You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jack Straw retires from parliament

Gnasher

Good. Everything that's wrong with modern day British politics can be found in this little weasel. From stonewalling the hillsbourgh investigation, taking us into illegal war in Iraq, stopping the aberfan trust from having the money taken from them by the govt over 40 years ago. That's three off the top of my head.

He's on my fucking tele now looking pleased with himself as if he's still got a Rupert Murdoch dildo shoved up his arse. Says he's going to write another book. We'll I'm putting myself forward as ghostwriter, I'm not the most of intelligent of fellas and I'm certainly no great scibe but i think I can manage this one, and here it is in full...

I Jack cuntybollocks Straw am an utter cunt. The end.

• Upvote 11

Good. Everything that's wrong with modern day British politics can be found in this little weasel. From stonewalling the hillsbourgh investigation, taking us into illegal war in Iraq, stopping the aberfan trust from having the money taken from them by the govt over 40 years ago. That's three off the top of my head.

He's on my fucking tele now looking pleased with himself as if he's still got a Rupert Murdoch dildo shoved up his arse. Says he's going to write another book. We'll I'm putting myself forward as ghostwriter, I'm not the most of intelligent of fellas and I'm certainly no great scibe but i think I can manage this one, and here it is in full...

Fuckin' A. The man's an utter disgrace; the epitome of all that's wrong with main stream politics: a self-serving, cynical cunt with an utterly fluid values system.

• Upvote 4

I most remember the draconian anti-terror legislation, letting Pinochet escape justice and an extraordinary episode of the Mark Thomas Comedy Product where Straw shops medical marijuana users to the police when they skin up in front of him.

• Upvote 1

You didn't agree with liberating and bringing democracy to Iraq?

• Upvote 1

A vindictive shit, too.  Don't buy any of his cobblers about how he "loves" Blackburn.

When Condoleeza Rice visited Blackburn, Straw (to show off his oh-so-liberal multicultural credentials) arranged with the men of the main mosque for him and Rice to visit.  The women of the mosque said "fuck the fuck off, that fucking murdering harridan is fucking drenched in Muslim fucking blood and she's fucking coming nowhere near my fucking mosque".  (Or something like that.  Possibly with fewer g's at the end of the gerunds - they are from Blackburn, after all.)

The protests in Blackburn and Liverpool were hugely embarrassing, Rice was privately furious and Straw was promptly "reshuffled".

So far, so hilarious.

It wasn't too long after that that he decided to go public with his views on Muslim women in Blackburn who choose to wear a niqab or a burkha. One way of looking at this was that a middle-aged man in a position of power was suggesting that women who come to him to ask for his help with some problem or other might be more successful if they were to dress beneath their own personal standard of modesty.  Classy.  But, as Jack doubtless knew, what happened instead was the media had a field day, because a prominent politician had "opened the debate" and given them licence for a spot of Muzzie-bashing.  Predictably enough, this led to an increase in incidents of Muslim women being  verbally abused and (in at least one case, in Huyton) being assaulted.

If Jack Straw had done nothing else despicable in his career, this would be enough for me to shout "Good riddance, you fucking cunt".

• Upvote 2

I once met him. I was heading down to the Reading Festival aged 17 back in 1995, had long hair down to my stomach, and the train from Preston was absolutely mobbed, forcing me to sit on the floor along with most other people in the carriageway as I was too pissed to stand. About an hour in, someone stood on my hand, I turned round and it was Jack Straw. "Sorry, love", he said, as he ambled off regardless. I also had a shit goatee beard, so all in all it was a bit weird that he called me "love". And a bit ungrateful. "That's the last Straw", I thought, so I drank some Hooch and did some poppers to get over it. Like a lady. '95, lads; crazy days.

(This reads like that knobhead from f**tb*ll365 who tries to write about f***ball whilst referencing the rock scene in the '70s and how he shagged some bird named Susie who turned out to be a man which was disappointing and in a way ties in with the burgeoning failure of a struggling manager. For that, I apologise.)

• Upvote 1

I once met him. I was heading down to the Reading Festival aged 17 back in 1995, had long hair down to my stomach, and the train from Preston was absolutely mobbed, forcing me to sit on the floor along with most other people in the carriageway as I was too pissed to stand. About an hour in, someone stood on my hand, I turned round and it was Jack Straw. "Sorry, love", he said, as he ambled off regardless. I also had a shit goatee beard, so all in all it was a bit weird that he called me "love". And a bit ungrateful. "That's the last Straw", I thought, so I drank some Hooch and did some poppers to get over it. Like a lady. '95, lads; crazy days.

(This reads like that knobhead from f**tb*ll365 who tries to write about f***ball whilst referencing the rock scene in the '70s and how he shagged some bird named Susie who turned out to be a man which was disappointing and in a way ties in with the burgeoning failure of a struggling manager. For that, I apologise.)

He is from Blackburn, he is used to the women around there having a beard.