You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

30 minutes ago, Poster said:

When the Royal Flight upgraded their Andover aircraft to the Bae 146 in the 80s they brought the Corgis to our unit to take them on a test flight to see if they liked it. I shit you not, can't imagine how much money was wasted on that little escapade. 

Doesn't surprise me one bit mate. 

Ignorant/arrogant pricks on the Virgin Media community forums.

When you're trying to find a solution to an issue with your email account, you don't need some fucking arrogant self appointed "Guru" telling you over and over about what is needed to fix the issues but not how to fucking use it. The fucking bad wanker.

Long story short. I can't send emails on my phone as I appear to have a spambot lurking on my IP address according to the know it all cunts.

Until I updated my phone this morning it was fine after some teething problems a few weeks back and now it's being a fucking nightmare again. You're constantly told to use Wireshark but not how to use it. No cunt will tell you on there.

2 hours ago, Preston Red said:

When you're trying to find a solution to an issue with your email account, you don't need some fucking arrogant self appointed "Guru" telling you over and over about what is needed to fix the issues but not how to fucking use it. The fucking bad wanker.

Long story short. I can't send emails on my phone as I appear to have a spambot lurking on my IP address according to the know it all cunts.

Until I updated my phone this morning it was fine after some teething problems a few weeks back and now it's being a fucking nightmare again. You're constantly told to use Wireshark but not how to use it. No cunt will tell you on there.

Any IT/Expert forums are the same.

Google - Why is my laptop being a prick? 

Forum virgin - have you tried diluting the server by approximating the v-drive with a semi-colon reverse back-flip z;driver on a 48tinge loop and various aids related fucking guff no I haven't you stupid cunt speak properly you r2-d2 programming cunt wizard 

2 hours ago, Preston Red said:

Not just restricted to them. It seems like every company offering some sort of online help hires staff who think that every customer has master hacker levels of computing knowledge.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Any IT/Expert forums are the same.

Google - Why is my laptop being a prick? 

Forum virgin - have you tried diluting the server by approximating the v-drive with a semi-colon reverse back-flip z;driver on a 48tinge loop and various aids related fucking guff no I haven't you stupid cunt speak properly you r2-d2 programming cunt wizard 

Hahahahaha that's just made me lose my coffee down my nose.

3 hours ago, Trumo said:

Not just restricted to them. It seems like every company offering some sort of online help hires staff who think that every customer has master hacker levels of computing knowledge.

Along with the massive nerds who back these cunts up.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Trumo said:

It's not just the paid staff, they're often infested with pedantic, corporate shill bellends with thousands of posts who patronise people for free. 90% of their posts are along the lines of, 'this has been answered many times, do a search. Admin Arjun can you close this thread please.' 

51 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

In Robin Hood Prince of Thieves when one of the Nottingham soldiers says "hold thy fire" in relation to a bow and arrow, even though the term relates specifically to gunpowder weapons. It's not even on telly but I'm just sat here now simmering.

You've got serious issues. What part? 

On 25/02/2021 at 18:15, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just read that lady Gagas dog walker was shot and her two dogs were stolen she's offered a reward of $500,000 for their return no questions asked.

No questions asked! Some fucker was shot! plus just paying it without consequences means every fuckers dog gets put further at risk. 

I saw all the headlines about the "terror" that the famous, rich person suffered; not a fucking word about the poor bastard who was shot.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

In Robin Hood Prince of Thieves when one of the Nottingham soldiers says "hold thy fire" in relation to a bow and arrow, even though the term relates specifically to gunpowder weapons. It's not even on telly but I'm just sat here now simmering.

You have reached pedantry Nirvana. Slap thine balls in triumph most worthy. 

16 hours ago, Section_31 said:

i watched some film once set in the 1920's and they were referring to The Great War as World War 1. I was fuming.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, markcd said:

i watched some film once set in the 1920's and they were referring to The Great War as World War 1. I was fuming.

Assuming you were watching an American film, I don't think the American have ever called it that. Seems to be more of a British Empire thing since the Americans didn't get involved until it was almost over.

2 hours ago, markcd said:

It was referred to as the 1st World War pretty quickly I believe. Charles a' Court Repington and an American (from on of the Ivy League schools iirc) came up with it.

Repington's book about the war was published in 1920 and simply called "The First World War". 

19 hours ago, Section_31 said:

It's like Lord of the rings when one of the uruk hai says "looks like meat is back on the menu boys" so these orcs have restaurants, cafes or takeaways where they order off menus, I just find it very difficult to believe it totally pulled me out of the fantasy genre.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's like Lord of the rings when one of the uruk hai says "looks like meat is back on the menu boys" so these orcs have restaurants, cafes or takeaways where they order off menus, I just find it very difficult to believe it totally pulled me out of the fantasy genre.

Mate the caterpillar in Labrynth asks her in for a cup of tea. In a wall.