You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

43 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

People from Yorkshire telling you that they're from Yorkshire. 

Fuck off.

Professional whatevers do my head in. Get them everywhere. The scouse ones are the ones I used to notice most. When I moved to Leeds as a young lad, there was a professional scouser at the place I worked - referred to the fact he was scouse in almost every sentence. It was mental. One day a lad asked him “what do you talk about to your family and friends when you go home? You can’t possibly keep telling them you’re scouse too?”

Its fucking everywhere though - that’s what I’ve noticed since moving away and living in a few different places. It’s tedious

1 hour ago, Stouffer said:

People from Yorkshire telling you that they're from Yorkshire. 

Fuck off.

More often than not, they don't even live in Yorkshire. See James Martin, Michael Parkinson, probably even Geoffrey Boycott...

I've suddenly become a magician, without any effort at all. 

I simply reach for my house/car keys and hey presto there's a mask tangled up in them. Try to untangle the mask and there doesn't seem any way to do that. But try to use one of the keys and suddenly the mask is released and on the floor. 

I doubt I'd sell out Vegas with this act but it's certainly something that annoys a little. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

Father's day can kiss my arse!

Constantly having it shoved in your face on social media that you couldn't have a kid yet you have to be happy for every other cunt who can and show off how great it is to be a dad.

I feel for you mate but social media isn't a true reflection of life at all, it's full of people projecting their 'perfect life' when 95% of the time it's anything but. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Elite said:

I feel for you mate but social media isn't a true reflection of life at all, it's full of people projecting their 'perfect life' when 95% of the time it's anything but. 

This is very true.

A good example is my stepson's best mate and his girlfriend. This troglodyte gives off the impression that life is great and they're a happy family when in reality she treats herself to weekends away at Southport Pontins (even in Preston we know the rep of that shithole), meeting up with local smackheads there and getting rattled by them for the following weeks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

This is very true.

A good example is my stepson's best mate and his girlfriend. This troglodyte gives off the impression that life is great and they're a happy family when in reality she treats herself to weekends away at Southport Pontins (even in Preston we know the rep of that shithole), meeting up with local smackheads there and getting rattled by them for the following weeks.

Terrible behaviour! Do you have her phone number? Just so I can lecture her on her poor behaviour of course.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Terrible behaviour! Do you have her phone number? Just so I can lecture her on her poor behaviour of course.

I can certainly try and acquire some contact details for her if you wish to point out her "utter bounder" behaviour.

But be warned, she's a proper "ten past two-er". That horrendous figure of a thing when you fail in the pursuit of a "ten to two-er".

20 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Don’t say non existent, those lesbians plus the magician have got me through many a dark night 

They definitely exist. One day I will achieve photographic evidence. They invited my youngest to join them in the hot tub the other week. He’s still in a state of panic.