You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

On 26/01/2017 at 13:14, soapytitwank said:

They didn't even specify by which day at 7pm. Typical Yodel.

Also, completely contradictory to my above point, I recently had a Yodel delivery and was pleasantly surprised at the "number of deliveries before yours" tracker online. It's not entirely useless.

Been using this tracker as I'm expecting a delivery before 5:30pm. 30 minutes ago, there were 9 deliveries before mine and yet the driver was only 2 streets away. Now there are 6 deliveries before mine but the driver is about a mile and a half away. Are their drivers paid by the hour or by the mile?

40 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Could the practice of reading out the offer small print at 10 times the normal speed at the end of a radio advert be any more fucking obnoxious?

Yep does my head in. Was it the new SKY TV one by any chance? I know they all do it but I heard that today and it pissed me off 

Whenever people are talking about where they live or used to live and say "oh, it's the kind of place where we dont/didn't lock our doors."

What kind of fucking moron doesn't lock their door? Your family live in the house, all your valuables and even if you didn't understand humans, do you not understand privacy? 

I mean, fucking hell. There's a reason that pissing in the street comes with a £50 fine.

• Upvote 2

There’s not an ignore function for WhatsApp groups is there?

There’s a woman in one of mine and she’s relentless. In the last week we’ve got to go mountain biking, we’ve got to go to see some Beatles tribute band, some show her friend’s in and dancing to 80s music. Just calm down, would you?

45 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Not matching a shirt button with the correct hole. 

Was very tempted to rip it off and lash it in the bin I was so livid with myself yesterday.

The blind rage after doing the same with a duvet cover is what sets off serial killers.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Whenever people are talking about where they live or used to live and say "oh, it's the kind of place where we dont/didn't lock our doors."

What kind of fucking moron doesn't lock their door? Your family live in the house, all your valuables and even if you didn't understand humans, do you not understand privacy? 

I mean, fucking hell. There's a reason that pissing in the street comes with a £50 fine.

A bit like old people that say Kids were safe when we were young, well apart from Ian Brady and Myra Hindley....

5 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Scottish money. What's the fucking point of having a currency that nobody outside of Scotland accepts ?

Aye, it's very annoying the amount of grief you get in England with it. If I'm down I always wait 'til I've crossed the Border before taking money out a cash machine. There's a couple of bank machines in Edinburgh that dish out Bank of England notes only, presumably for this very purpose.

Having said that, are you not in Germany? I don't think they'll take a Scottish tenner over there, Dougie.

Just now, Mook said:

Aye, it's very annoying the amount of grief you get in England with it. If I'm down I always wait 'til I've crossed the Border before taking money out a cash machine. There's a couple of bank machines in Edinburgh that dish out Bank of England notes only, presumably for this very purpose.

Having said that, are you not in Germany? I don't think they'll take a Scottish tenner over there, Dougie.

I've been into two banks and a western union. You'd think it'd been laced with fucking novochoc the way they reacted. 

• Upvote 1

On 13/03/2019 at 12:34, skaro said:

When someone in a film orders a drink, takes one sip during the course of their conversation at the bar or table, then leaves the scene... and the drink, with only one sip taken out of it.

That's like when they half fill a tumbler out of a bottle and the level on the bottle goes down half an inch.

I put a splash in a thimble and the fucking bottle is half empty

Didn’t want to be a cock and put this in the smoking thread.

At the hospital I use they have a covered smoking section a short walk off and to the side of the entrance, yet loads of selfish cunts still gather round the front door smoking, causing anyone walking in or out to have to do so through their plumes.

Needless to say, I hope they contract virulent Ebola and shit their own legs off, the absolute fucking dickheads.

• Upvote 4

Waiting 15-20 minutes in a queue to use the air pump at the petrol station, only for a refuelling tanker to show up just as it's finally reached your turn. They have to switch off all the pumps including the air pump for health and safety reasons.

10 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Waiting 15-20 minutes in a queue to use the air pump at the petrol station, only for a refuelling tanker to show up just as it's finally reached your turn. They have to switch off all the pumps including the air pump for health and safety reasons.

How many fucking cars were there? It takes about a minute 

This didn't happen. You're just looking for something to moan about. You're a fucking bird aren't you really. 

Nil Dick Tits Optimum 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How many fucking cars were there? It takes about a minute

There were 3 when I joined the queue. The dickhead at the front spent ages sorting his tyres out as he seemed to going round each ones at least twice. I have a compressor which I normally use but it packed up.

24 minutes ago, Trumo said:

There were 3 when I joined the queue. The dickhead at the front spent ages sorting his tyres out as he seemed to going round each ones at least twice. I have a compressor which I normally use but it packed up.

That 'dickhead' was just looking out for himself, his family and the safety of other road users. Its dickheads like you who run people over because your tires are shagged. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

That 'dickhead' was just looking out for himself, his family and the safety of other road users. Its dickheads like you who run people over because your tires are shagged. 

But I thought it only takes about a minute. Or were you talking about something else?

You know when people say they should teach kids about useful stuff in school like taxes and credit management?

Well scrub that, what they should do is prepare everyone for the stress of organising and taking care of your kids birthday parties. Doesn't matter what you do or where you host it, it's just fucking carnage. Dealing with other people's kids when they get dropped off and their parents get an afternoon free of their little darlings. Glad it's only once a year.

Thankfully my kids are at an age in which these play type parties are almost over, soon they'll be getting pissed in the streets or shite pubs that don't question their ages.