You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the main 3 fights from last night.

Chimaev V Burns was a cracker, Chimaev answered a few questions but also looked very vulnerable at times, getting hit far too much. I think he needs one more fight against Luque or Colby for that top level experience before he's ready for Usman.

I went into the Yan/Sterling fight wanting Yan to win due to Sterling's antics last fight and the way he acted as champion (Which he hadn't earned) but as the fight started I began to root for him and I think he just edged it or at worst it was a draw. He's earned the belt now though, great mental strength from him.

The main event was just a beat down, not sure where Volk goes from here as he's beaten everyone and the Holloway 3rd fight doesn't really interest me. Maybe he'll step up to lightweight at some point.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Watched the main 3 fights from last night.

Chimaev V Burns was a cracker, Chimaev answered a few questions but also looked very vulnerable at times, getting hit far too much. I think he needs one more fight against Luque or Colby for that top level experience before he's ready for Usman.

I went into the Yan/Sterling fight wanting Yan to win due to Sterling's antics last fight and the way he acted as champion (Which he hadn't earned) but as the fight started I began to root for him and I think he just edged it or at worst it was a draw. He's earned the belt now though, great mental strength from him.

The main event was just a beat down, not sure where Volk goes from here as he's beaten everyone and the Holloway 3rd fight doesn't really interest me. Maybe he'll step up to lightweight at some point.

Burns is a great fighter and was definitely getting overlooked going int that fight. Khamzat showed he has a chin.

I thought Yan-Sterling was a draw with a 10-8 to Sterling in R2 and Yan winning in Rounds 1, 4 and 5.

Volk v Max are due another fight but if he beats Max again, he should probably move to LW. I think he would do very well. He's so athletic and well-rounded, arguably the best P4P fighter in the world at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Elite said:

That Ferguson KO, fuuuckkk.

Oliveira is the man, he's vulnerable but he's finished all of his rivals now. Should give him his belt back.

That Rose fight, horrendous.

Brutal, the KO and Rose fight. I hate Esparza as well, horrible on TUF. 

B7773BA8-5AF1-4605-925A-94D88E792A69.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Tony was well in that fight too and thought he would be able to capitalise on that first round with a stoppage but fair play to Chandler. 

rose only has herself to blame. She can moan all she wants about trying to have a game plan and being hammered for Using tactics, problem being she forgot it was a fight and shadow boxing doesn't count as point scoring

oliveria missing weight is basics but as someone said above; he's finishing fighters on a consultant basis now

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

If you didn't see the main event watch it now. 

Fucking hell greatest 205lb fight ever

Yeah it was an absolute cracker.

Proper gladiatorial battle, couldn't tell how deep the choke was in but for a seasoned grappler like Glover it must have been tight for him to tap.

Zabit Magomedsharipov has retired

Shame as he had the lot to compete for the title. Sounds like he never really recovered 100% from covid. Remember reading he had it really bad and was struggling with respiratory issues afterwards. Talk is he is off to become a doctor, so good luck to him

• 3 weeks later...

Some excellent fights last night.

Volk is an absolute savage, to be able to batter Holloway like that, a man who has completely battered everyone else in the division is phenomenal especially with the height difference. Volk is P4P for me, he's got better wins that Usman has at Welter. 

Glad Strickland got sparked as he's a complete Muppet.

The Lawler/Barberina fight was great whilst it lasted.

The main event was a stinker, Izzy is such a dull fighter to watch. Hope Pereira sparks him again.

Yeah, Volk is just insane and improves time and time again. I'm in the camp that says he beat Max the other two times as well so to beat him three times in a row is crazy!

I cringe at Izzy. Cejudo's king of cringe was a character he made to stay relevant but Izzy is naturally a cringe person. Everything he does and says is horrible to watch/listen

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Paddy Pimblett and Molly McCann fighting again tomorrow. Paddy looks shredded. 

Darren Till pulled out of his fight, shame really. 

Fuck Darren Till; 

another one lost to hype and partying. 

Paddy pushing for a PPV fights now in USA. 

Hope Holly has another KO