Quantcast
UFC - Page 147 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Rex Banner

UFC

The hype around Masvidal means I might be able to get very good odds on Usman. Going to be a dominant performance from Usman no doubt.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Welsh said:

The hype around Masvidal means I might be able to get very good odds on Usman. Going to be a dominant performance from Usman no doubt.

Doubt it

The odds maker are not as stupid as the punters

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Doubt it

The odds maker are not as stupid as the punters

Ultimately where the punters put their money determines the odds though. Doesn’t it? Or is that just the horses?

Even if everyone goes with Masvidal they won't give great odds on Usman as they'll know he likely wins. Probably just start the odds on Usman worse so they can move from there. 

On 02/02/2020 at 00:09, belarus said:

Ultimately where the punters put their money determines the odds though. Doesn’t it? Or is that just the horses?

Yeah that's how it works.

Not the best of odds Lee but hopefully that'll increase once the UFC embedded comes into play and people start thinking about that fight.

• Like 1

Yeah

I'm working so will be only half watching a couple of fights. Can't see past Jones and Shevchenko. 

Fights for next 8 weeks is nice

Dan Hooker vs Paul Felder in a few weeks should be brilliant 

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah

I'm working so will be only half watching a couple of fights. Can't see past Jones and Shevchenko. 

Fights for next 8 weeks is nice

Dan Hooker vs Paul Felder in a few weeks should be brilliant 

I'm enjoying the UFC more than boxing at the moment, quality match ups on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, moof said:

Looked a bit old didn’t he? Still an unbelievably good fighter. Reyes is a beast, really impressive 

I wasn't overly impressed with Reyes when I've seen him previously but he showed his level last night, loved the way he had a go at Jones and didn't freeze like the majority of fighters who face him do.

Thought Reyes clearly won rounds 1,2,3. 

The scoring from one judge in particular wasn't dreadful last night. Unsurprisingly he gave Jones 4 rounds. He also was the judge that said James Krause didn't win R1 in his fight, a round where he had the back of his opponent for over 3 mins and was very close to getting a choke on multiple occasions. 

Rogan even called him out on the prelims fir talking to another commission member and not watching the fight

Oh and Shevchenko has a case as the greatest female if all time

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Thought Reyes clearly won rounds 1,2,3. 

The scoring from one judge in particular was dreadful last night. Unsurprisingly he gave Jones 4 rounds. He also was the judge that said James Krause didn't win R1 in his fight, a round where he had the back of his opponent for over 3 mins and was very close to getting a choke on multiple occasions. 

Rogan even called him out on the prelims fir talking to another commission member and not watching the fight

Fixed that

Obviously meant was dreadful

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah this.  Shes incredible

Reyes beat Jones. He had Round 1,2 & 3.

Jones lost to Gustafsson the first time around as well but got through on the judges scorecards ffs.

Can definitely make a case for that. I thought round 1 was clear for Reyes, 4,5 for Jones and 2 and 3 were up for grabs. I gave 2 for Jones and 3 for Reyes. 

Jones looked tired, I don’t know if he’s slowing down or what but the Santos fight and this he didn’t really look like himself. 

As for this matchup. I don’t know if Reyes can fight better than he did here, I’d back jones to finish it if they ever rematch 

Clearly not him BTW. 20 seconds of googling his left ear, lack of left arm tattoo, and his beard line shows that.