You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

One think you can't talk shit about Conor is his reaction to losing. No real excuse. 

Wonder if we see him again, seems in a weird heads space in presser. Reckon we will but it might just be a money fight with Diaz or back to boxing with Pacquiao, though I think the money in that fight will be badly hurt after this 

Yeah he'll still be a big draw but his reputation to the casuals will be even more diminished now. He's got one win in about 4 years, crazy that he's still this big anyway to me.

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

For me

Hooker vs Ferguson

Conor vs Diaz

Olivera vs Gaethje

Chandler vs Dustin

I think Dana said in a few interviews that he already has something lined up for nate at 155.

So for me I'd have 

McGregor vs Hooker

Ferguson vs diaz

Dustin vs Olivera

Chandler vs Gaethje

I wonder what Conor will do now though, he's never really taken big hits like that before, when he's lost its been a bit of a choke then tap no major harm done do no long term effects on his health so nothing to lose really. 

Now he might be thinking he isn't as invincible on the feel as he previously thought, and that could be a wakeup call to knock it on the head while he's still healthy. 

3 hours ago, Elite said:

I've only seen snippets of the KO, didn't look that big of a shot. Was he out cold or did he just get TKO'd and kinda quit?

Looked like he took a couple that rocked him, then he tried to slip a left but moved his head towards the right hand. Wasn't a massive shot but if your head is moving toward the fist then the impact is multiplied. 

5 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

How did Meatball fair in her fight? Couldn't get it on. I know she lost on but I mean in terms of getting stuck in.

She was dominated pretty much start to finish, bar one arm bar atfempt. I had to laugh at the commentary team calling her a power puncher. 

Usman impressive again last night, though he did show some vulnerability getting rocked in round 1. He's such a physical freak it's difficult to see anyone in the division beating him, he'd beat Edwards again. Chimaev maybe if he can live up to his hype but let's see if he can beat Edwards next month.

Would love to have seen Khabib step up and fight Usman. That would be a super interesting fight despite the size difference.

Usman crushes Khabib 

He's too big and far better on the feet. 

They are trying to make Leon Roberts and Colby. 

Good card

Only complaint on main event was Herb Dean, he's secong guessing himself and getting far to close to the fighters near stoppages. Thought he should ha e stood Burns up, he allowed Usman to recover in the first by hovering over Burns doing nothing to give himself time. Should have told him to do something or stood Burns up. 

Usman may well be the greatest 170lber of all time. 

46 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Usman crushes Khabib 

He's too big and far better on the feet. 

They are trying to make Leon Roberts and Colby. 

Good card

Only complaint on main event was Herb Dean, he's secong guessing himself and getting far to close to the fighters near stoppages. Thought he should ha e stood Burns up, he allowed Usman to recover in the first by hovering over Burns doing nothing to give himself time. Should have told him to do something or stood Burns up. 

Usman may well be the greatest 170lber of all time. 

Edwards you mean. That's actually a good fight.

Usman could surpass GSP but has a lot to do first but you're right the potential is there as he's so dominant.

Yeah Edwards

Usman best wins are easily arguably better than GSP at Welterweight already. Woodley, Covington and Burns are better than Hughes, Fitch, Shields and Koscheck. 

The level in MMA has gone through the roof the past 10 years. Everyone is a far more complete fighter.