You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest atk

This year's World Series will be contested by the 2 wild cards, Kansas City Royals and San Francisco Giants. Kansas have come into form at just the right time and the Giants have also built up momentum. They also have experience having won the World Series a couple of years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

This year's World Series will be contested by the 2 wild cards, Kansas City Royals and San Francisco Giants. Kansas have come into form at just the right time and the Giants have also built up momentum. They also have experience having won the World Series a couple of years ago.

Looking good for the Giants, I'm happy to say.

What's happened to the TLW baseball fans this year, though?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Decided i want to give the MLB and NHL a proper chance this year(i know im late)

Watched the 30 for 30 about the Red Soxs and Yankees series again a few weeks back,loved it.

Not sure on a team yet,suggestions would be good.

The Royals are tempting for the old Bo Jackson links alone.

I remember the being a big thing for about a year as a kid about the Japanese baseball stars,many in the league these days.

From my little understanding the roster turnover is pretty big?

Any interesting young teams teams around?

Are the online gamepass packages worthwhile?

Any sites good for a idiots guide?

Decided i want to give the MLB and NHL a proper chance this year(i know im late)

Watched the 30 for 30 about the Red Soxs and Yankees series again a few weeks back,loved it.

Not sure on a team yet,suggestions would be good.

The Royals are tempting for the old Bo Jackson links alone.

I remember the being a big thing for about a year as a kid about the Japanese baseball stars,many in the league these days.

From my little understanding the roster turnover is pretty big?

Any interesting young teams teams around?

Are the online gamepass packages worthwhile?

Any sites good for a idiots guide?

I have MLB.TV premium, and it's well worth the money paid. It's currently available for $114.99 for the remainder of the season (reduced from the regular full season price of $129.99 - I expect that this will be further reduced as the season progresses, as they normally do). The service is available on a multitude of devices.

In the UK we don't have to concern ourselves with the blackout restrictions, so you get the opportunity to watch every game of the team you follow, so that's 162 regular season games for $129.99. If you are unable to watch the game live, then you have access to every game via the archive. (I can't recall the retention period for the archive).

MLB.tv is shit hot but there'll be tax on top of the price now because of an EU ruling. As for teams, you can't pick Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals or the Giants now, unless you want to look like a massive bandwagon jumper. Dodgers would be out for me too as their clobber is fashion-friendly too, plus they're on the West Coast. Royals are a good shout, plus I'd look at the Nationals, Orioles, Tigers and Pirates.

• Upvote 1

Thanks ill have a look.

What's the normal length of a game?

Do they do extended highlights on there

Games are normally around 2.5-3 hours. They don't do extended highlights as such. The archive service allows you to jump around the game as you see fit, so you're effectively able to create your own extended highlights, if you will.

Alternatives to the Royals, for me, would be the Cubs and Rays. The Orioles and Pirates are good shouts too.

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Not too long then,i thought it would be longer. Just reading a article on some of the most exciting teams going into this year and both Chicago sides are there as were the Royals. Not many home runs but loads of stolen bases. Sounds good,no team in New Orleans so Kansas sound good.