't eat tablets when they throw any deep fried crap down their gob without any fuss. Twats 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Two little quips of mine I've meaning to put up. 

One is every time I seen to open a box of tablets, as nurofen, solpadeine etc.... I always open the end with the stupid little instructions in it, blocking my path to the nectar inside. 

Another one, is twats who claim they "can't take tablets" 

My missus being one, silly bitch takes in big gulps of water, then does this stupid arching of her head to swallow the tablet. She looks like a fucking duck swallowing when she's doing it.

How can people claim they can't eat tablets when they throw any deep fried crap down their gob without any fuss. Twats 

Certain types of tablet 'back in the day' were particularly hard to swallow at times. I feel sick just thinking about it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

I remember a woman ranting at an ice cream man once, she'd caught him picking his nose and then picking up a cornet to serve some kid.

Really had a go at him calling him all the dirty bastards under the sun. He fucked off quick.

I went home and told me Mam about it and that was that, no more ice creams off him ever.

Come to think of it, his rum and raisin didn't have a rum flavour. 

49 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

If you open the "blank" end (i.e. no brand name etc) you'll get the instruction leaflet. Open the end with the brand name, you're straight to the tablets

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Certain types of tablet 'back in the day' were particularly hard to swallow at times. I feel sick just thinking about it. 

Can you remember those cod liver oil capsules?

Feel sick just thinking about those evil little cunts.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Harry's Lad said:

Vile things. They'd repeat on you for hours.

For some reason my mum wanted me to take them when I was about six or seven. I'd just lash them behind the fridge.

About two years later they found about 500 of them back there.

Fuck knows why I couldn't have just had some mackeral or something.

18 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

For some reason my mum wanted me to take them when I was about six or seven. I'd just lash them behind the fridge.

About two years later they found about 500 of them back there.

Fuck knows why I couldn't have just had some mackeral or something.

My Mum was the same when I was about the same age. Pity there was no such thing as Childline back then, I'd have reported her.

Horrible things.

• Upvote 1

The 'fresh' meat counter at Asda but could be any of the big stores. Look for a tray of say 4 chicken breasts or 4 chops etc. Pick one out only to find 3 of the fuckers are one size and lean while the 4th, hidden by the other 3 is fucking tiny with loads of sinew or fat on it!

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

The 'fresh' meat counter at Asda but could be any of the big stores. Look for a tray of say 4 chicken breasts or 4 chops etc. Pick one out only to find 3 of the fuckers are one size and lean while the 4th, hidden by the other 3 is fucking tiny with loads of sinew or fat on it!

It's very rare for us to get our meat from the supermarkets. We usually go to Taylor's farm shop in Lathom which is about 10 minutes away from where we live.

Top quality local produce which does cost a bit more, but you get what you pay for.

Costco's pork loin steaks are spot on too and very reasonably priced.

• Upvote 2