Quantcast
The MLB Thread - Page 49 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Spring training fast approaching. Getting a little excited now.

Anyone running a fantasy league, or would people be interested in participating in one, if one were created?

Anyone running a fantasy league, or would people be interested in participating in one, if one were created?

I'd be up for one. Presume we would need to use a site with something already set up to handle drafts and waivers etc. 

I'd be up for one. Presume we would need to use a site with something already set up to handle drafts and waivers etc. 

I've never participated in a Fantasy League outside the very simple one that used to be up on Facebook.

I'd be happy to set something up on the Yahoo! Fantasy site, unless someone knows of a better free to play site?

I'll be renewing my MLB.tv subs soon as well, ready for the Spring Training games.

Not interested in fantasy baseball as it requires far more effort than the NFL version. Not even that interested in Spring Training either, outside of watching some of the better Sox prospects. Just get to April already.

Ideally it would be better to join an existing league, with someone who knows how to run it. As you say, there is far more effort required in Fantasy Baseball than any other fantasy sport.

Caught a bit of the Red Sox game on Wednesday, Lackey looks like he's lost a lot of timber from the last time I seen him, and is pitching better for it.

He showed up for Spring Training last season in great shape and he was excellent last season. His record last year didn't reflect his performance as the team kept having abnormal RISP results in his games. His sabremetric stats were a great improvement though. His performance is game 6 of the World Series was also tremendous.

Anyone on here now how easy it is to get hold of Red Sox tickets? My mate is getting married in the States next month, so we're doing a little mini tour of the north east and it turns out the Red Sox have three home games in three days while we're in Boston. Is it worth getting them well in advance, or can you just pick them up a day or two before the game? Or even pay on the gate?

They're facing Cleveland Indians on all three days.

Nice one, mate. I obviously know there'd be no chance of a ticket if they were playing the Yankees, but I have no idea who else would be classed as a 'big game' for them as I don't follow baseball.

Anyone on here now how easy it is to get hold of Red Sox tickets? My mate is getting married in the States next month, so we're doing a little mini tour of the north east and it turns out the Red Sox have three home games in three days while we're in Boston. Is it worth getting them well in advance, or can you just pick them up a day or two before the game? Or even pay on the gate?

http://mlb.mlb.com/ticketing/singlegame.jsp?c_id=bos

Tickets still available throughout June :)

I've had enough of this season already. I know it's churlish to complain about a team that's the champions but egad, they're awful this year. Can't hit, can't pitch and can't field.

• Upvote 1

I've had enough of this season already. I know it's churlish to complain about a team that's the champions but egad, they're awful this year. Can't hit, can't pitch and can't field.

Still hungover it seems. Or have the friend chicken brigade infiltrated the dressing room again?

No and no. It's everything at the moment.

In fact, one of the main culprits of the 2011 collapse, Josh Beckett, threw a no-hitter yesterday because of course he did.

Yeah, but look who he threw it against...