You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

13 hours ago, SammyAftershave said:

That's happened to me and my Firefox is all over the shop and fucked my UBlock Origin adaware...Any known workarounds you're aware of?

Me too. They've released an update solving it due to the flood of complaints but it might take a few days to implement.

• Upvote 1

People who cannot make a fucking decision. I am talking about dopes who cannot simply use a comparison site and move whatever bill they are talking about without involving every fucker they know. 

The other one is the ditherers who fuck about over trying to get the best fucking deal and want to spend 4 hours on tyres, flights, etc to save 4 quid

We can also add to this some of the cretins who put faith in their friend's opinions over experts.

• Upvote 2

I will also add people who like to say they are 'old school' as though the whole world is wrong and all advances in knowledge should be disregarded. This is often as they have made fuck all effort to keep up with developments, because 'I am old school'.

I always find it amazing how 'old school' they are as they have smart phones, all the gadgets in their cars, smart televisions etc

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Insomnia can fuck off.

Yep. Checked my phone on the hour every hour through the night with about 20 minutes solid sleep all night. About to get a train to London for work and I swear I feel like I need to sleep for a week. 

38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Checked my phone on the hour every hour through the night with about 20 minutes solid sleep all night. About to get a train to London for work and I swear I feel like I need to sleep for a week. 

Start by moving your phone in to another room.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Start by moving your phone in to another room.

It was only because I was concious of the time. Just lay there eyes closed not able to sleep and kept wondering how long i've got left of this. Horrible state to be in 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It was only because I was concious of the time. Just lay there eyes closed not able to sleep and kept wondering how long i've got left of this. Horrible state to be in 

I know how it feels, I was a terrible sleeper for years, since being a teen. As an adult I've taken steps to address it and 6 out of 7 nights a week I generally sleep pretty well nowadays. 

Not having phones, or any screens at all, in the bedroom was one of those steps I took. Whether you're checking it or not, there's plenty of evidence that suggests the light given off by phones has a negative affect on sleep, both whilst you're awake and using it and whilst it sits idle next to your bed. 

Seriously, trying ditching it in to another room overnight. 

• Upvote 1

I also suggest not just laying there waiting to "get up". I find that makes things worse and that an hour spent out of bed doing something, going for a walk or reading a book, makes a huge difference. 

Agree on the phone thing, I started leaving my phone to charge downstairs at night and it's stopped me reaching for it if I'm struggling to get back to sleep and am bored. 

Giving up coffee for the short term has also worked for me as well. One bit of advise I need to follow more myself is that regular exercise helps. Power naps take the edge off too. 

Insomnia is not fun, good luck. 

There's loads of advice out there mate, it's worth trying it and see what works for you. For me it's simple, I can't go to bed within 90 minutes of eating, no coffee after 4pm, the room must be dark (we painted our bedroom black and have black out curtains), no phones or TV in the room and I have to read first. If I don't read I know I'll sleep poorly but that only really happens if I get home late, my wife is already asleep and I can't find a reading light. I always have to go to sleep second because, no matter how tired I am, I can't sleep with any light on.

11 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

There's loads of advice out there mate, it's worth trying it and see what works for you. For me it's simple, I can't go to bed within 90 minutes of eating, no coffee after 4pm, the room must be dark (we painted our bedroom black and have black out curtains), no phones or TV in the room and I have to read first. If I don't read I know I'll sleep poorly but that only really happens if I get home late, my wife is already asleep and I can't find a reading light. I always have to go to sleep second because, no matter how tired I am, I can't sleep with any light on.

Yeah I cant sleep with any light at all either. Even the slightest bit coming through a gap in the curtain drives me up the wall. 

13 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Agree on the phone thing, I started leaving my phone to charge downstairs at night and it's stopped me reaching for it if I'm struggling to get back to sleep and am bored. 

Giving up coffee for the short term has also worked for me as well. One bit of advise I need to follow more myself is that regular exercise helps. Power naps take the edge off too. 

Insomnia is not fun, good luck. 

Definitely- exercise is great for decent sleeping. Only thing I found is that going for a run or playing squash after say 8/ 9 o'clock in the evening, is a no-no as it leaves you a bit hyper for a couple of hours. (I usually turn in around 10 on work nights though as I need to be up by 6.)

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I cant sleep with any light at all either. Even the slightest bit coming through a gap in the curtain drives me up the wall. 

I'm the opposite with this- complete darkness makes me feel like I'm suffocating. I need to be able to make out the 'boundaries' of the room otherwise I start panicking.