You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

People who don't take their coat off right away when they get home. She's just got back in and is stood in the kitchen making some food with her fucking coat still on, she does it all the time. Lazy bastards it proper winds me up. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

People who don't take their coat off right away when they get home. She's just got back in and is stood in the kitchen making some food with her fucking coat still on, she does it all the time. Lazy bastards it proper winds me up. 

She’s not going to ‘feel the benefit’ when you kick her out for unreasonable behaviour. 

Having someone put food on my plate for me. I'll stab you with a fork if you try it a second time.

Not sure exactly why it bothers me, but it does. A lot. Pre-plating is fine, but spooning it on someone's plate at the table....no chance.

I never ever do that to the wife or anyone else (and I do 98% of the cooking).

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Put your central heating back on or fucking turn it up, you tight get!

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Put your central heating back on or fucking turn it up, you tight get!

She had it on earlier! It's not even cold now, she's just annoying. Home is for relaxing clothes and cosiness. I can't relax until it's all relaxing. Same as the big light, I can't fucking stand the big light. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Incomprehensible that shit to me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

She had it on earlier! It's not even cold now, she's just annoying. Home is for relaxing clothes and cosiness. I can't relax until it's all relaxing. Same as the big light, I can't fucking stand the big light. 

Ha! She's like the old girl, doesnt matter what the temperature is, she wants the heating on every day!

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Exactly. I insist my Mrs takes her coat off after coming home and before cooking my tea, particularly if ive been sat in all day with the heating on.

Online shopping substitutions at Asda.

My Mum ordered her shopping online with Asda. One of the items she ordered was a bag of frozen mixed peppers. They had none so substituted them for what. Well, the logical thing would be fresh or nothing, but no.

Frozen mixed cauliflower and broccoli florets.

Just how the fuck are they an appropriate substitution for mixed peppers?.

Dickheads.

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The big light only has to go on when you've lost something.

31 minutes ago, UnwelcomeinPeru said:

The needless dropping of personal pronouns. Why? What does it save?

When I tweet about this later I will be saying 'I just made an inconsequential and tedious post on TLW' NOT 'Just made an...etc.'

Just read this in the voice of Austin Powers. 

• Upvote 1

Friends. It was a bog standard comedy no different to a hundred others. Easy to watch and funny at times but no more significant than Cheers, Mash or The Golden Girls. To hear people getting wet in anticipation of a reunion boils my piss.

2 hours ago, No2 said:

Friends. It was a bog standard comedy no different to a hundred others. Easy to watch and funny at times but no more significant than Cheers, Mash or The Golden Girls. To hear people getting wet in anticipation of a reunion boils my piss.

Putting MASH in the same paragraph as those other two should be a hanging offence.

3 hours ago, No2 said:

Cheers is one of the great American sitcoms. It's brilliant.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Cheers is one of the great American sitcoms. It's brilliant.

I wasn't intending to insult Cheers or Mash. They're both harmless and enjoyable. Friends fans are all cunts, every last one of them.