You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

People who are petty, proper awkward cunts

Hard to put this into words, but when you are working on something or trying to put your ideas across to somebody and they just want to discuss the finest details or be petty cunts.  I find for the most part they seem to be a bit thick

• Upvote 1

My niece came away with us 3 years ago as well, my mother in law paid for her to go so my sister in law and her fella get rid of their kid for 2 weeks. Anyway, she was homesick and wanted to ring home most nights. My Mrs being the dope that she is let her use her mobile most nights.

We get home and I checked our bank statements and get hit for a bill of £250 quid. I was fucking fuming, one because my Mrs shouldn't have kept letting her use the phone and 2 she kept quiet about how much it was. I tell her to go round to her sisters and say that her sister should pay some of our bill. I think they gave us about 25 quid six months later.

• Upvote 1

People who have developed the skill of being such a cabbage and awkward twat that nobody even bothers asking them for anything.  As you know any dealing with this person will be fucking painful and counterproductive 

I wish I could develop this trait so I could go through life being an awkward and unhelpful blert that nobody bothers with

I have that in my work, one fella is notoriously slow at dealing with things, pedantic and awkward. If someone wants something checked urgently they avoid him like the plague and go to other managers. He gets to sit off and carry on with whatever he wants while everyone else gets snowed under.

I have that in my work, one fella is notoriously slow at dealing with things, pedantic and awkward. If someone wants something checked urgently they avoid him like the plague and go to other managers. He gets to sit off and carry on with whatever he wants while everyone else gets snowed under.

Mine wasn't work related. We have a friend of the family who excels at being a cabbage so much so that he cannot be trusted to carry out a simple task and we have all given up on him.  His cabbage powers are amazing, so amazing that his other relatives have taken to looking after his mum as she gets older because he genuinely cannot change a bulb.

On the subject of work though.....

I used to work with a lad and he only got the job through is mum.  I think the boss took pity on him and gave him a job.  He was so thick he could barely look after himself and to top it off you should have seen the attitude from him whenever he was asked to carry out a task he was paid to do. He was the cleaner and in the end I use to clean my own work surface, and the kitchen area because I actually had some consideration for the area I was making food in and working in all day.

He made a den in a storage area (fully equipped with blankets and pillows) and it was better to leave him asleep in there as it was not worth the bother even conversing with him.  

I was back in the UK this month for the first time this year. Practically every common-as-fuck chav was walking around wearing plain sweatshirts with the words Jack Wills written on them. What the fuck is up with that. Fickle, fickle wankers.

My fucking sister is the same, always following the fashion fads, whether it's grunge or boho or festival chic or whatever. The fucking gobshites have zero fucking identity and nothing they identify with do they? The radio 1 listening, follow whatever they're told to follow cunts.

• Upvote 5

I thought the Jack Wills thing was two years ago. Genuinely, I'm not taking the piss, you couldn't move for it, Holister and Abercrombie and Fitch the couple of years before that. It's Raised by Wolves clobber down here at the moment. Predictable monotony of the crowd

Take it literally. Put them in a cage with some real wolves and see if they're accepted as part of the family.

I'm guessing not. Maybe "Raised by Cunts" would be more appropriate.

I thought the Jack Wills thing was two years ago. Genuinely, I'm not taking the piss, you couldn't move for it, Holister and Abercrombie and Fitch the couple of years before that. It's Raised by Wolves clobber down here at the moment. Predictable monotony of the crowd

Maybe it's just hit Shropshire? We're a little behind the times.

"Raised by Wolves" and "Jack Wills" ????

anigif_enhanced-12704-1413157136-10.gif

• Upvote 1

The freedom not having to drive gives you is well worth the occasional inconvenience.

I find I arrive at work in the morning calm and stress free (that quickly changes) and get home exactly the same. Not having to deal with nobhead drivers, splitarses trying to do their make up in rear view mirrors, twats not knowing what the indicator stick is for and simply not having to go anywhere near a petrol station is simply bliss.

• Upvote 1

The freedom not having to drive gives you is well worth the occasional inconvenience.

I find I arrive at work in the morning calm and stress free (that quickly changes) and get home exactly the same. Not having to deal with nobhead drivers, splitarses trying to do their make up in rear view mirrors, twats not knowing what the indicator stick is for and simply not having to go anywhere near a petrol station is simply bliss.

I haven't driven a car for about three years. It's absolute bliss.

• Upvote 1

I haven't driven a car for about three years. It's absolute bliss.

I've never seen the point in driving at all, when I grew up I walked everywhere in a smallish town & ever since I've left home I've stayed in or around a city centre, where the public transport is sufficient to get to pretty much anywhere.

Plus it means I can be constantly drunk.

• Upvote 2

I've never seen the point in driving at all, when I grew up I walked everywhere in a smallish town & ever since I've left home I've stayed in or around a city centre, where the public transport is sufficient to get to pretty much anywhere.

Plus it means I can be constantly drunk.

I live in a smallish town. When I want to leave it, which is often, as it's fucking horrible, I'm happy enough to take a bus. I can read a book for half an hour. For days out, beach, etc, mates are always willing to drive. Most of them actually enjoy it.

I think if I lived in Tuscany and had a Ferrari 250 GTO it might be different, but sitting in traffic jams in a 106 isn't my idea of fun.