You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

We never leave the house on time. We were supposed to meet my parents in a park at midday today, to see them for the first time in 6 months. I got up at 7am, made two loaves of bread, played with the dog, tidied the kitchen, had a shower and packed what we needed so that by 10am we could walk the dog and then set off. Took the missus a cuppa at 9am, giving her an hour to just get up and ready, nothing else. We left at 10:45. 

Every. Fucking. Time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

We never leave the house on time. We were supposed to meet my parents in a park at midday today, to see them for the first time in 6 months. I got up at 7am, made two loaves of bread, played with the dog, tidied the kitchen, had a shower and packed what we needed so that by 10am we could walk the dog and then set off. Took the missus a cuppa at 9am, giving her an hour to just get up and ready, nothing else. We left at 10:45. 

Every. Fucking. Time. 

Why didn't you get up at nine, smack the dog round the head for waking you up earlier and tell your missus to get to the shop and buy some bread while you walked the dog and had a leisurely fag?

Guest Pistonbroke

Buying a new flavour of crisps and the anticipation of digging into them, only to find out they're shite. Kettle Creamy pepper flavour, you are a massive let down. 

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

At 7am this morning the weather was beautiful, bright sunshine that woke me up. Now I’m ready to do a load of jobs in the garden it’s started raining.  

You have just thought of the same conversation I have had about three times in the last few days,including this morning. I can only guess this is a major downside to living on a smallish island in the middle of the Atlantic. We do share at least one thing in common with the Falkland Islanders at least.

Edgy mancunian poets, of which there seems to be a growing number. 

Blag leather jacket and a liver that only just made it through the nineties, all-round professional bum given a new lease of life by BBC2 news shows trying to do something 'a bit different' about the red wall and/or brexit.

"Where once was the Gmex now stands a tex mex, we have gerry Adams to thank for that of course, a man who's voice was stolen by the news, for his republican views, I'm going for a snooze."

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

Two people I know go the same place every year on holiday and post incessantly about going there and how great it is. Pity they haven't got the imagination to go elsewhere. 

Only upside is one posts loads of photos of herself in a bikini.

Pics please. I’d like to see what this place looks like for myself 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Two people I know go the same place every year on holiday and post incessantly about going there and how great it is. Pity they haven't got the imagination to go elsewhere. 

Only upside is one posts loads of photos of herself in a bikini.

I went to Alcudia a few years ago and bumped into to a couple like this, banging on about how great the beach was to anyone that would listen and how they come back every year, everyone here knows them etc. Weird how people get tribal over pointless shit like that, you'd have thought they owned the beach.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

I went to Alcudia a few years ago and bumped into to a couple like this, banging on about how great the beach was to anyone that would listen and how they come back every year, everyone here knows them etc. Weird how people get tribal over pointless shit like that, you'd have thought they owned the beach.

The other person I know goes away to Greece every year and stays in the same place. Has done for 15 years. The hotel looks like one of those shite motels in America that have a small swimming pool.

He goes on about how he cant wait to see all his mates there, even though his daughter said that they can't stand him and they only put up with him for a fortnight because he's spending money there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Getting off the plane when everybody stands crowded in the aisle for ages whilst they bring the steps out. Just wait in your fucking seat. 

Is fucking right. Only made worse by the ones who had to put their hand luggage in a overhead bin somewhere away from where they’re sitting deciding that they should go through the crowd of standers to get it, rather than accept it should mean they get off later to avoid causing a problem.

all being first off the plan means is that you’re stood waiting on the shuttle bus for longer than everyone else anyway.

9 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Ambiguous gender signs for toilets. I need a pee urgently becuase I’m old with a dodgy prostrate, don’t use fucking vague signs just say men or women. Saw this one today in Holland. 

54A37269-4166-4214-837B-C1BE8B406806.jpeg

He's got a massive cock to be fair 

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Ambiguous gender signs for toilets. I need a pee urgently becuase I’m old with a dodgy prostrate, don’t use fucking vague signs just say men or women. Saw this one today in Holland. 

54A37269-4166-4214-837B-C1BE8B406806.jpeg

They have these fuckers a lot in Europe. Worked at an Office in Poland where they filled the whole door. I still went in the wrong one.