You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Just now, Harry's Lad said:

Doctors receptionists. Enough said.

"Do you have experience in public relations and administrative duties?"

"No."

"Not to worry. Are you a complete cunt?"

"Yes."

"Wonderful! When can you start?"

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

"Do you have experience in public relations and administrative duties?"

"No."

"Not to worry. Are you a complete cunt?"

"Yes."

"Wonderful! When can you start?"

They certainly seem to be the necessary qualifications.

They walk around wearing white coats in our practice being all officious. 

Fucking delusions of grandeur.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2021 at 11:26, Colonel Kurtz said:

Been out leafleting for weeks for Mrs Kurtz in the local election. Delivered1000s of the fucking things now but to named targeted addresses so it’s not every house. Things I have learned to hate;

1. Stiff letterboxes with a draft lining so thick that you cant get a letter through. What is the fucking point ?

2. Low level letterboxes at the bottom of the door.

3. Houses with no letterbox. There are quite of few of these surprisingly

4. Blocks of flats that you can’t get into to deliver.

5. Houses that don’t have a number just a poncey name.

6. Houses with a long flight of slippery steps.

7. Dogs

8. Houses with long drives

9. Streets with no names

10. Rude cunts who think they have a right to insult you just becuase you are delivering a leaflet for a political party they don’t like. 

1. To stop shit being posted through their letterbox

2. The inventer didn't really think this one through

3. To stop shit being posted at all

4. Are the residents upwardly mobile yuppie types or hoi polloi 'scrounging off the state'?

5. It's a targetted address, which kind of gives away the sort of people your missus wants voting for her

6. To stop shit being posted through their letterbox

7. Don't see the issue

8. It's a targetted address, which kind of gives away the sort of people your missus wants voting for her

9. Look for the Joshua Tree

10. It's a targetted address, right?

• Upvote 3

1. You'd be amazed at how much heat is/would be lost through shit, crafty letterboxes, particularly in new builds.

2. Stops the postie forcing and then dropping breakable stuff through from a high level.

7. Piss off.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Moaning cunts who think they have things hard when they don’t. Make mountains out of mole hills.

Perception. None of us have it hard when you compare your lot in life to, for example, someone in Palestine, or someone living in extreme poverty in Africa.

Doesn't mean we've got no right to bitch that our job is a pain in the arse and doesn't pay enough etc. No I'm not fighting stray dogs for a mouldy loaf, I just want a nicer car.

22 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Mortality. At a decent push, I’ve probably got 20 - 25 years left of being alive which sounds a long time but isn’t much if you count it in terms of birthdays, summer holidays or cup finals. It’s 5 more world cups at best.  I forget about it most of the time but it’s always there in the back of your mind. I’ve read that up to the age of 45, men are obsessed with sex then switch to being obsessed with death. So yeah, the knowledge that life is finite and one day we will all cease to exist is quite annoying as you get older. 

Mr fuckin happy here. Aren't you getting energy from all the old ladies you are murdering and the poor people your missus is helping kill off? 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Apparently in the US, low level letterboxes are illegal. Lobbying by the postal workers union. Maybe they should focus on mass shootings by disgruntled posties next. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47457758

Low-level letter boxes set to be banned in 'victory' for posties

In a victory for long-suffering posties, the government has backed a move to ban low-level letter boxes from new buildings.

Unions have waged a long campaign to protect workers from back injuries, dog bites and trapped fingers.

Conservative MP Vicky Ford took up their cause with a private member's bill on a minimum letterbox height.

The government has now promised to consider changing the law as early as 2020.

The new regulations are likely to be similar to European standards, where a letterbox must be between 0.7m and 1.7m high.

MP Vicky Ford said low-level letterboxes were a "real issue" in her Chelmsford constituency, where staff at her local Royal Mail delivery office had first raised it with her.

Since she introduced the bill, she has been contacted by people all over the UK in support of changes, from those delivering parish magazines, pizza leaflets and newspapers.

The government's Building Regulations Advisory Committee has now announced it will be reviewing low letter boxes on new build properties.

Mrs Ford said she had been contacted by Housing Minister Kit Malthouse to inform her it was now under consideration - and so she had decided to withdraw her bill.

The move is supported by Royal Mail staff who are in the Communication Workers' Union.

Every year, 16,800 Royal Mail workers have time off due to back complaints, said Mrs Ford.

The reason I know of this is because I have also delivered 1000s of leaflets and not surprisingly it is a discussion we all have, and so the above was pointed out. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Mortality. At a decent push, I’ve probably got 20 - 25 years left of being alive which sounds a long time but isn’t much if you count it in terms of birthdays, summer holidays or cup finals. It’s 5 more world cups at best.  I forget about it most of the time but it’s always there in the back of your mind. I’ve read that up to the age of 45, men are obsessed with sex then switch to being obsessed with death. So yeah, the knowledge that life is finite and one day we will all cease to exist is quite annoying as you get older. 

Fucking hell mate, what towns Christmas lights are you turning on this year? 

The skinnier fella on American pickers. I used to like this programme but he calls everything a "piece" "I really like this piece" "I really want this piece" "It's a lovely piece" "How much do you want for this piece?" "piece, piece, piece" I wouldn't sell him a fucking cobweb from my garage. 

17 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Since she introduced the bill, she has been contacted by people all over the UK in support of changes, from those delivering parish magazines, pizza leaflets and newspapers.

I know the people delivering the take away leaflets are just doing their jobs.

But frankly I'd rather they all fucked off and didn't do that. The amount of shite we get through our letterbox is fucking ridiculous.

Can she also push for that being banned as well?

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Once you’ve posted a few thousand leaflets in the rain these things get on your nerves. It’s the combination of stiff letterboxes, low level letterboxes, blocks of flats with no way in and houses with no names. Also she lost by a tiny margin so it was all a waste of time anyway. We go again ! 

I posted hundreds myself, plenty of them out on my own, for candidates with next to no chance and my mate who was nothing more than a paper candidate, and I’ve got a degenerative spinal disease, but you won’t catch me moaning. No siree. Absolutely not. 

ForcefulBothCrow-size_restricted.gif

• Upvote 1