You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Just now, Elite said:

Never been to the 02, can't be much worse than the MEN.

I took the boy to the wrestling there years ago. It feels a bit bigger so the cheaper seats feel slightly further away but it’s not too different. The good thing about the MEN is it’s quite steep so you feel right on top of the ring even if you’re in the gods. The best bit about the O2 is all the bars/restaurants inside. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I took the boy to the wrestling there years ago. It feels a bit bigger so the cheaper seats feel slightly further away but it’s not too different. The good thing about the MEN is it’s quite steep so you feel right on top of the ring even if you’re in the gods. The best bit about the O2 is all the bars/restaurants inside. 

Yeah I know it's steep, I sat at the very back for Usyk V Bellew. It's dodgy as fuck after a skin full, it's be one hell of a tumble.

20 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That was a decent scrap. I thought Felder edged it myself. 

Wouldn't have been surprised to see it go either way, to me Hooker won 3 rounds narrowly, Felder convincingly won 2.

So the fight as a whole Felder looks better, but split into rounds then it's Hooker who picks up the points. 

Great scrap though. 

Mate’s lad was fighting in a local MMA event tonight (very, very much one for the getting older thread), and the best scrap of the night was two lasses who got into a violent tussle at the bar. Given one of the lads now has an eye like an aardvark after taking a car in the face, that’s pretty impressive. One of them taken straight to hospital. Would, as well. 

Bloody tablets playing up and taking ages to charge plugged in. It's losing charge quicker than it's charging so I'm having to switch it off a bit to get it charged. Pain in the arse. Might buy a second cheap one to leave at work to swap with

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah MMA not exactly known for having the best fan base at events. The combination of meathead, Roids, coke and mouthy woman isn't great

You could feel the testosterone and spite 5 minutes walk up the road. Face tattoos on men wearing tweed waistcoats and penny loafers/no socks as far as the eye can see. One fucker looked like Drexel from True Romance with dreadlocks and a plum baker boy. Almost forgot some lad coming into Firestarter as his ring walk getting put on his arse inside 3 seconds. Magnificent.

It's mad cause if you go to kickboxing and most smaller MMA gyms it's not that at all. But 'The Boyz' that go to events can be full on wankers. 

Kickboxing events are normal good, unless your in Holland as from what I know its fuvlcking brutal in the crowds as its full of legit gangsters, morrocan/Algerian loons and massive Dutch bastards all looking for a riot

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

It's mad cause if you go to kickboxing and most smaller MMA gyms it's not that at all. But 'The Boyz' that go to events can be full on wankers. 

Kickboxing events are normal good, unless your in Holland as from what I know its fuvlcking brutal in the crowds as its full of legit gangsters, morrocan/Algerian loons and massive Dutch bastards all looking for a riot

Offensive that. It's The Netherlands, not Holland.