You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Youtube users adding where they are from in the comments section. It has fuck all to do with anything, yet there will always be some tit posting "Hi from [insert any country that isn't the UK]", usually adding a bunch of smilies and emojis too. Who actually gives a shit?

Twat on the train into Moorfields at 9.30 this morning thought it was OK to stand in the doorway - not even side on - blocking one of the double doors and forcing dozens of people to squeeze through the one remaining door. I called him a dickhead, but he didn't hear me, so my quest for vengeance was unfulfilled until I hit on the idea of sending a sarcastic "Rush Hour Crush" to the Metro.

I doubt they'll print it, but just sending it made me feel a bit better. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Trumo said:

Youtube users adding where they are from in the comments section. It has fuck all to do with anything, yet there will always be some tit posting "Hi from [insert any country that isn't the UK]", usually adding a bunch of smilies and emojis too. Who actually gives a shit?

Also, in the comments to good songs   "[shit TV show/film/singer] brought me here".

On 21/01/2020 at 21:04, AngryofTuebrook said:

Twat on the train into Moorfields at 9.30 this morning thought it was OK to stand in the doorway - not even side on - blocking one of the double doors and forcing dozens of people to squeeze through the one remaining door. I called him a dickhead, but he didn't hear me, so my quest for vengeance was unfulfilled until I hit on the idea of sending a sarcastic "Rush Hour Crush" to the Metro.

I doubt they'll print it, but just sending it made me feel a bit better. 

Swift and terrible is my vengeance!

20200123_092005.jpg

• Upvote 14

Jehovah's witnesses knocking on doors mid-week when I'm expecting a parcel. I don't begrudge them doing what they think is right, but kindly stick to a designated day, so we can play out the charade of me hiding and pretending not to be in. That's one for the small pleasures thread.

To cap it off, I've got two lots doing the rounds here now. It's descending into a turf war.

• Upvote 1

The English woman in Frasier.

Ive never watched a whole episode to be fair, could be wide of the mark. Just doesnt seem to fit. 

I then get annoyed at the ineptitude of casting directors and make a mental note to share it on an internet forum.     

14 minutes ago, Dave D said:

The English woman in Frasier.

Ive never watched a whole episode to be fair, could be wide of the mark. Just doesnt seem to fit. 

I then get annoyed at the ineptitude of casting directors and make a mental note to share it on an internet forum.     

No chance mate Daphne is superb. You have no right to comment on it if you haven't seen a full episode of the joint funniest American sitcom of all-time. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

No chance mate Daphne is superb. You have no right to comment on it if you haven't seen a full episode of the joint funniest American sitcom of all-time. 

She's a Londoner and played a girl from Manchester and her accent was awful,as were Robbie Coltrane,Richard E Grant and Anthony LaPaglia playing her brothers. Ironically,John Mahoney,who played Frasier's Dad was from Blackpool and could probably have done a Manchester accent better than all of them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

She's a Londoner and played a girl from Manchester and her accent was awful,as were Robbie Coltrane,Richard E Grant and Anthony LaPaglia playing her brothers. Ironically,John Mahoney,who played Frasier's Dad was from Blackpool and could probably have done a Manchester accent better than all of them.

Bolton. I know its Greater Manchester but its not a Manchurian accent. 

Frasier is great and nothing needs changing about it ever.