You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Well that card didnt really live up to expectations.

None of the fights barring the Varner-Trujillo and the main event really caught fire.

Overeem should have stopped Mir early but i suppose after the recent gassing issues he knew a win was more important than taking the risk.

The Bagautinov and Lineker fight was the biggest disapoinment for me though,i  know Ali was the favourite but i fancied Lineker to find a way to land and take over and he started that in the second round but was too easy to take down not that Bagautinov did anything with the takedowns especially in the first round when Lineker did more off his back but rarely do you win that way.

Well that card didnt really live up to expectations.

None of the fights barring the Varner-Trujillo and the main event really caught fire.

Overeem should have stopped Mir early but i suppose after the recent gassing issues he knew a win was more important than taking the risk.

The Bagautinov and Lineker fight was the biggest disapoinment for me though,i know Ali was the favourite but i fancied Lineker to find a way to land and take over and he started that in the second round but was too easy to take down not that Bagautinov did anything with the takedowns especially in the first round when Lineker did more off his back but rarely do you win that way.

Completely agree kal. And that Faber fight got Stoppard shirt imo

Completely agree kal. And that Faber fight got Stoppard shirt imo

Between the latest GSP,Jones and Henderson decisions,and then this stoppage, they could really do with a main event where the right person wins. I picked against Faber, but the finish still leaves a feeling of unfinished business. I can see the arguments with all the other decisions, but it still grates,especially the Hendricks one.

The rest of the card was pretty tame,you're right. When/what's the next one?

A poor stoppage I agrer from Herb.Strange as he is probably the best in the business imo.

I see why he stopped it but Faber is a tough bastard and has been through worse.

Up next

Feb 15th Fight Night 36.

Machida vs Mousasi

Jacare vs Francis Carmont

Erick Silva vs Tokanori Sato

Feb 22nd UFC 170

Rousey vs McMann

Rashard Evans vs Dan Cormier

Rory McDonald vs Damian Maia

Rustam Khabilov vs Rafael dos Anjos

March 8th Fight Night 37

A Gustafsson vs Jimmy Manuwa

Michael Johnson vs Melvin Guillard

Brad Pickett vs Ian McCall

A poor stoppage I agrer from Herb.Strange as he is probably the best in the business imo.

I see why he stopped it but Faber is a tough bastard and has been through worse.

Up next

Feb 15th Fight Night 36.

Machida vs Mousasi

Jacare vs Francis Carmont

Erick Silva vs Tokanori Sato

Feb 22nd UFC 170

Rousey vs McMann

Rashard Evans vs Dan Cormier

Rory McDonald vs Damian Maia

Rustam Khabilov vs Rafael dos Anjos

March 8th Fight Night 37

A Gustafsson vs Jimmy Manuwa

Michael Johnson vs Melvin Guillard

Brad Pickett vs Ian McCall

Is March 8th in the UK?

Mental news

Report: UFC veteran Thiago Silva apprehended by Florida Police

According to multiple reports, Thiago Silva has been apprehended by Florida police following an altercation at a Ft. Lauderdale jiu-jitsu school and a subsequent standoff at the UFC light heavyweight’s residence.

MMAjunkie learned of the incident from a source close to the fighter. However, the source spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to divulge the details of the ongoing situation.

Silva was reportedly involved in a dispute at Pablo Popovitch Mixed Martial Arts Academy earlier in the evening, which Florida’s Local10.com identified only by address. Silva reportedly threatened people inside the school, and the Brazilian slugger was apparently armed at the time of the incident.

Silva then reportedly left the scene and retreated to his residence at Coral Heights Court in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., where he barricaded himself inside before ultimately surrendering to Broward County Sheriff’s Office’s authorities, which included a S.W.A.T. team that was called to the scene. There were no injuries reported at either Popovitch’s academy or Silva’s residence.

A records search of the address the suspect barricaded himself at comes up as the business address of Silva and his wife, Thaysa, who trains under Popovitch.

NBC 6 News anchor Adam Kuperstein tweeted details of the incident as they unfolded.

UFC officials were not immediately available for comment but later issues a statement to MMAjunkie.

“This evening, we were made aware of a situation involving Thiago Silva,” the statement read. “We are in the process of gathering the facts and have no further comment at this time.”

Silva, who currently boasts a two-fight winning streak, is expected to make his next octagon appearance at next month’s UFC 171 event in Dallas, where he is scheduled to face Ovince St. Preux.

Mental news

Report: UFC veteran Thiago Silva apprehended by Florida Police

According to multiple reports, Thiago Silva has been apprehended by Florida police following an altercation at a Ft. Lauderdale jiu-jitsu school and a subsequent standoff at the UFC light heavyweight’s residence.

MMAjunkie learned of the incident from a source close to the fighter. However, the source spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to divulge the details of the ongoing situation.

Silva was reportedly involved in a dispute at Pablo Popovitch Mixed Martial Arts Academy earlier in the evening, which Florida’s Local10.com identified only by address. Silva reportedly threatened people inside the school, and the Brazilian slugger was apparently armed at the time of the incident.

Silva then reportedly left the scene and retreated to his residence at Coral Heights Court in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., where he barricaded himself inside before ultimately surrendering to Broward County Sheriff’s Office’s authorities, which included a S.W.A.T. team that was called to the scene. There were no injuries reported at either Popovitch’s academy or Silva’s residence.

A records search of the address the suspect barricaded himself at comes up as the business address of Silva and his wife, Thaysa, who trains under Popovitch.

NBC 6 News anchor Adam Kuperstein tweeted details of the incident as they unfolded.

UFC officials were not immediately available for comment but later issues a statement to MMAjunkie.

“This evening, we were made aware of a situation involving Thiago Silva,” the statement read. “We are in the process of gathering the facts and have no further comment at this time.”

Silva, who currently boasts a two-fight winning streak, is expected to make his next octagon appearance at next month’s UFC 171 event in Dallas, where he is scheduled to face Ovince St. Preux.

...and he's been released. The full wrap sheet has him putting a gun in his wife's mouth and saying he was going to kill her, amongst other things.

Dana is giving him the full Paul Daley treatment (rightly,in my view).

I'm surprised he held on to his job this long with his history of missing weight and pissing hot,to be honest.

...and he's been released. The full wrap sheet has him putting a gun in his wife's mouth and saying he was going to kill her, amongst other things.

Dana is giving him the full Paul Daley treatment (rightly,in my view).

I'm surprised he held on to his job this long with his history of missing weight and pissing hot,to be honest.

He always liked like a fucking scumbag. So no surprise there really.

Good riddance

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm not arsed about for the Vera thing,Randy did the same with Tito.

He was a good fighter to watch and in that sense its a shame but even taking into account his shitty upbringing he seems a massive twat and the UFC have done right in dumping him asap.

I'm not arsed about for the Vera thing,Randy did the same with Tito.

He was a good fighter to watch and in that sense its a shame but even taking into account his shitty upbringing he seems a massive twat and the UFC have done right in dumping him asap.

I don't mind the mocking, it's a combat sport at the end of the day and if you're fighting someone you're not in there to make them good. But in light of his PED failure in the immediate aftermath that doesn't sit right with me.

• 4 weeks later...

bump

Cheers kal. I've got a few boys coming round to watch this tonight. They're not religiously into this like me but will watch the odd ppv when I have it on! Hope fully it's a good card all round. Been asking fir a decent main even for a while in the UK. The last one in Manchester was awful.

This is the way it is going.

Smaller regional cards will be covered domestically,it too much travel for Rogan and company too keep travelling.

There will be more cards of this size now with most being on fight pass long term

This is the way it is going.

Smaller regional cards will be covered domestically,it too much travel for Rogan and company too keep travelling.

There will be more cards of this size now with most being on fight pass long term

Not even Bruce buffer! I know we're here for the fighting but. The ufc is also the attraction