You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Joe Benavidez

He's illegally hit me, so I'm gonna hurt him bad. 

If by that you mean get battered for 4 mins, knocked down 3 times mins and choked out you did a great job

Just caught up, one hell of a beatdown that. One of the most dominant rounds I've ever seen.

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

5 would be better to nullify a poorly judged card, but as amateur boxing has shown if there is bias from above they are as comfortable with a 3 2 as a 2 1.

Yeah you'll never completely cut out bad cards, too much money involved and corruption, especially in boxing.

Never used to like Till when he first got into the UFC as he was proper arrogant but after he got knocked out he's become more chilled and his twitter account is class to follow.

I still question his chin and Whittaker has got some serious power so if he connects then it's lights out for Till.

28 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah agree about Till's ability to take a shot. He's not that great defensively, either.

Wild that Gus came in at 240 lbs; he looked bigger than Verdum at the face off.

Till might take a shot better now he's not killing himself to make weight but we'll have to see it first.

Can't see Gus doing much at HW.

Just now, Elite said:

Till might take a shot better now he's not killing himself to make weight but we'll have to see it first.

Yeah true, but I just don't think he's that good at dealing with fighters who come forward throwing combinations.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Can't see Gus doing much at HW.

No, he clearly didn't want to be there when he fought Smith, so I'd question how much he actually wants to fight again. I was just surprised by the weight.

Yeah that's why it surprised me; I was expecting him to come in around 225/230, so he could retain his speed and agility. Got the feeling that at 240 he might be a bit sluggish, a la Rockhold at LHW, taking away his best weapons. Verdum looks pretty much done, though, so it might not matter, anyway.

There has been a few British fighters on at this fight island over the last few weeks, might have been nice of Dana to stick them on one card and put it on at a decent time for us. 

The card doesn't even start til 4am local time, main event probably around 6, must be a pain in the arse for the fighters messing with sleep schedules as well as all the other shite just to keep the yanks happy.