You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Getting an itchy nose when you're doing the dishes.

haha - that is a right twat, because you know to scratch your nose with a bubbly hand is going to make things a million times worse.  You and up flinging all the dishes to the floor and using the tea towel to sort your nose out, which then means you have to get another tea towel out, and, and

it's a fucking nightmare

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Forgot to ask Stringy, (i'm taking it you had Sleep Apnoea yourself or still have) did you have that Cpap treatment with the mask and the cube thing, and if so what did you make of it all? 

Forgot to ask Stringy, (i'm taking it you had Sleep Apnoea yourself or still have) did you have that Cpap treatment with the mask and the cube thing, and if so what did you make of it all? 

no, I didn't have it that bad - it was (and is) acid reflux, which forces acid up your food pipe, into your throat (which burns like fuck) and then into your trachea, which makes you cough uncontrollably for 20 minutes.  Horrible, and kills your sleep when you know you're going to be up for at least an hour in the middle of the night.  In my case, it's completely self inflicted because I'm overweight.  I've just started back at the gym after breaking my ankle so I'm planning on being back down to my fighting weight by Christmas.

Guest Pistonbroke

no, I didn't have it that bad - it was (and is) acid reflux, which forces acid up your food pipe, into your throat (which burns like fuck) and then into your trachea, which makes you cough uncontrollably for 20 minutes.  Horrible, and kills your sleep when you know you're going to be up for at least an hour in the middle of the night.  In my case, it's completely self inflicted because I'm overweight.  I've just started back at the gym after breaking my ankle so I'm planning on being back down to my fighting weight by Christmas.

Sounds shit as well, good luck in your fight mate. 

I've got it too. Partly down to weight and partly down to a history of chronic rhinitis, nasal problems and a deviated septum.

Got the CPAP malarkey, but have regressed a bit in how often I use it.

Going back on it properly tonight, as I've had a few consistent nights were I've proper jumped up awake, gasping, to the extent I almost fell out of bed the other night.

It's fucking horrid. Makes you worry about going to sleep as you know what can be coming. At its worst, it can proper panic you when you have an incident. I used to keep a stress ball on the bedside cabinet and give that a squeeze whenever I had a bad one.

Mispronunciation of 'foreign' words:

Crus'ant - big one over in Aus, fucking grinds me teeth as I eat loads of the bastard things.

Excetera - our old CISO was always dropping this one, when I pointed out it meant the inverse of what he wanted to say, he would just give us a sly nod as he continued to use it.

Et walla - listening to BBC science podcast, and some obviously well educated Yank scientist starts dropping this shit.

Don't use fucking loanwords if you don't know what the fuck they are.

• Upvote 1

Anyone used who used to do ecstacy must remember them brain shocks. I remember one particular sunday or Monday night (after a particularly heavy Friday night/ Sat morning on them) and for about an hour everytime I'd go to nod off I'd get this electric current type thing rush up my body and just shock my brain awake. Horrible fucking things them.

Yeah, brain zaps. Used to get them all the time after a night on the garys. Something to do with your seratonin.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I've got it too. Partly down to weight and partly down to a history of chronic rhinitis, nasal problems and a deviated septum.

Got the CPAP malarkey, but have regressed a bit in how often I use it.

Going back on it properly tonight, as I've had a few consistent nights were I've proper jumped up awake, gasping, to the extent I almost fell out of bed the other night.

It's fucking horrid. Makes you worry about going to sleep as you know what can be coming. At its worst, it can proper panic you when you have an incident. I used to keep a stress ball on the bedside cabinet and give that a squeeze whenever I had a bad one.

I just couldn't get on with that mask and cube, I'd obviously not have an attack as I just couldn't sleep at all with the shitty thing. Eventually the Krankenkasse (health insurance) took it off me after the clinic read the hours of use via the built in chip, not that I was arsed like. As I mentioned earlier in the thread I just upped my fitness regime, cut out eating and drinking certain liquids after 6pm etc etc. It all made a huge difference and although I'll have an attack now and again I can go a month or two without one, sometimes longer. One thing that might also help you is Vicks vapour rub, I use it every evening on the old chest, especially if I have a dry throat or nose. 

Mispronunciation of 'foreign' words:

Crus'ant - big one over in Aus, fucking grinds me teeth as I eat loads of the bastard things.

Excetera - our old CISO was always dropping this one, when I pointed out it meant the inverse of what he wanted to say, he would just give us a sly nod as he continued to use it.

Et walla - listening to BBC science podcast, and some obviously well educated Yank scientist starts dropping this shit.

Don't use fucking loanwords if you don't know what the fuck they are.

Got a mate that says either "ekt" or "Ektcetera" in spite having had it carefully explained to him not only the meaning but that "etc" is a written abbreviation not a spoken one. He writes "ect" in correspondence and being ex army he uses it a lot in written stuff. Told him it makes look like a nong but he has it so deeply ingrained.

I even heard our beloved PM, Malcolm "Truffles" Turnbull use :ectcetera" in a speech a few days ago.

Dumb Aussies.

Got a mate that says either "ekt" or "Ektcetera" in spite having had it carefully explained to him not only the meaning but that "etc" is a written abbreviation not a spoken one. He writes "ect" in correspondence and being ex army he uses it a lot in written stuff. Told him it makes look like a nong but he has it so deeply ingrained.

I even heard our beloved PM, Malcolm "Truffles" Turnbull use :ectcetera" in a speech a few days ago.

Dumb Aussies.

200_s.gif

Dumb Aussies.

Just googled that word and was gonna call you out as a mong.

Turn out I'm a nong.