You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Still loads of places faxing , Mook.

Last Bank I worked for ( up to mid 2016 ) still worked on faxing copies of identification documents to a centre in Asia which physically opened the accounts. Absolute nightmare with the new style biometric passports being too light to show all of the details.

One lad in the office ended up ' Faxmaster ' as he was the only one of us gifted in the intricacies of shading and expansion.

I know, I was just japing. We had one in our last office & that was November 2017.

People still ask me if they can fax stuff to me as well & I have to tell them that mobile phones, Bananarama & fax machines went out of existence 30 years ago.

Hang on...

• Upvote 1

Wife paid a fair bit including insurance to track a parcel via Royal Mail to Adelaide ( New LFC shirt for a niece to wear for a CL final party  ).

Sent in loads of time and given a tracking number.

The day after it is sent the tracking message is 'received at depot for foreign despatch'.

The message never changes

Gets to 2 days before the final with no sign at the other end , so Mrs goes to the Post Office and is told with a smile ' Don't worry , the tracking stops at the UK border and that's why the message never changes, but if it doesn't get there within 21 days of the agreed date you can come back and complete a compensation claim form '. Cashier can't seem to grasp why that isn't really good enough.

Shirt turns up in Oz in early June.

Royal Mail & Hermes both proper shit

Same thing happened to me. Got as far as Nottingham and then *poof* gone. Stopped there and vanished. Someone obviously really wanted Romania's '96 home shirt.

• Upvote 1

That Keith Lemon bollocks and it’s thousand spin-offs.

Doubly tedious because the fella behind it already well outstayed his welcome the first time round in the Bo Selecta era.

I've only ever seen it at my parent's house. When they put it on they talk to me like I watch it every week and every time I have to tell them I don't. Same with Mrs Brown's Boys. Shite.
  • Upvote 1

Car companies advertising their wares for low monthly payments that sound affordable but then reveal the massive deposit thus rendering it again unaffordable. It’s complete bollocks and pointless. I could advertise a Rolls Royce for 50 quid a month and then reveal the deposit to be 199 grand. Crap, fuck off.

• Upvote 1

Car companies advertising their wares for low monthly payments that sound affordable but then reveal the massive deposit thus rendering it again unaffordable. It’s complete bollocks and pointless. I could advertise a Rolls Royce for 50 quid a month and then reveal the deposit to be 199 grand. Crap, fuck off.

Never understood how they get away with this. Until recently I was involved in lending money with a Bank ( I know Banks are hated ) but we were regulated to within an inch of our lives by the FCA with constant compliance issues and constant checking of our work and our advertising , and then I watch these car firms and payday lenders just basically putting any bollocks in their adverts and trying to hide the important stuff in tiny letters at the bottom & nobody seems to give a shit.

Still loads of places faxing , Mook.

Last Bank I worked for ( up to mid 2016 ) still worked on faxing copies of identification documents to a centre in Asia which physically opened the accounts. Absolute nightmare with the new style biometric passports being too light to show all of the details.

One lad in the office ended up ' Faxmaster ' as he was the only one of us gifted in the intricacies of shading and expansion.

I know, I was just japing. We had one in our last office & that was November 2017.

People still ask me if they can fax stuff to me as well & I have to tell them that mobile phones, Bananarama & fax machines went out of existence 30 years ago.

Hang on...

I used to work for a government agency over here in Aus, we had to build an application to allow health care providers register with the agency to digitally manage patient details.

We had to build an application, that basically filled in a pdf and the sent a fax to the department of health with said completed pdf form.

It had to take a digital artefact that the end user completed online, then connect it to an analog fax and transmit to DoH.

This was the only way they would accept such forms.

They had a fax to email endpoint which then converted the fax from analog to digital before delivering in someones inbox.

still happening in 2016/2017

and it cost a good few quid to develop and maintain the application.

When you're listening to music on shuffle and one song is blasting loud, then you can barely hear the next one, despite having the volume at the same level.

To add to this when shuffle isn't really shuffle and the same songs from a library of 300+ keep on playing "randomly".
  • Upvote 1