You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Shoelaces that never stay tied, even if you double knot the fuckers.

They make the fuckers too long these days, especially for casual shoes/trainers. So despite doing a double knot the tail left over drags under the shoe at times and pulls on the knot. I normally end up having to buy shorter ones. 

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They make the fuckers too long these days, especially for casual shoes/trainers. So despite doing a double knot the tail left over drags under the shoe at times and pulls on the knot. I normally end up having to buy shorter ones. 

Yeah, that too. Baffling.

20 minutes ago, sir roger said:

On my stag night in the Grafton I was dancing with a young lady and asked her where she worked & she told me Freeman, Hardy & Willis , but the odd thing was that she emphasised each word with a shoulder pop move.

That sounds quite hot to be fair 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Can't remember the last time I tied laces on trainers, don't you just tuck them under the insole?

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Can't remember the last time I tied laces on trainers, don't you just tuck them under the insole?

I'm 55 mate, I always tie my laces, always with a double knot. Plus I reckon tucking the laces into the insoles with the length they are these days would cause a lot of discomfort. 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That sounds quite hot to be fair 

From memory she was quite tasty but I was (un)fortunately sidelined by an attractive lunatic who upon hearing it was my staggy, decided to bite every button off my shirt & left me later eating a burger with one hand and desperately holding the shirt together with the other.

• Upvote 1

When my own common sense goes out the window doing the simplest DIY to the point I go to a DIY store and ask for something and they look at me like I'm from another planet. I get home realise what I've done wrong and that I'm a complete mong and because I'm centre of the universe the store people will be laughing at me right now and all day. 

Thats a little thing that annoys me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/10/2019 at 18:13, Pistonbroke said:

They don’t make laces as they used to , a few weeks ago I tried to buy bootlaces at a various shops , even the shoe repairers, and all they had was a shoe boxes full of random shoelaces, try on line a few said , fuckin’ cobblers.

Mike fucking Ashley.

There’s no clothes shops where I live except Peacocks and Burtons so it’s either order online or drive into Cambridge and shop there. I’m fed up of ordering online and having to send things back if I don’t like them or they’re not a good fit.

Needed a few things for the kids and wanted to have a browse myself so yesterday I braved the traffic and went down there. It’s a bit of a mission, Cambridge. Easy enough getting there but the congestion, traffic lights, roundabouts and cyclists in the city centre are annoying as fuck. Popped into Sports Direct while I was there and bought a couple of Adidas hoodies, both the same only with different colour combos. Tried one on and it was sound, got the other one off the rack, made sure it was the same size and stuck it in the basket. Sorted.

Just gone to put that other one on now and realised there’s a hole in the back of the fucking thing. So instead of packing it up and taking it to the post office, which is an ‘inconvenience’ I’m always moaning about, now I’ve got to drive back again to get it swapped in store. 

Cunts. 

On 12/03/2019 at 19:43, Champ said:

There’s not an ignore function for WhatsApp groups is there?

There’s a woman in one of mine and she’s relentless. In the last week we’ve got to go mountain biking, we’ve got to go to see some Beatles tribute band, some show her friend’s in and dancing to 80s music. Just calm down, would you?

I think there is a mute, if you go into the group then select the menu in the top right. Select group info, scroll down to the person in question select that person and view details then mute them.

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Mike fucking Ashley.

There’s no clothes shops where I live except Peacocks and Burtons so it’s either order online or drive into Cambridge and shop there. I’m fed up of ordering online and having to send things back if I don’t like them or they’re not a good fit.

Needed a few things for the kids and wanted to have a browse myself so yesterday I braved the traffic and went down there. It’s a bit of a mission, Cambridge. Easy enough getting there but the congestion, traffic lights, roundabouts and cyclists in the city centre are annoying as fuck. Popped into Sports Direct while I was there and bought a couple of Adidas hoodies, both the same only with different colour combos. Tried one on and it was sound, got the other one off the rack, made sure it was the same size and stuck it in the basket. Sorted.

Just gone to put that other one on now and realised there’s a hole in the back of the fucking thing. So instead of packing it up and taking it to the post office, which is an ‘inconvenience’ I’m always moaning about, now I’ve got to drive back again to get it swapped in store. 

Cunts. 

Sports Direct is one of those cuntish shops  that won’t give refunds. They only exchange or give credit notes. Fucking arseholes.