You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Just watched the fight again; McGregor doesn't even look that gassed when Diaz first rocks him. And, despite the cut, at no point is Diaz actually in trouble. In fact it's quite an easy fight for him, and I'm not sure he even loses the first round

Still looking forward to the rematch, mind, even if I don't see it turning out any differently. Buildup should be pretty, fun, too.

Just watched the fight again; McGregor doesn't even look that gassed when Diaz first rocks him. And, despite the cut, at no point is Diaz actually in trouble. In fact it's quite an easy fight for him, and I'm not sure he even loses the first round

Still looking forward to the rematch, mind, even if I don't see it turning out any differently. Buildup should be pretty, fun, too.

McGregor did an Amir Khan. He got tagged and instead of taking a moment to get his shit together, it was like a red rag to a bull and it went downhill from there. I am not sure I can see how he wins the rematch unless he just tries to go the difference. I admire his attitude though and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a plan.

McGregor did an Amir Khan. He got tagged and instead of taking a moment to get his shit together, it was like a red rag to a bull and it went downhill from there. I am not sure I can see how he wins the rematch unless he just tries to go the difference. I admire his attitude though and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a plan.

Not sure about that, once he gets caught he backs off for a good 60 seconds or so, in which he partially recovers, before starting to come forward again.

And assume you mean distance? Yeah that's the only way I see him winning, too, but I think he'd have to avoid getting caught or taken down for pretty much the entire fight which I just can't see happening. But yeah can't fault the lad's attitude.

Lewis v Gonzaga was hilarous. "I'm not afraid of his power." Yea OK mate, that's why you spent every second trying to hold him in a clinch and at the very first stand up got sparked out.

Still, Lewis v Nelson may be interesting. Hard to judge when the lower ranks are fighting but 6 knockouts in the UFC out of 8 fights means he has potential to cause upset.