You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

33 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The Diaz - Lawler fight was weird

I know Nick hasn't fought in years but to see him blowing out his arse at the end of the first and to seeming just quit was strange. 

Yeah it was odd. He was boxing well but it all looked in slow motion and without any pop. Should have stayed retired.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah it was odd. He was boxing well but it all looked in slow motion and without any pop. Should have stayed retired.

Yeah, for a man that supposed to be doing triathlons he didn't look in shape. Can see why he wanted the fight at 185. 

As you say he box well and at times looked like he would wether the storm and beat Lawler later but he had no gear to move into. By the sounds of the pre fight interviews just souns like a money grab, dont blame him for that, especially with so much of his prime years stolen by the commissions

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah, for a man that supposed to be doing triathlons he didn't look in shape. Can see why he wanted the fight at 185. 

As you say he box well and at times looked like he would wether the storm and beat Lawler later but he had no gear to move into. By the sounds of the pre fight interviews just souns like a money grab, dont blame him for that, especially with so much of his prime years stolen by the commissions

He definitely didn't look like he'd done a triathlon for a while. Never been that fussed on the Diaz brothers to be honest, they have a bizarre cult following.

• 1 month later...
On 07/11/2021 at 13:00, Welsh said:

Man that card was so good last night!! 

Gaethje really is one of my all time favourites. I got into the UFC watching the likes of Liddell, Franklin, Rampage, Henderson etc and Gaethje fights like those guys so much. Just pure carnage!!

That Gaethje v Chandler fight was brilliant. Both always end up in wars, Chandler is like Ted Cheeseman in the getting punched in the face repeatedly stakes.

Thought Colby did well against Usman but didn't have the power to cause him any major problems. Usman is going take some beating though, Chimaev is the only real contender for me if he lives up to his hype.

4 minutes ago, Boss said:

That bit where Chandler put his hands down and walked forward, inviting Gaethje to tee off on him was probably the craziest thing I've seen a fighter do in a fight. He didn't give a fuck. The leg kicks from Gaethje were outrageous. 

He's not going to be fighting much longer if he keeps doing daft shit like that. I like Chandler but if he doesn't get you out of there early, he struggles as we've seen in his 3 UFC fights. 

Shows how good Khabib was though, made some very good fighters look like amateurs in this division.

15 minutes ago, Elite said:

He's not going to be fighting much longer if he keeps doing daft shit like that. I like Chandler but if he doesn't get you out of there early, he struggles as we've seen in his 3 UFC fights. 

Shows how good Khabib was though, made some very good fighters look like amateurs in this division.

Yeah, Khabib was unreal. That Sambo/freestyle wrestling from Eastern Europe is near unbeatable as Islam and Khamzat are showing.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

That Gaethje v Chandler fight was brilliant. Both always end up in wars, Chandler is like Ted Cheeseman in the getting punched in the face repeatedly stakes.

Thought Colby did well against Usman but didn't have the power to cause him any major problems. Usman is going take some beating though, Chimaev is the only real contender for me if he lives up to his hype.

Chimaev doesn't come close to Usman for me.

Usman is far too big and strong for Chimaev and I don't even think Chimaev beats any of the current top 5 (i'd even push that to the top 7 with Chiesa and Masvidal as well)

12 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Chimaev doesn't come close to Usman for me.

Usman is far too big and strong for Chimaev and I don't even think Chimaev beats any of the current top 5 (i'd even push that to the top 7 with Chiesa and Masvidal as well)

Really?

I think he's a genuine contender and is a big welterweight as he can fight at MW as well. Still has plenty to prove though but the potential is massive.

I think Poirier beats Oliveira which sets up Gaethje v Poirier 2! 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Welsh said:

So good by Oliveira, he is one scary opponent if you can't knock him out. Massive respect for Pena too! What an upset that was against Nunes

Surprised to see her quit like that.

Cody needs to call it a day, his chin is totally cracked now.

Yeah, Nunes definitely wasn't in the right frame of mind. I really like Nunes, differences between her and Rousey as actual people is crazy. I despise Rousey whereas I want Nunes to come back and win it again.

Cody is beyond embarrassing now. Can you imagine him against Fig and Moreno? He is nowhere near that level anymore.

6 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Yeah, Nunes definitely wasn't in the right frame of mind. I really like Nunes, differences between her and Rousey as actual people is crazy. I despise Rousey whereas I want Nunes to come back and win it again.

Cody is beyond embarrassing now. Can you imagine him against Fig and Moreno? He is nowhere near that level anymore.

I think moving down in weight was a last chance saloon for him but cutting extra much weight with an already fragile chin never works out.

53 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Cody got absolutely sparked. 

O’Malley still hasn’t fought a decent ranked fighter

Penn was excellent and loved her Diaz reference. 

oliveria is gonna be champ for a while. 

card was decent tbf

He's being massively protected after that Chito Vera loss. His schtick is going to get really tiresome unless he starts to get some decent wins.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

He's being massively protected after that Chito Vera loss. His schtick is going to get really tiresome unless he starts to get some decent wins.

No doubt he is talented and Dana needs another McGregor PPV fighter but with the star you still need to have some title fights and the only way his going to raise exposure is by fighting some ranked opponents. 

30 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

No doubt he is talented and Dana needs another McGregor PPV fighter but with the star you still need to have some title fights and the only way his going to raise exposure is by fighting some ranked opponents. 

I read a few UFC forums and there's literally no threads about his performance last night, he's not even a footnote today as people know he's fighting cans.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...