You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Every organisation should be following One FC's weight rules. After one death they rewrote the rules.

All fighters had hydration tests and it determined a safe weight for them. No way of cheating when they are testing like that. Won't happen in the US where extreme amateur wrestling weight cuts are thought to be a mental test

what did One Fc do exactly?

I knew a guy died alright, but i didnt know they did something, that'd be interesting to read

Every organisation should be following One FC's weight rules. After one death they rewrote the rules.

All fighters had hydration tests and it determined a safe weight for them. No way of cheating when they are testing like that. Won't happen in the US where extreme amateur wrestling weight cuts are thought to be a mental test

Seems like this is the right way to go.

Unfortunately I think it will take the death of a UFC fighter before this is implemented. Nurgamedov was very close to being that guy and UFC still did fuck all, which will make it even sadder when it does happen.

I'm not that sure it would solve the weight cutting problem, but 165 would be an incredible division.

It would help as some fighters are caught in no man's land but the OneFC rules should be made mandatory, the same for boxing as well.

Yeah the OneFC rules would definitely have more of an impact imo. I just wanna see 165 because I think it would be the best division in the sport. Absolutely perfect for Khabib, Conor, Ferguson and Lee.

More belts would create more big fights aswell, no brainer really.

https://streamable.com/nfiam

Someone is gonna die off a weight cut at some point. Ridiculous amounts being attempted in a short space of time. Cant believe he lasted 5 rounds the way he loooks there

Surely they could have shaved all the lady's hair off, pulled his nails and teeth out and maybe snip off a toe or two?

Anyone listened GSP on Rogans podcast? Further enhances him as my favourite ever fighter, not so much style wise but personality wise he's a great guy and funny too.

Same here mate love the fella. Spending his doe traveling around studying palaentology. Who'd have thought that !

Romero missed weight the blert. Should be an instant 6 month ban

It's getting ridiculous now. They need to create some new weight divisions as most of these fighters are far too big for the divisions they are in.

Really looking forward to RDA beat Covington.

Really hope so, can't stand the prick.

And if not I hope Darren Till caves his face in instead.

I don't think anythings going to change with these overweight fighters until their opponents start fucking the fights off. As long as they're still willing to go ahead with it then nobody is arsed they all still make their money. It'll probably put them in Danas bad books though so they're scared of how it'll affect their futures.