You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Just now, Lee909 said:

Till killing himself to make weight not helping him at all. Fucking brilliant from Masvidal, been in the game years and deserves success. Always game to fight anyone. Thought Till would be too big mind

Do you think Till would fair better at middleweight because I don't.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

He's still young in the game but that's a bad KO in front of his own crowd. That will be tough to come back from mentally 

Yep, don't think Gus has been the same since rumble knocked him into next week in Stockholm. 

Great ending. 

Masvidal is just a great guy too. No bullshit over hyping fights, fake beef. But old school warrior

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Do you think Till would fair better at middleweight because I don't.

I think he has to move up. 

Look at Poirer, he was not half the 145er that he is at 155. The weight cut doesn't help the chin. But that's twice he has been caught by similar shots so it's a technique that's been picked up on and Woodley and Masvidal are good boxers. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Cant deny Masvidal is a top bloke. What a left that was. Till always looks like he is expecting a punch. He was the bigger man yet still tried to trade. He needs a big big win soon or he is done and dusted. 

He has plenty of time. 

He will drop to bottom end of top 10 I'd he stays at 170. Robbie Lawler, Santiago Ponzinibbio, Magny or Dos Santos make sense though I'd give him Damian Maia. 

If he jumps up to 185 Tavares, Branch, Brunson make sense or Anderson Silva in the UK or Brazil

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

He has plenty of time. 

He will drop to bottom end of top 10 I'd he stays at 170. Robbie Lawler, Santiago Ponzinibbio, Magny or Dos Santos make sense though I'd give him Damian Maia. 

If he jumps up to 185 Tavares, Branch, Brunson make sense or Anderson Silva in the UK or Brazil

He looks like he will struggle to stay at that weight. Tavares and Silva make mincemeat of him IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I think he has to move up. 

Look at Poirer, he was not half the 145er that he is at 155. The weight cut doesn't help the chin. But that's twice he has been caught by similar shots so it's a technique that's been picked up on and Woodley and Masvidal are good boxers. 

I always thought Tills ground game would be his undoing but he's been caught bad in his last two fights now. The cut is doing him no favours but he's not even able to weight bully guys a lot smaller than him (Masvidal is a career lightweight). Maybe he's been moved along too quickly as Dana wants a British star to replace Bisping but he really needs to take a step back now and get a few wins.

Hard to say how it will go if he moves up, on one hand they are bound to punch a hell of a lot harder than Masvidal does. 

But when you're having to sit in saunas to dehydrate yourself enough to make weight it has a massive effect on the body, less moisture around the brain means it takes the hit harder, that's why they have the weigh ins the day before, because otherwise fighters will enter the ring/cage even more dehydrated than they do now. 

Hopefully he recovers from this, Woodley was undefeated until he fought for a title, and Bisping was also on the receiving end of a highlight reel knockout. 

He's young, there's still time, if he takes a step back he can come back from this, I feel like he was pushed into these big fights too early because Dana needed some new stars since mcgregor has been inactive, and Till was the perfect face to sell PPVs to the British fans. 

• Upvote 1

He needs a boxing trainer to work on his footwork. His stance wasn't right at all in that second round. I know its quicker and you don't plant as you do in Boxing but he looked like a boxer who would switch constantly the way his feet were moving. 

So beating one British welterweight wasnt enough. Masvidal has just had words and thrown hands at Edwards back stage. Edwards starts mouthing off while Masvidal is interviewing post fight, hands swung. Edwards seems a right mouthy prick

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1107061319214088192

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

So beating one British welterweight wasnt enough. Masvidal has just had words and thrown hands at Edwards back stage. Edwards starts mouthing off while Masvidal is interviewing post fight, hands swung. Edwards seems a right mouthy prick

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1107061319214088192

That Edwards is a cunt.