You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest atk

It's really quite unbelievable, the number of parallels between the Red Sox and FSG's other great sporting concern. The weird thing is, FSG with the Red Sox have made very similar financial blunders to those made by the Hicks & Gillette regime over here. At the moment it just looks as though neither organisation has the correct people in all the important positions just yet.

Back to back (consecutive pitches) home runs for the Braves' date=' don't see that too often. Series ends tied at 2-2.[/quote']

Got the game recorded from last night. Had a feeling we'd get the better of The Freak, despite his recent upturn in form.

JHey is seeing the ball well at the moment and is really becoming the main man for this Bravos side.

3 game series in San Diego next up for the Braves.

• 1 month later...
Guest ShoePiss

A's divison champs, it's a brilliant achievement for them. Bay area rivals or not I preferred them over the Rangers any day, good for them.

Guest ShoePiss

Ha, didn't know that about that little snippet.

Really looking forward to these one off wild card games on Friday. Should be interesting no matter who ends up there. The Giants start their play off game on Saturday (also my wife's birthday so it's going to be hard watching ffs) but I can't wait for these games

Really like the Giants and their park is an outstanding place.

If the Red Sox can pull their fingers out of their collective asses and beat the Yankees tonight, and the Orioles beat the Rays, we'll have an AL East playoff before the wildcard playoff. All sorts of exciting.

Red Sox ended the season by getting drubbed 14-2 by the Yankees, to finish bottom of the AL East. Over the 162-game season, they won only 69 and lost 93 (.426 win percentage) - their worst season in almost 50 years.

I can't see Bobby Valentine being retained for next year, and I don't know enough about other coaches to suggest who might be considered as a replacement. What is certain is that change is needed. I'm sure I've mentioned it in this thread before, but FSG getting rid of Terry Francona and hiring Valentine has remarkable parallels with what happened at our f******l club back in summer 2010. The desperation to get rid of somebody because of supposed aggro behind the scenes was so great that any replacement would be deemed to be better simply because he wasn't 'that guy'. It didn't work then and it hasn't worked now.

Load of shit. No one outside of Lucchino's office thought Valentine was better than Tito. The September collapse was just so unprecedented that unprecedented behaviour followed. Tito would've stayed but with Epstein going and the front office wanting to blame someone they figured it easier to fire the manager than get rid of a load of players, in the end they did both. They won't be listening to Lucchino this time, it'll be Cherington's decision and he'll live or die by it. The players still like and respect Tito, all of this mess with Valentine is on Lucchino throwing his weight around.

Needed to be done. I've read that Tito is talking to the Cleveland Indians about taking over there, and in any case it's unlikely that he'd accept any overtures from FSG to return to the Red Sox given how he was treated towards the end of 2011. Be that as it may, who are the candidates likely to be up for consideration, and are they any good? Would FSG go down the same route as they have here by selecting a younger, hungry up-and-comer?

Guest ShoePiss

Think I'd like the Braves to win this, I don't have anything against the Cards but I do have a mate that is a Braves fan. Crowd sounds really loud there too.

As for the second wild card, fuck the Rangers.

2 more throwing errors by the Braves in the top of the 7th has now handed the Cardinals a 5-2 lead. Best defensive team in the NL this season have given up 3 errors tonight, and it looks like it'll cost the Braves.

The game is in the hands of the bullpens now.