You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Red lights at 3.30am at the end of motorways...!!

Procedure is a guideline...if safe to go and not a car for miles...just go!!

Red lights at 3.30am at the end of motorways...!!

Procedure is a guideline...if safe to go and not a car for miles...just go!!

I'd vote for that and even push the boat out as far as suggesting traffic lights are turned off after 01.00, say, and allow people to use their judgement for negotiating junctions. Would that work?

I like that American rule that you can filter right on red if there's nothing coming

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

A fella I used to work with uses a tin opener on tins of coffee to make sure none of the granules get stuck on the lip of the tin. Must save him a quarter of a spoonful.

The same fella that berated somebody for throwing away one of his plastic spoons. "That's a good spoon that, lasted me years!" He also recycles his buttie bags and uses the same penny bag for a week.

He's also a snidey cunt who tries to get people sacked behind their backs.

Same sort of people that frequent carboot sales and try and knock you down on say a nice Polo Shirt at a mere 5 spot "mmmm give you £4.75 for it mate"!!

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

I'd vote for that and even push the boat out as far as suggesting traffic lights are turned off after 01.00, say, and allow people to use their judgement for negotiating junctions. Would that work?

I like that American rule that you can filter right on red if there's nothing coming

Oh yes it would work like a dream especially for the big HGV's and the money saved i mean them fella's (HGV's) can judge from yards away the safety of it all.... they can just cruise round and be gone, i mean the fuel consumption of stopping a fully loaded 18 wheeler and staring it again? CONSPIRACEY ALERT : Fuel companies won't like it!!!

Oh yes it would work like a dream especially for the big HGV's and the money saved i mean them fella's (HGV's) can judge from yards away the safety of it all.... they can just cruise round and be gone, i mean the fuel consumption of stopping a fully loaded 18 wheeler and staring it again? CONSPIRACEY ALERT : Fuel companies won't like it!!!

Cant work out if serious or not

People who think they're really clever by pointing out that none of the lyrics in Ironic by Alanis Morissette are actually ironic.

Have they ever stopped to think that's why it might be ironic?

Plus who gives a shit about what she sings about anyway, she's fucking shite.

• Upvote 1

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Yes am serious a typical HGV as you know has an elevated cab position giving in theory further field of view. He can see for miles (so to speak) if a car is coming as he approaches the end of the motorway.....if nothing there (and am talking early hours of the morning) then rather than just stop slow down but keep moving through red/switched off lights. Nobody gets hurt and the flow of traffic is uninterupted.

See it every day on my journey in........HGV's at a standstill at a red light waiting for.....nothing!

People who think they're really clever by pointing out that none of the lyrics in Ironic by Alanis Morissette are actually ironic.

Have they ever stopped to think that's why it might be ironic?

Plus who gives a shit about what she sings about anyway, she's fucking shite.

Do you not think she thinks they actually are ironic lyrics?

Do you not think she thinks they actually are ironic lyrics?

Here's what she had to say about it:-

"For me the great debate on whether what I was saying in 'Ironic' was ironic wasn't a traumatic debate. I'd always embraced the fact that every once in a while I'd be the malapropism queen. And when Glen and I were writing it, we definitely were not doggedly making sure that everything was technically ironic".[8]

When sky sports news comes back on after the adverts why is that shit jingle ten times louder than anything else

Because for some reason people can't have anything happening in the world these days without it having a fucking sound effect attached.  You can blame Microsoft for it; they started it with the Windows log-on chime.

My fucking telly (Samsung) plays a five note chime now when I turn it on.  Why?  I know it's about to come on because I just pressed the fucking button on the remote.

Mornings that transpire against you. Got up about twenty minutes earlier than normal after a rare decent nights kip. Shirt ironed , time to kill etc.

•ran out of cereal

•ran out of milk

•breads gone stale

•something wrong with the shower all of a sudden so the water trickles out without power, had been looking forward to a longer than usual shower since I got up

•get dressed and realise my shirt needs another going over (why do good shirts always do that?)

•switch Iron on, leave the room, come back in a minute later and start to iron my shirt and it burns a black mark onto it right away. My favourite shirt. The same shirt id ironed on the same setting half an hour previous. Id waited till the light went off and everything

•couldn't find my bank card

What next? Pissed right off. I was in such a good mood when I woke up now I just want a fight.

• Upvote 1

Here's what she had to say about it:-

"For me the great debate on whether what I was saying in 'Ironic' was ironic wasn't a traumatic debate. I'd always embraced the fact that every once in a while I'd be the malapropism queen. And when Glen and I were writing it, we definitely were not doggedly making sure that everything was technically ironic".[8]

Ironically she should have just said Mrs. Malaprop rather than the malapropism queen.
  • Upvote 1

People who decide they don't need to indicate at roundabouts other than to come off, no matter what crazy manoeuvre they intend to pull first.

If you're in the correct lane and are going straight over, by all means just indicate to come off.

If you're in the left hand lane and want to turn right, or worse do a full loop before coming off at the first exit, have the fuvking common decency to let any of the rest of us know what's going through your simple, underdeveloped mind.

People in Leeds are the worst I've encountered in the uk for this. Apart from London, obviously, where every single person just drives like a selfish cunt at all times, regardless.

• Upvote 3

When i turn my car engine on the display says " zoom zoom" Why? Whats the fucking point?

Because some 'creative consultant' knobheads got together with the Mazda boardroom and told their engineers to put that shit in their cars.

It has come to light it was the mortgage brokers fault for putting us forward for a mortgage that we had no chance of getting.

The new one we have been speaking to has found us a mortgage to suit our circumstances. So fingers crossed.

I'm waiting to hear back about my mortgage application at the moment too, chased them yesterday & apparently there's a massive backlog, it's fucking great eh.