You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

1 hour ago, DimReaper said:

Probably mentioned this before but the way BBC2 HD and Channel 4 HD aren't numbers 102 and 104 on a Sky box. 

Could never get my head around why they did that. 

In fact, alot of their channel organisation is shite. 

I have my mother in law here for a few days. She keeps filling the kettle to make 1 or 2 cups of tea. 

It's doing my fucking head in. Just fill up enough for what you want instead of waiting 10 minutes to boil a gallon of water to make one cup of fecking tea. 

2 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

This has probably been mentioned before, but here's one...

Sky News, with their dual presenters doing the 'you speak a line, I speak a line' shite on news stories. Intensely irritating. 

Just put sky news on a few minutes ago because the BBC are proper bastards and Kay Burley was interviewing some turd off Love Island about weight loss. 

The country is falling apart but yeah fuck it eat a bag of crisps a week less. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just put sky news on a few minutes ago because the BBC are proper bastards and Kay Burley was interviewing some turd off Love Island about weight loss. 

The country is falling apart but yeah fuck it eat a bag of crisps a week less. 

Scandalous. I will never give up crisps.

• Upvote 1

I immediately switch channels when I see that ridiculous woman I call the 'Mistress of Doom'. I'd swear, whenever there's a big news story that involves tragedy or some other misfortune, they wheel her out to aggravate the palpable sense of misery. She and Didi Hamann had a proper love in about something on Twitter once and they both blocked me. Works for me as well as for them. 

Kids not listening. 

I bought one of those rubber non slip bath mats about four weeks ago. It’s got fifty eight tiny suction cups on the underneath of it, making it almost impossible for anyone to fall over while in the shower. 

It also doubled up as a fantastic decorative piece, stuck firmly to the tiles on the wall, as the boy slipped over this morning and made a huge crater in the bottom of the bath with his knee. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
29 minutes ago, Trumo said:

People sending birthday messages on Whatsapp via groups you're included in rather than individually. Sick of my phone beeping constantly for messages that have nothing to do with me.

Can't you turn off notifications in the settings for individual groups? 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

My phone is on silent for most of the day

I don't know where my phone is most of the day. I stick it in a jacket when I go out and then forget about it. In fact I just checked it, 11 messages on whattsapp and 3 via normal messaging. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Can't you turn off notifications in the settings for individual groups? 

I need to keep the notifications on because there are still other relevant messages coming through. It's just that one person posts a birthday message to one of the other group members, and the other group members all pile in with birthday messages too. Lazy cunts can't be arsed to post a message directly.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I need to keep the notifications on because there are still other relevant messages coming through. It's just that one person posts a birthday message to one of the other group members, and the other group members all pile in with birthday messages too. Lazy cunts can't be arsed to post a message directly.

Yeah, not a great situation, one which I can sympathise with due to a family group. Mind you, that is mainly due to them posting holiday pics and everyone piling in with the forced comments. I just switch it off in settings, the missus will let me know if anything important crops up. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, not a great situation, one which I can sympathise with due to a family group. Mind you, that is mainly due to them posting holiday pics and everyone piling in with the forced comments. I just switch it off in settings, the missus will let me know if anything important crops up. 

Same, I treat WhatsApp more like a forum or Facebook page and just read it when I feel like it. If something is important, people will text or call.

Been a while since I've stood in dog shit, but 'muck for luck' it was my misfortune the other day to do so. Funny how the supposedly posher the area, the more dog shit you find, that's my experience anyway.

I wouldn't fine the owners that fail to clean up the droppings of their dogs, oh no that's hardly fair. I'd arrange for people to call to the houses of the owners and curl one out wherever they choose, then make said owner stand in it just for good measure. 

Anyone could volunteer, I'd have my name on that list and you can be sure a very hot curry would be consumed the day before. Just for good measure I'd wash it down with some magnesium citrate. Think spray not curl, think puddle not solid. I think this would solve the problem pretty damned quick, well certainly too soon for my liking. 

Yet another reason it would be best not to choose me as leader under the coming revolution. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Mook said:

People going on all the time about what they would do if they won the lottery.

You're not going to win it you tedious cunt.

Voluntary tax which they use to pay for shit the Rich mainly benefit from. 

People who ask for your opinion on a subject. The key bit being they asked you for your opinion but getting upset with your response

The other thing pissing me off is somebody talking about a news story and involves you in the chat. Only for you to find out they know fuck all about the story and have seen a Facebook meme, then filled in the gaps with their bigotry. 

I wish I was as thick as some of the people I have to deal with regularly. Life would be simple 

• Upvote 3

Changing things that worked perfectly well before.

The layout on the dashboard of my FitBit app has a new look today. It looked perfectly good before but they’ve changed it so the lettering is much smaller and the information is less easy to see at a glance.

No-one asked my opinion and there’s no beggar to complain to.

First world problem I know but it bugs me

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Champ said:

Changing things that worked perfectly well before.

The layout on the dashboard of my FitBit app has a new look today. It looked perfectly good before but they’ve changed it so the lettering is much smaller and the information is less easy to see at a glance.

No-one asked my opinion and there’s no beggar to complain to.

First world problem I know but it bugs me

"Ooh look at me I work out...."