You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

My lad went flying in town today and has a big cog on his forehead. My missus phones me in work upset and asking if he needs to go the walk in, so I finish work (I work flexi) and tell her I'll take him and she can stay home with the youngest. Gets the walk in at 5pm and seen by triage by 5.10pm. Sound, I thought, this will be done in no time. The triage nurse says she reckons he's okay, just a big lump and she'd be happy sending him home after she does a couple of checks. She's still happy after them but says she'll take a second opinion and ask us to stick around to see someone.

7.20pm. Two hours after we were seen, we get a shout to go through. Who's sat in the room? Yep, the same triage nurse and she's the one doing the appointment. She's doing her own second opinion! And within 20 seconds says we can go home.

I bet they were fucking pissing themselves when we left the room.

• Upvote 1

My lad went flying in town today and has a big cog on his forehead. My missus phones me in work upset and asking if he needs to go the walk in, so I finish work (I work flexi) and tell her I'll take him and she can stay home with the youngest. Gets the walk in at 5pm and seen by triage by 5.10pm. Sound, I thought, this will be done in no time. The triage nurse says she reckons he's okay, just a big lump and she'd be happy sending him home after she does a couple of checks. She's still happy after them but says she'll take a second opinion and ask us to stick around to see someone.

7.20pm. Two hours after we were seen, we get a shout to go through. Who's sat in the room? Yep, the same triage nurse and she's the one doing the appointment. She's doing her own second opinion! And within 20 seconds says we can go home.

Maybe shes schizophrenic?

• Upvote 1

I bet that really grinds your gears.

• Upvote 1

I've just found out that the one hot bird in my office left abruptly while I was off on holiday last week, not one single grain of eye candy left in the fucking place now.

Bummer.

And when I say that, I mean I'm actually going to become a bummer, the blokes in here have got nicer arses than the swamp donkeys masquerading as women.

• Upvote 1

I've just found out that the one hot bird in my office left abruptly while I was off on holiday last week, not one single grain of eye candy left in the fucking place now.

Bummer.

And when I say that, I mean I'm actually going to become a bummer, the blokes in here have got nicer arses than the swamp donkeys masquerading as women.

I think she was too upset to tell you she was leaving so waited until you were away so she could slip away and avoid one of you saying something you might have regretted

I think she was too upset to tell you she was leaving so waited until you were away so she could slip away and avoid one of you saying something you might have regretted

Judging by the tone of her 'leaving drinks' e-mail she sent yesterday afternoon I suspect something sinister might have happened on a night out while I was off.

Unfortunately I never speak to anyone at work & I'm not going to her leaving night so I'll probably never know.

There was one boy who was taking the stalking her in the kitchen a bit far though, he was probably camped outside her house dressed as a post box & she's decided enough was enough.

Judging by the tone of her 'leaving drinks' e-mail she sent yesterday afternoon I suspect something sinister might have happened on a night out while I was off.

Unfortunately I never speak to anyone at work & I'm not going to her leaving night so I'll probably never know.

There was one boy who was taking the stalking her in the kitchen a bit far though, he was probably camped outside her house dressed as a post box & she's decided enough was enough.

Was the postbox costume expensive?

Bummer.

Are the blokes in the office ok with that, or are you going to need some people to help hold them down?

• Upvote 1

Guy in the office sniffing all day today. Someone asked him if he wanted a tissue and he said in a completely surprised tone "No, I'm fine, I don't need any". Er, yea ok then. Kids have snotty noses and sniff and wipe their noses on their sleeves, that's fine, it's what they do. But a grown man working in an office? And he constantly clicks his pen as well. Irritating shit.

Spanish people's inability to walk like a functioning human.

I get the pace of life is slower, etc. I like it, in fact. But fucking hell, if you're an old slow cunt get out of the fucking way. If you're incapable of going five minutes without playing with your phone, occasionally look up. Don't stop in front of the entrance of a shop.

Cunt pedestrians.

Are you in Spain?

Every shop trying to cajole you into taking out a loyalty card. I just want to pay and go, but instead I have to try a variety of different tactics to politely decline, hoping that they'll read through my lukewarm reception to the idea. What I actually want to say is "I don't shop here often, the thought of being a habitual customer in your store depresses me and I don't consider it worth the space in my wallet".