You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

14 minutes ago, A Red said:

When I first moved there I lived down East Park Avenue off Holderness road then over to Beverley as soon as I could! Still go up there for weekends on the piss, usually a good night in the old town ending up in Bonny Boat.

Yeah, it's a good night there. We used to invariably end up in Spiders (not sure if that's still going). The Olde White Hart, Blue Bell and Mission were decent pubs I seem to remember, along with a few along Spring Bank- Polar Bear and some real ale pub were pretty good too. I moved to Brough about 2003, but used to go to Anfield with the supporter's club between about 2004-08 when I was in the PTS. That was a good set up, nice coach and a decent bunch of lads.

I think we used to go to a pub in Beverley after Labour party meetings, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

• Upvote 1

We've got my mrs's 17 year old nephew from San Diego staying with us for the next week.

Just a few things pissing me off about him

1. I cant go out on the beer as i normally do on a saturday night because, according to my mrs, me having a slight smell of beer about me on the sunday morning might be more than his sensitivities could bear

2. The stupid fucking way he talks which raises at the end of sentence as if asking a question and the way he starts to croak as fucking americans do.

3. The stupid way he holds a knife and fork

4. The way he looks down his nose at me for liking butter on my toast for breakfast and not jam

5. He keeps saying "a bunch of"

6. The fucking stupid daft looking chinos he wears with white pumps

7. The Newcastle shirt he wears because he likes the colours

8. Hes never heard of Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury

9. Everything is "cute"

10. He cant say "no thanks" its no, i'm good" Cunt

I'll stop there

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, A Red said:

We've got my mrs's 17 year old nephew from San Diego staying with us for the next week.

Just a few things pissing me off about him

1. I cant go out on the beer as i normally do on a saturday night because, according to my mrs, me having a slight smell of beer about me on the sunday morning might be more than his sensitivities could bear

2. The stupid fucking way he talks which raises at the end of sentence as if asking a question and the way he starts to croak as fucking americans do.

3. The stupid way he holds a knife and fork

4. The way he looks down his nose at me for liking butter on my toast for breakfast and not jam

5. He keeps saying "a bunch of"

6. The fucking stupid daft looking chinos he wears with white pumps

7. The Newcastle shirt he wears because he likes the colours

8. Hes never heard of Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury

9. Everything is "cute"

10. He cant say "no thanks" its no, i'm good" Cunt

I'll stop there

Shoot him in his sleep. Its the only way out of this. Plus you can't get nicked for it because he is on your property and in America thats ok. Oh you might wanna black him up as well if you want US Government back-up on the case. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Wind chimes. They're just pieces of metal making a fucking racket as they collide. They're about as peaceful and spiritual as Harvey Price freestyle drumming on some pots and pans.

I was in a queue at the B&M in Norris Green a few months ago and they had them for sale next to the till. Woman in-front went "Oh I'll have them too'. I nearly drowned her in weed killer. 

Unless you live on a secluded farm miles away from anyone else then why would you ever have them? I can't sleep at the best of times. 

Rock FM. Such a badly named station. I've just ran a nice bath as the Cricket is doing my head in and put the Radio on. Normally I'd have Radio X on but fancied a change as Johnny Vaughan is off. Put Rock FM on expecting at the very least a bit of Europe - Final Countdown. What was playing? Fucking Maroon 5. 

Rock FM? Cock FM more like. 

On a plus side I'm glad I went back to Radio X as Gordon Smart has got Kelly Jones from the Steeophonics on. 

Maroon fucking 5. The American Maximo Park. 

• Upvote 1

These quizzes that are supposed to determine what your favourite film/song/band/food is etc. Or guess you age. Its obvious clickbait but I sometimes fall for them. 

Seen an "Are you Oasis or Blur?" I don't know why I even bothered. 

Ary from 'The North or 'The South'

Do you prefer 'Beer' or 'Gin'

Do you 'Live your life in the city' or 'Live in a big house in the country?' 

Fuck off. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

These quizzes that are supposed to determine what your favourite film/song/band/food is etc. Or guess you age. Its obvious clickbait but I sometimes fall for them. 

Seen an "Are you Oasis or Blur?" I don't know why I even bothered. 

Ary from 'The North or 'The South'

Do you prefer 'Beer' or 'Gin'

Do you 'Live your life in the city' or 'Live in a big house in the country?' 

Fuck off. 

Which character out of Game of Thrones are you?

1. Do you prefer fire or ice?

2. Do you prefer Dogs or Dragons?

3. Was your dad a mad cunt or do you not know the fucker?

4. Was your mam a slag?

5. Would you shag a ginger?

Great, based on your answers you are....

SEI_70963047.jpg

I have a friend online with whom I've chatted regularly with for 12 years. There's no 'involvement' just chatting about life and stuff. Anyway, a few days ago, she tells me 'Finally, I'm going to Dublin'. 'Great, I'm looking forward to meeting you after all this time' I said.

Then the next thing she said is 'We (her female friend) want to go to some pubs... is there a Wetherspoons? A fucking WHAT? It's her, and her friend's first time in Ireland, and they can't go anywhere without going to an environment they know and feel familiar with, in this case an identikit formula pub owned and run by Mr Fucking Brexit himself. What is it with English people who when they go somewhere different, they still want exactly what they have at home? How about sampling the local culture, some Irish music (not everyone's taste, but still) and see how Irish people run pubs, as opposed to needing home comforts away from home? If they're going to go to a Wetherspoons, they may as well just save the expense of flights and accommodation and sit at home in their local.

Rant over.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Doh'Nuts said:

I have a friend online with whom I've chatted regularly with for 12 years. There's no 'involvement' just chatting about life and stuff. Anyway, a few days ago, she tells me 'Finally, I'm going to Dublin'. 'Great, I'm looking forward to meeting you after all this time' I said.

Then the next thing she said is 'We (her female friend) want to go to some pubs... is there a Wetherspoons? A fucking WHAT? It's her, and her friend's first time in Ireland, and they can't go anywhere without going to an environment they know and feel familiar with, in this case an identikit formula pub owned and run by Mr Fucking Brexit himself. What is it with English people who when they go somewhere different, they still want exactly what they have at home? How about sampling the local culture, some Irish music (not everyone's taste, but still) and see how Irish people run pubs, as opposed to needing home comforts away from home? If they're going to go to a Wetherspoons, they may as well just save the expense of flights and accommodation and sit at home in their local.

Rant over.

Its the same when people go on holiday within the UK. A Wetherspoons opened up where i am in Cornwall and within 2 years at least 4 local businesses have gone bust due to not being able to compete.  Thats 4 more empty premises on the high street never to return. Wetherpoons are like a giant spacecraft that lands on a small town and sucks the life out of it. Spend a couple of quid extra and try something that is probably going to be better you fucking zombies

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Doh'Nuts said:

Rant over.

There’s one in Dun Laoghaire. Nice day out at the beach too ! 

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 22:54, TK421 said:

People on facebook going on about plastic.  I get it, we need to use less of the fucking stuff.  

I go on there for a bit of light relief but all I find is gobshites going on about plastic and giving sugar to dying wasps.  Fuckin' hippies. 

It's pretty obvious there has been an active attempt to get the public to be concerned about cutting plastic and connect that to climate change, so that less scrutiny is put on emissions.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Doh'Nuts said:

Rant over.

Agree 100% on Weatherspoons but we have 'Irish' boozers all over the shop in Britain, maybe they just fancy a wee change.