You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Can't believe McGregor is fighting Diaz at 170 again, thought it would have been at 155. Surely he must realise Diaz will be better off a full camp

Seems a stupid decision, I hope its not his ego just chasing to have so sort of justice or reprieve from the loss. That said, you'd like to think he knows better than us what he's capable of and how he can take the lessons of the first defeat and build on it.

Lets be honest he was winning that fight till Nate caught him with a cross. The shot and choke were due ti him out on his feet. It will be a good fight again. Though he should be fighting Frankie

I'd agree with that , think it's been overstated (the manner of the loss) because he lost but he busted Nate up in the 1st

Lets be honest he was winning that fight till Nate caught him with a cross. The shot and choke were due ti him out on his feet. It will be a good fight again. Though he should be fighting Frankie

While I agree, it doesn't matter a jot that he was 'winning' as Nate took the punishment in his stride. McGregor needs to either fight smarter and show he could go the distance, or show he could finish him. He didn't show that he could potentially do either in that fight IMO. Still a massive fan, just not hugely confident at a rematch at 170 after seeing the first one.

There is a good chance they are for the US PPV events. You can buy the events for £13 on fight pass now and the BT deal is up in the summer. They'll trial run it at least. I know they have done some deal with the BBC so dont be suprised if it PPV live and the main card on BBC a week or so later.

There is a good chance they are for the US PPV events. You can buy the events for £13 on fight pass now and the BT deal is up in the summer. They'll trial run it at least. I know they have done some deal with the BBC so dont be suprised if it PPV live and the main card on BBC a week or so later.

That will pretty much end my contract with BT then, one of the only reason I keep it for the UFC.

That will pretty much end my contract with BT then, one of the only reason I keep it for the UFC.

Yeah, me too. Might finish me as an active UFC fan too, because I won't be paying for PPV and watching it on a week's delay will take much of the fun away.

Dont think its BT thats the issue. The UFC have been trying to bring everything in house since they brought out fightpass. WWE is doing similar from what i can see. Why share the profits of PPV with a tv chanel when you can do it yourself and see all the money. PPV been coming a long time and to be honest its far better value than £15 for Joshua vs Martin

Dont think its BT thats the issue. The UFC have been trying to bring everything in house since they brought out fightpass. WWE is doing similar from what i can see. Why share the profits of PPV with a tv chanel when you can do it yourself and see all the money. PPV been coming a long time and to be honest its far better value than £15 for Joshua vs Martin

That's not saying much though is it? Paying £15 to watch a sporting event on your own TV is ludicrous IMO. 

I pay 24a month for BT which I get 1-2 fight nights and 1 PPV per month including 1 prem game every weekend and our European games.

Obviously there is more on there but that's what I pay and use it for. To take out of the UFC and just leave the unmentionable it's too much to pay.

The consumer gets fucked again

You dont get the fight night cards live anymore. They are now mostly through fight pass and delayed coverage on BT. The deal is up this summer,i dont want to pay PPV prices either but its been coming for a while. Im dumping virgin personally and keeping my stream site for the round ball game and i have been paying for kickboxing and muay thai streams for ages. I get boxnation online and fightpass online.

The only way your avoiding ppv for all sports soon is streams. It wont be long before the premier league consider fucking sky off for a online service with season passes for you to watch your team or all games. They pocket more domestically than they do know

I've only just signed up for BT Sport in order to allow for me to record the UFC and watch the next morning. Didn't realise the deal was close to ending ffs!!

I'll be cancelling BT when my contract ends and I definitely won't be paying for a fightnight pass.

Fight pass is excellent(i sound like a fucking salesman) but honestly if you like watching fights its well worth the money. The show the fight night and main event prelims on there. All the old events,Pride, Strikeforce,WEC. Loads of smaller non UFC events and now showing the Eddie Bravo invitational is you like grappling snd the Glory Kickboxing undercards (world fight series) and talks they are getting hold of the old K-1 library soon too

Having told everyone the sky is falling I've since found an Independent article from last month that says the BT deal ends at the end of July, and UFC 200 will be showing on it.

That said, there always seems to be a lot of misinformation around these TV deals, and what you think you're getting changes by the end of them anyway, like Bisping vs Silva last month. So I wouldn't put the house on it.