You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

• 2 weeks later...

A lad I know ‘plays’ American football. I say that but in realty he’s a kicker, or as he says he’s part of the kicking team. I know he’s the most uncoordinated cunt in the world, I could walk into any pub round here on a Wednesday night and find 10 people who’d be better than him but to hear him wank on you’d think he has a chance at the Super Bowl. He’s 38.

Opting for a takeaway when your dinner plans fall through. Sitting in the chippy, smelling it, getting more and more hungry. Texting, “on way”. Getting home to find not a plate out, no cutlery, no bread buttered, no drinks poured.

If she so much as looks at me wrong way from now til bed time...

• Upvote 2

Opting for a takeaway when your dinner plans fall through. Sitting in the chippy, smelling it, getting more and more hungry. Texting, “on way”. Getting home to find not a plate out, no cutlery, no bread buttered, no drinks poured.

If she so much as looks at me wrong way from now til bed time...

You don’t eat a chippy tea off a plate!

• Upvote 2

What kind of scruffs wouldn’t use a plate and cutlery?

I thought the story was going to be that she hadn’t bothered to warm the plates through in the oven, which I suppose by leaving them in the cupboard she achieves by default.

Spot on Tony, there are some right deviants in here.

If I went for an Indian or a Chinese & the plates weren't out when I came home I would be pissed off but a chippy is meant to be eaten out of the poke with your hands.

We have to here in the N of Z.

They don't wrap the portions individually. You order your chips by the scoop (a scoop is probably about 2 portions). Then they put your fish, sausages or whatever on top and wrap it all in one big package.

Can't get gravy or curry sauce here either. The sheep shagging perverts.

We have to here in the N of Z.

They don't wrap the portions individually. You order your chips by the scoop (a scoop is probably about 2 portions). Then they put your fish, sausages or whatever on top and wrap it all in one big package.

Can't get gravy or curry sauce here either. The sheep shagging perverts.

Can you get peas?

I’d just have a whole scoop of chips and a piece of fish to myself. I’d make my own gravy, too.

Chippies down south rarely do gravy, so when I lived there I’d take my own gravy in a little flask. I was once asked to leave a fish and chip restaurant for doing so.

Can you get peas?

I’d just have a whole scoop of chips and a piece of fish to myself. I’d make my own gravy, too.

Chippies down south rarely do gravy, so when I lived there I’d take my own gravy in a little flask. I was once asked to leave a fish and chip restaurant for doing so.

My old mum, god rest her soul , used to take Bisto gravy granules with her whenever she went for a sunday dinner anywhere.

• Upvote 1

I prefer to eat my chicken fried rice and beef curry from a plate just to avoid,well errr, looking like a toddler using a spoon for the first time. Saves washing my cargo shorts for another week.

We're getting into the murky world of what is a traditional chippy tea and a Chinese meal here. 

Back in the day, a traditional chippy tea round these parts was chips and something with it. A fish or pie or fishcake,  (or savory cake if your a wool) Chippy tea day was always on the day my dad got paid which was in cash in one of those semi transparent wage packets with a corner missing so the notes could be counted and the coins visible.

Anyway. A mountain of bread and butter would be made up while we waited for whoever's turn it was to return from the chippy. The wrapping paper would then be split and the portions be divided.

Chip butties on a cold winters night. Food of the gods.

• Upvote 6

We're getting into the murky world of what is a traditional chippy tea and a Chinese meal here. 

Back in the day, a traditional chippy tea round these parts was chips and something with it. A fish or pie or fishcake,  (or savory cake if your a wool) Chippy tea day was always on the day my dad got paid which was in cash in one of those semi transparent wage packets with a corner missing so the notes could be counted and the coins visible.

Anyway. A mountain of bread and butter would be made up while we waited for whoever's turn it was to return from the chippy. The wrapping paper would then be split and the portions be divided.

Chippy loyalty is sacrosanct. I’d no more go to a different chippy that I’d have a Utd tattoo.

Back in the day, a traditional chippy tea round these parts was chips and something with it. A fish or pie or fishcake, (or savory cake if your a wool) Chippy tea day was always on the day my dad got paid which was in cash in one of those semi transparent wage packets with a corner missing so the notes could be counted and the coins visible.

I’m not really a fan of Chinese chippies, although I’m not averse to sometimes having half chips, half rice and curry. They can keep the rest, though. I much prefer traditional British chippies. As you say, chips and something with them. Mostly fish, occasionally a fishcake or a pie. Chippy sausages are rubbish, so they have to be battered. Gravy and plenty of bread and butter.

Back in the day, a traditional chippy tea round these parts was chips and something with it. A fish or pie or fishcake, (or savory cake if your a wool) Chippy tea day was always on the day my dad got paid which was in cash in one of those semi transparent wage packets with a corner missing so the notes could be counted and the coins visible.

I can still remember my ol fella going on strike when the docks tried changing the wages being rounded up/down from a pound to a fiver!

Chippy loyalty is sacrosanct. I’d no more go to a different chippy that I’d have a Utd tattoo.

I would go to different takeaways depending on what I want. I don't eat meat anymore but when I did I would use say a different one for sausages, a different one for fish, a different one for a pastie, a different one for a cheesy chip, etc. Same with Chineses - prefer a chow mein from one, but a chicken dish from another, etc.