You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

TV programnes that put false deadlines on things. Was watching "New life in the sun" or whatever the fuck its called, about people setting up businesses abroad. The narrator always comes up with something like "they're opening in 10 days and they still havent had the kitchen fitted" Why? I get all fucking worried and anxious and invariably they open on time. Stop telling me the're behind schedule, I dont need to know!

DIY shows doing that drive me spare. "We've only got two hours to finish the lounge and the garden". Well you're gonna do a piss poor job then, aren't you.

3 hours ago, Philtrum said:

Dealing with utility companies. What a fucking joke!

Every year without fail united utilities tells me they're increasing my monthly payments on my water to almost double and every year I have to phone and tell them the fuck they are. I always end up in credit on the relatively small sum I pay. 

Now British Gas have joined the list of pricks that want me to bank with them. They have recently doubled my direct debit, despite me being in credit again this year. I cannot reduce the amount because their online system won't have it. A call to their advisors and me offering to meet them halfway has them asking me if I've considered pre payment (the fuck) I've never owed them a penny, have always been in credit. Finally they ask if I can be transferred to the 'ability to pay' team. 

I decided a much simpler method than dealing with the fuckwits was to tell them to shove it (politely of course, I'm never rude to call centre staff, sarcastic and often condescending yes but never rude) I went on to my bank account and cancelled my direct debit. All done with no fuss and no bother. 

We can go back to them sending me a bill and me paying it by cheque, the wankers. The monthly payments can go into my savings account and earn 0.0000001% interest and set me up nicely for retirement in 5035

@Rico1304 Rico will sack them all for you 

20 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

DIY shows doing that drive me spare. "We've only got two hours to finish the lounge and the garden". Well you're gonna do a piss poor job then, aren't you.

60 minute make over, they stop half way through for a tea break. You can skip the fucking break you lazy twats, it's an hour shift.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Similarly CAR SOS where that unfunny cunt Tim Shaw takes a rusting heap of junk and miraculously returns a showroom condition classic in a couple of days. I always imagine the poor sod with a week to live drives round the corner and all the wheels and doors fly off .  

On 15/01/2020 at 23:57, Philtrum said:

Dealing with utility companies. What a fucking joke!

Every year without fail united utilities tells me they're increasing my monthly payments on my water to almost double and every year I have to phone and tell them the fuck they are. I always end up in credit on the relatively small sum I pay. 

Now British Gas have joined the list of pricks that want me to bank with them. They have recently doubled my direct debit, despite me being in credit again this year. I cannot reduce the amount because their online system won't have it. A call to their advisors and me offering to meet them halfway has them asking me if I've considered pre payment (the fuck) I've never owed them a penny, have always been in credit. Finally they ask if I can be transferred to the 'ability to pay' team. 

I decided a much simpler method than dealing with the fuckwits was to tell them to shove it (politely of course, I'm never rude to call centre staff, sarcastic and often condescending yes but never rude) I went on to my bank account and cancelled my direct debit. All done with no fuss and no bother. 

We can go back to them sending me a bill and me paying it by cheque, the wankers. The monthly payments can go into my savings account and earn 0.0000001% interest and set me up nicely for retirement in 5035

I try not to go off at calm centre staff, just ask for the manager, advise they are not paid enough to hear what I have to say, and they are usually quite happy to hand off to a manager.

6 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

I try not to go off at calm centre staff, just ask for the manager, advise they are not paid enough to hear what I have to say, and they are usually quite happy to hand off to a manager.

I did that, I don't go off at call centre staff. I am still waiting a call from the manager. I was told the call would be two to four hours. 

When bread doesn’t fit in the toaster either vertically or horizontally. End up flipping it round constantly mid toasting to keep it even.

Counter staff at cinemas. Slowest moving cunts known to man. Takes them 10 minutes to scoop 2 boxes of popcorn and fill 2 drinks, with an ever growing queue of people who are likely to miss the start of the film they have remortgaged the house for to go and watch. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, belarus said:

When bread doesn’t fit in the toaster either vertically or horizontally. End up flipping it round constantly mid toasting to keep it even.

Counter staff at cinemas. Slowest moving cunts known to man. Takes them 10 minutes to scoop 2 boxes of popcorn and fill 2 drinks, with an ever growing queue of people who are likely to miss the start of the film they have remortgaged the house for to go and watch. 

Ive just done that. I use the seeded loaf from aldi. Its big and thick (oooer) and I always put one side in for a minute then turn it over. I got sidetracked doing something and now I can't see fuck all. 

Regarding the cinema staff. I know they are all young un's, probably their first job but a lot of them need to wake the fuck up. Especially in the Showcase. 

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Ive just done that. I use the seeded loaf from aldi. Its big and thick (oooer) and I always put one side in for a minute then turn it over. I got sidetracked doing something and now I can't see fuck all. 

Regarding the cinema staff. I know they are all young un's, probably their first job but a lot of them need to wake the fuck up. Especially in the Showcase. 

Yeah, they are the young lot to be fair, but fucking hell, come on. They must do a standard practical interview at every cinema, where to ensure you get the job, you need to take over ten minutes to get any food order sorted. I worked when I was young, and as much as I didn’t really give a fuck, I worked in a timely manner. Fucking tardy cunts. I’d love to punch one.

When someone is sitting in a lane of traffic at a red traffic light in which you can only go in the one direction but they have their indicator on - it's a little annoying in principle alone but extremely fucking annoying when it's dark and it's a larger vehicle where the indicator is right in your eye line and it's flashing in your face for a minute or so. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, belarus said:

Yes all day on the cinema things, pisses me off. I never queue for food and drink, the fact that people can't sit and enjoy a film for a couple of hours without trying to also cause diabetes is one of my great life moans is an aside, but I order tickets online and then have to stand in a queue with these glutinous, mouth breathing shufflers just to have my tickets scanned and printed off. 

How about a separate queue for people who just want their tickets and not their obscenely marked up shite food. Three and a half quid for a pack of Minstrels when there's a B&M next door? Mugs if your buying that.