You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

4 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Have you soaked your foot in hot water? Should help with removal

From the kettle? Yeah thats a good one

Bruce boil a kettle and pr it down your pants. Should be gone in no time. 

I'd advise petrol and a match as well but you are a decent fella so heavy scalding and mild pressure pain should do it 

31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The concept of being between sizes. I bought some plain t shirts the other day and they're mostly down to my knees, but the size below was manboob central. 

And it differs wildly between shops.

Some "medium" tops make me look pretty trim.

Some make me look like I drink far too much San Miguel

Which I do

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The concept of being between sizes. I bought some plain t shirts the other day and they're mostly down to my knees, but the size below was manboob central. 

As a teenager I was always like a 29 or 31 waist etc but they only ever did them in 30,32,34 etc. Mind you,I wish I was even close to that now.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Then keep worrying, it's agony today.

I'm walking like Keyser Söze before the big reveal.

Yeah soaking your foot in hot water (bearable not scalding) with some salt in it should help and ensure you don't get it infected. A few times a day preferably, until the pain stops or it falls off.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dave D said:

Which I do

The whole concept of small, medium and large is absolutely ridiculous unless they make it universal.

Everything should be labelled with the chest size or waist/length for keks.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dave D said:

Which I do

Women's clothes sizes are the best. Women's body shapes have got a lot of variables; yet the clothes manufacturers act as if they conform to this simplistic system of "you're a 12; she's a 10; yer ma's a 16".

23 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

People being overly loud in the house if they get up really early. 

Talking should be banned until 9am. Me and the missus are the complete opposite. Once she's awake she's up and sprightly whereas I'm like I've climbed out of the ground. Come 9pm though she's ready for bed and I'm wide awake. She snores. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Talking should be banned until 9am. Me and the missus are the complete opposite. Once she's awake she's up and sprightly whereas I'm like I've climbed out of the ground. Come 9pm though she's ready for bed and I'm wide awake. She snores. 

Get some ear plugs, game changer.

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

My missus snores too. We hardly ever sleep in the same bed.

• Upvote 1

When wearing earplugs you need to make sure you put them in properly as many people don't. You need to roll them up tightly, pull the ear upwards (the ear canal is kinked slightly) and insert them so it's not obvious to an onlooker that you have them in.

If they're like this then they aren't in properly. 

download (1).jpeg

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

When wearing earplugs you need to make sure you put them in properly as many people don't. You need to roll them up tightly, pull the ear upwards (the ear canal is kinked slightly) and insert them so it's not obvious to an onlooker that you have them in.

download (1).jpeg

Yeah last thing I want is someone walking past my bed and waking me up to tell me they aren't in properly. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

download (1).jpeg

So you don’t just Stouff them in.

• Upvote 1

Self styled ‘Disrupters’. Either individuals or organisations badging themselves as such.

See that horrific state of affairs that is LinkedIn for the majority of examples, but these cretins can also be found elsewhere. 

I’m not a violent man but I’d like to disrupt their faces with my fists. 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Self styled ‘Disrupters’. Either individuals or organisations badging themselves as such.

See that horrific state of affairs that is LinkedIn for the majority of examples, but these cretins can also be found elsewhere. 

I’m not a violent man but I’d like to disrupt their faces with my fists. 

LinkedIn is also the home of "Influencers" and "Personal Performance Coaches"

5 hours ago, Stouffer said:

download (1).jpeg

Are they bluetooth ones? You're not going to be able to listen to your favourite podcast with them surely?