You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I've got no problem with self-made minted people until they become greedy bastards who look down their nose. I don't expect them to give half their wealth to charity or build homeless shelters with it. Its their money. Its their prerogative. If they want to spend 50k on wallpaper just so they can whack off to the butler to wiping his arse on it then so be it. 

Its when they start being snobs or expecting everything given to them they become cunts. Also see the tax situation. Pay your fucking dues you can afford it. Arseholes. 

There is no such thing as 'self made.' Those people always get a 'leg up' or seven along the way.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

There is no such thing as 'self made.' Those people always get a 'leg up' or seven along the way.

Pissed myself listening to Stelios on a documentary years ago complaining about people saying he got spoon fed his business , and saying that all he had was the two planes his dad gave him and the rest was his own brilliance. 

• Upvote 2

I clicked on a link on the Echo website earlier showing some holiday home in the lakes had a hot tub etc. Literally clicked it just to see a bigger version of the picture in the thumbnail because the view looked boss. Just gone on Instagram on my phone and the same site the cack went through to came up as a sponsored advert.

What fucking intrusive sorcery is that?! 

• 3 weeks later...

Car dealerships, the scamming bastards!

Went with my son as he wanted a better car than his nearly two year old one. Fair enough he's got a much better job now and can easily afford it. The shit they try to pull on people. 

The old dealership has just messaged him that current car is due a brake fluid change, a not quite two year old car with 12000 miles on the clock. I have never heard of brake fluid being changed that early, scamming twats. Luckily he's handing the old one over on Tuesday so it's not his problem and hopefully the new dealer is a tad less of a scamming shite. 

I took his car in for a recall on the bonnet catch last year, the bastards kept me waiting for hours and dealt with paying customers first. I won't name them, but I wouldn't touch their junk pieces of shit with a bargepole anyway.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

I took his car in for a recall on the bonnet catch last year, the bastards kept me waiting for hours and dealt with paying customers first. 

If it's a recall the dealer actually makes money of it as they invoice the manufacturer for the work.

Warranty and recall work is quite often way more lucrative than regular stuff.

So it's more likely that they are just shite in the case of the dealer you went to.

1 hour ago, Philtrum said:

Car dealerships, the scamming bastards!

Went with my son as he wanted a better car than his nearly two year old one. Fair enough he's got a much better job now and can easily afford it. The shit they try to pull on people. 

The old dealership has just messaged him that current car is due a brake fluid change, a not quite two year old car with 12000 miles on the clock. I have never heard of brake fluid being changed that early, scamming twats. Luckily he's handing the old one over on Tuesday so it's not his problem and hopefully the new dealer is a tad less of a scamming shite. 

I took his car in for a recall on the bonnet catch last year, the bastards kept me waiting for hours and dealt with paying customers first. I won't name them, but I wouldn't touch their junk pieces of shit with a bargepole anyway.

I took ours in, three years old really good condition, for a slow puncture repair to the ‘Approved Centre’. I told the categorically that nothing else was to be done, even though they pushed.  

The wife picked it up. Apparently everything was fucked and needed replacing and significant cost, of course she acquiesced. Strange that.