You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

6 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Is it for the nipper? Try a syringe mate, cant spill out of that.

It's for me, I've got the mother of all tickly coughs, had to sleep on the couch last night & am considering taking a flame thrower to the fucking thing.

Just now, Mook said:

It's for me, I've got the mother of all tickly coughs, had to sleep on the couch last night & am considering taking a flame thrower to the fucking thing.

They should make cough mixture for adults in little 5ml pouches that dissolve in your mouth. 

Invent it, get rich, I get 25%. Make it happen.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mook said:

I've had that for the past week or so. I find that cough syrups only work for a few minutes and then your looking for the next swig. I'm just letting it take its course but the bastard seems to be in for the long haul. 

Buckled by the same cold.

Night nurse, cold and flu tablets during the day, getting as much fluids in as possible, permanent-green tea on the go, vitamin c tablets every morning and those sinus rinse things constantly.

Reserve the right to whine like an obnoxious child when I have a cold, they can absolutely get to fuck.

Last year was a wipe out in our office. There was a stage when there were 18 people out of the office sick at the same time. In an office of 60 that's very noticeable. One guy who has one lung after an accident years ago was in hospital for 2 weeks with an infection and another lad who is in his 30s,  fit and healthy, was in with pneumonia. Not sure if it's my perception or reality, but it really seems to be getting worse. Maybe the planet is trying to fight back.

3 hours ago, Mook said:

See that old man in the doorway shaking from drinking too much cough syrup; that's you that is.

8 hours ago, Mook said:

Until you've been to your local doctor's surgery, pretended to have TB and got an appointment with 10 different GPs, it's not really a story worth sharing mate.

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2018 at 2:52 PM, Redder Lurtz said:

The fact that it seems to be a given that anyone who's been in the armed forces is some kind of "hero" or someone to admire and look up to. It's not particularly any kind of an achievement to have left school with fuck all qualifications, signed up for a minimum term in the army as cannon fodder because there's nothing else realistically available to do, then to leave again after said minimum term and end up in a minimum wage job, getting pissed and shoving coke up your nostrils on a weekend whilst spouting off about all the ace times you had with the lads in Germany or Cyprus or wherever.

Don't get me wrong, I've the highest admiration for those who sign up to the forces and put the effort in to their career, probably more than someone who signs up to be an accountant or whatever. I'm just not held in the type of awe society seems to expect I should be of some neanderthal meathead with nothing between the ears who did 3 years in the infantry who'll brag about "when I was in the army" until the day he dies.

Met one in The Swan years ago who was going on for ages about his ability to kill someone using only a toffee wrapper. I was asking him if it had to be a toffee wrapper or if he was adaptable enough to use say a packet of Chewits. 

• Upvote 3

Having to create an account to but something online. 

Just been trying to buy tickets for the rugby at Anfield via a site powered by ticket master that asked me to create an account in order to buy tickets. Ah I thought, I have a ticket master account I'll use that. Logs into TM, clicks on rugby at Anfield and I'm redirected to where I originally was and had to create a fucking account.  

24 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Having to create an account to but something online. 

Just been trying to buy tickets for the rugby at Anfield via a site powered by ticket master that asked me to create an account in order to buy tickets. Ah I thought, I have a ticket master account I'll use that. Logs into TM, clicks on rugby at Anfield and I'm redirected to where I originally was and had to create a fucking account.  

Whats this? Have we signed Scott Brown? 

On 8 October 2018 at 1:52 PM, Redder Lurtz said:

The fact that it seems to be a given that anyone who's been in the armed forces is some kind of "hero" or someone to admire and look up to. It's not particularly any kind of an achievement to have left school with fuck all qualifications, signed up for a minimum term in the army as cannon fodder because there's nothing else realistically available to do, then to leave again after said minimum term and end up in a minimum wage job, getting pissed and shoving coke up your nostrils on a weekend whilst spouting off about all the ace times you had with the lads in Germany or Cyprus or wherever.

Don't get me wrong, I've the highest admiration for those who sign up to the forces and put the effort in to their career, probably more than someone who signs up to be an accountant or whatever. I'm just not held in the type of awe society seems to expect I should be of some neanderthal meathead with nothing between the ears who did 3 years in the infantry who'll brag about "when I was in the army" until the day he dies.

Yep. I was in the Navy but the best part I can brag about is the amount of fanny I got. 

This boy who works in my building also gets on the same train as me in the morning, about six weeks back he initiated an 'Alright, mate?' thing on the train platform, which after a few days ended up in a full blown conversation on the platform & then on the train into town. After a couple of days of this he obviously decided I was a cunt or something because he started standing further up the platform & ignoring me, which was fine with me because I can't be arsed speaking to anyone at that time of the day anyway.

This morning he wanders up to me on the platform for the first time in days, 'Alright, mate, how's things?'.

Fucking twat.

I just said, 'Aye, no bad' & then went back to my phone. Can't wait 'til tomorrow now, I feel like I'm in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5