You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

16 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Has to be the end of the line for Cerrone though.

I think he'll have one or two more. 

This is what was supposed to happen. 

Cowboy had lost 6 of his last 10, knocked out in 4 of the losses. 

So now 4-7(5 KO defeats) in last 11

And people are shocked

Totally expected, Cerrone should have retired after the Gaethje fight (Although can't blame him for getting a last big payday). 

At least it will set up a proper fight with hopefully Masvidal. Khabib and Usman would wreck McGregor but I'd give him more of a chance Vs Masvidal.

2 hours ago, Welsh said:

Cheers mate, just watched now.

Embarrassing but not a shock. I like Cerrone but he isn't an elite fighter.

Jorge dominates McGregor as does Usman.

Embarrassing is right. Cerrone is a game veteran but he had no business being in there.

Masvidal v McGregor would be an awesome fight but I think Masvidal would be crafty enough to win. Usman, however, would crumple him like a crisp packet.

Cerrone is an average fighter. I like him and I mean no disrespect as he's been a great entertainer for the sport but he offered no threat to McGregor and it was the perfect match up to set up for Conor to get his fans back to believing he's arrived again.

Masvidal is a street fighter who has taken bare knuckle punches throughout his life so he could take McGregors punches better than majority and he's just too smart in a slug fest.

Usman beats anyone in that division.

I'm not knocking McGregor's fighting skills but the fact is, Usman is superior in everything but striking and even then Usman has shown he can take a punch and also dish it out.

Usman is a superior fighter as you would expect being the heavier and more experienced of the two.

On 19/01/2020 at 12:44, Welsh said:

I'm not knocking McGregor's fighting skills but the fact is, Usman is superior in everything but striking and even then Usman has shown he can take a punch and also dish it out.

Usman is a superior fighter as you would expect being the heavier and more experienced of the two.

I doubt he goes near that fight. It will be Masvidal next. He needs to not call Khabib out though. He doesn't win that one regardless of his shape IMO. 

He has a decent chance providing his mentality and training is correct. The previous fight he was ridiculously underprepared and it showed. 

That being said if he does take that fight again I hope khabib rips his face off, the dirty fucking rapist. 

On 19/01/2020 at 00:58, Lee909 said:

I think he'll have one or two more. 

This is what was supposed to happen. 

Cowboy had lost 6 of his last 10, knocked out in 4 of the losses. 

So now 4-7(5 KO defeats) in last 11

And people are shocked

What is the point of the sport if this is a big fight? 

Feels more like the Citrus Bowl when one of the teams is 6-5

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah. I’m not too disappointed. It was really just an excuse for my best mate to come down and for us to go on the piss in the big smoke. I’ll keep my eyes open for any boxing cards put on down there in the spring. 

O2 seems to be the place now in the UK. Manchester doesn't get many big boxing events, plus it's shit anyway.

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Plan is Masvidal vs Usman International fight week. Going to kill all the Masvidal hype but getting him wrestle fucked then

They should have put him in with McGregor for the big pay day, but I guess Masvidal wants the belt so fair play to him.

I can't see anyone beating Usman at 170 though.