You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Busy body bastards.

Just been to collect Izzy from after school club which is in a church hall. It’s on a really steep hill and when you turn into the driveway that’s on another incline. Pulled in behind a bloke who had to stop because the gates were shut with some other bloke standing guard. Guy in front has to reverse, forcing me reverse back out blind onto the steep hill. Me and the other driver then go to another car park. I walk to the blocked gates and asked what’s going on. Dick head tells me he’s stopping people illegally (his words) using the church car park. It’s 4:30pm in fucking Marple Bridge, does he think the Krays are going to rock up and start shooting slags? As I go in to the car park there are about 5 cars in there, exactly the same as always. So I asked him if it was the safest thing to do as he’s forcing people into the road. He told me he needs to protect the car park. Couldn’t tell him to fuck off due to kids.

During this recent nice weather I've noticed something about myself, that I'm never fucking happy.

I'll be sitting outside in the garden & I'll start thinking about work or something else that's bugging me, or playing with one of the kids & the other one will kick off, or listening to some music that I love & I find myself wondering what album I'll put on next rather than just enjoying it. I never seem to have a moment of complete contentment. I realise that this is very much a first world problem but does anyone else suffer from this?

I probably need to get into Zen philosophy or something. A shag would help like but there's a four month old baby in the bedroom with us.

You need to bang your boss mate. Its the only option. 

You need to bang your boss mate. Its the only option.

You've got some fucking nerve after the bullshit you got about your hefty annoying housemate, doing the same to Mooky babes. I got the same routine on this forum about 12 years ago when I worked with the most annoying fat cunt from Bolton.

A few jokes I understand but literally years of the same routine gets almost as tedious as the silly cunt in the first place.

Brexit behaviour.

• Upvote 1

7 pieces of ham in a packet.

Seven.

On day four I'm left with 1 piece of ham because who in their right mind would ever use 1 piece of ham on a buttie.

Beef. Packs of 8.

Chicken. Packs of 10.

Both divisible by 2. Sound.

Ham. Pack of 7.

Not divisible by 2. Wankers.

The complete and utter pointlessness of Liverpool South parkway station.

Had to get the train to London from here the other day. Unless you live on the Southport line it's a bastard to get to early on.

It's billed as the airport train station but you have to go to central station unless you are on the Southport line because the Ormskirk and Kirkby trains terminate at Central. If you want to get to the airport you then get off at the station and wait round for the bus which takes you to the airport. Just what you need for an early flight. Even the tracks are too small so the Virgin train has to reverse and change tracks resulting in a load of hysterical fannies banging on the door thinking they've got on the wrong train.

• Upvote 2

Couldn't agree more about South Parkway. It's just an absolute con effectively labelling it as the airport's train station. Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they redevelop the waterfront and Moe looks to have a flashy bar there, but it's really just an attractive exterior for a big fuck off tunnel that leads to his normal dive. You get off at South Parkway and it's still an absolute mission to the airport, never mind a complete faff!

It should be a source of embarrassment that you can get a train from Lime Street direct into Manchester airport, but there's nothing similar available into the city's own airport.

• Upvote 2

Question time.

Basically it's just an hour of twats arguing about Brexit, Trump and occasionally Syria. With the occasional Tory planted in the audience. Boring monotonous shite.

I'm sure I've said this before, but it works much better if you watch it as an Ianucci-style parody. I tend to have it on in the background; forget the politicians, they're white noise, it's the loons in the audience that make me tune in, particularly the ones who crowbar in some odd experience from their own lives. The other week an old fella began a critique of Brexit negotiations with "Now, I once struck a deal with Wickes..."

• Upvote 1

I used to live right next to Speke Airport and got the train from South Parkway to here down south every other weekend. It was £4 in a taxi. I wouldn’t exactly call it a mission!

It's the best part of three miles and with the new drop off charge would cost a minimum of £7 in a cab. I can see why people coming into the city by train, if their train happens to pass through South Parkway would use it, but otherwise it's less hassle to just get a cab direct or bus direct from your home or the city centre. 

Faustus makes a good point and it's one I've mentioned myself on TLW. You can get a train direct to MA from Liverpool but not our own airport. If the will was there, they could have found a way of linking the airport to the rail network.