You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NBA 2014 Thread

Lee909

Clarkson made the all-rookie team. Take that Elfrid...

Draft lottery tomorrow night. If we lose the pick I might give up on sports altogether...

Lakers should trade their pick to the Knicks for Carmelo Anthony. Sign Deandre Jordan or Tyson Chandler in free agency. Then get Tom Thibodeau in as coach when he gets sacked by the Bulls. Give Kobe half a chance at competing in his last season.

Payton actually made all rookie as well, Smart and Parker missed out.

All depends on the position of the pick. Towns is a great prospect if we get lucky and you aren't getting better than Winslow at 5. Just got to keep it as lower than that and it goes to Philly.

All about getting a base to attract Durant over next summer. 

Payton actually made all rookie as well, Smart and Parker missed out.

All depends on the position of the pick. Towns is a great prospect if we get lucky and you aren't getting better than Winslow at 5. Just got to keep it as lower than that and it goes to Philly.

All about getting a base to attract Durant over next summer.

Durant isn't going to the Lakers.

Westbrook the year after maybe.

Depends on the team we have at that point, it would require the 2015 pick and Randle settling into the league quickly and showing they can contribute early, but it's possible. Would not be surprised to see him leave OKC for a setup with deeper pockets.

Depends on the team we have at that point, it would require the 2015 pick and Randle settling into the league quickly and showing they can contribute early, but it's possible. Would not be surprised to see him leave OKC for a setup with deeper pockets.

He'd only leave to go somewhere to win.  Lakers are miles away at the moment so no hope.

You've got to have a better team than one with Westbrook and Ibaka, plus the 3 or 4 other decent players OKC have got.  It's not happening for the Lakers after next season no way.

However if Durant leaves OKC to go elsewhere, say home to DC to play with Wall and Beal, then it makes it a trillion times more likely Westbrook will leave the following year.  The Lakers should be then in a better position for that possibility, plus Westbrook is from LA.

I agree that westbrook is far more likely, I just think that we have a very good - and cheap - young core in place that will allow us to be a major player in FA over the next few years. It's a big if, but if Randle and Towns/Okafor (now we know we have #2) work well together, we can make the playoffs, which in the west would be huge for such a young group.

• 8 months later...

Jordan, Bill Russell, Kareem, and Magic are all untouchable, you are right. Beyond that, I think this Golden State team is good enough that he may have 4-5 rings by the end of his career if everything goes right.

In that case, he'll rival Duncan, Bird, and Kobe/Lebron for that 5th spot.

It was an exaggeration on my part based on his form the last year and a half, and realistically there are so many greats that for many, it is hard to imagine him even cracking the top 15, but I have never seen a player like him. He is unique 

As i said i have barely watch a game in a few years. I need to start watching again but the Lakers start times are terrible for UK fans. I have seen ugly for the Lakers before(Van Exel,Eddie Jones and Divac era but this,this is bloody terrible.

Possibly unpopular opinion: Stephen Curry will be viewed as a top 5 player of all time when he retires.

He is the most technically gifted basketball player iv'e ever seen as far as shooting and handles are concerned. No one can touch him.

Not unpopular, everyone loves Steph.

As i said i have barely watch a game in a few years. I need to start watching again but the Lakers start times are terrible for UK fans. I have seen ugly for the Lakers before(Van Exel,Eddie Jones and Divac era but this,this is bloody terrible.

Unless you're a massive Kobe fan and want to watch his retirement tour, they definitely aren't worth watching at the moment. Byron Scott is basically marginalizing DeAngelo Russell and Randle to give more shine to Kobe. It's frustrating to watch if you are banking on the Lakers future.

It will be interesting what they do after Kobe retires. It's either they go after a marquee free agent like Durant, Demar Derozan etc.. or they tank and stockpile picks.

They may be tempted to sign someone big to make up for Kobe's loss. L.A have never not had a big star name for long.

I think they try to go big but will likely be turned down and over pay for tier 2 stars. They really need to tank this year as any pick outdide the top 3 is lost to Philli (i think). It will be s interesting summer and i wonder if Scott is gone. Sidelining the future when you need them next year isn't going to go down well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...