You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Hell of a fight between Volk and Ortega.

Volk is a fucking savage, I read that when he played rugby league he was the toughest guy in the league at only 5'6, which I believe.

Credit to Ortega though, one tough man and I thought he had Volk a few times with those submission attempts.

3 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Love Volkanovski. I had him beat Holloway twice and the level of disrespect he takes is crazy! Apart from the submission attempts, that fight was very one-sided.

Yeah he was dominant, was a bit reckless putting himself in the way of those submissions though. He's a fucking savage though. McGregor has been giving him shit online apparently, Volk would smash that cunt as well.

Yeah, he didn't fight as smart as he usually does. His cardio is insane though!! Almost getting choked out twice to getting up and jumping straight into ground and pound haha.

Yeah, I would love Volkanovski to beat McGregor up. It would be poetic that McGregor who dominated for years fighting much smaller opponents ended up getting destroyed by one of the smallest opponents he's faced.

1 minute ago, Welsh said:

Yeah, he didn't fight as smart as he usually does. His cardio is insane though!! Almost getting choked out twice to getting up and jumping straight into ground and pound haha.

Yeah, I would love Volkanovski to beat McGregor up. It would be poetic that McGregor who dominated for years fighting much smaller opponents ended up getting destroyed by one of the smallest opponents he's faced.

His submission escapes were very impressive, they'd have finished 99% of fighters as Ortega is great at them.

He definitely threw caution to the wind that third round. Getting caught in a guillotine, slipping out, then diving straight back into the guy's guard for some ground and pound only to be instantly locked up in a triangle is absolutely not smart when your opponent is Brian Ortega. Fucking brilliant to watch, though. Honestly one of the best rounds I've seen in a long time.

2 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

He definitely threw caution to the wind that third round. Getting caught in a guillotine, slipping out, then diving straight back into guard for some ground and pound only to be locked up in a triangle is absolutely not smart when your opponent is Brian Ortega. Fucking brilliant to watch, though. Honestly one of the best rounds I've seen in a long time.

Yep, very exciting fight despite Volk winning comfortably on points  Ortega always looked dangerous with the subs.

Don't really want to see Volk v Holloway 3 but it's the only fight to make, unless they give Chikadze a shot.

Just now, Elite said:

Yep, very exciting fight despite Volk winning comfortably on points  Ortega always looked dangerous with the subs.

Don't really want to see Volk v Holloway 3 but it's the only fight to make, unless they give Chikadze a shot.

Yeah I love that about Ortega. He's easily one of the most dangerous fighters in the division. Tough as fuck, too. It's a shame he didn't win, really, as Volk Holloway 3 just feels pretty stale doesn't it. As you said though there's nobody else, unless Yair can somehow pull off a result against Max, but hard to see that happening.

21 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Yeah that was fucking wild. The man's an absolute savage.

11 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah I love that about Ortega. He's easily one of the most dangerous fighters in the division. Tough as fuck, too. It's a shame he didn't win, really, as Volk Holloway 3 just feels pretty stale doesn't it. As you said though there's nobody else, unless Yair can somehow pull off a result against Max, but hard to see that happening.

I wonder if Volk has any thoughts of moving up, then again he's a small featherweight (height wise) but as you say the division is pretty stale at the top.

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

I wonder if Volk has any thoughts of moving up, then again he's a small featherweight (height wise) but as you say the division is pretty stale at the top.

I reckon he'd do alright, you know, with his speed and distance management being so good. In fact I'd probably pick him against Oliveria.

2 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Rnd 3 of that fight was utterly insane and had everything in it. 

Tbf apart from the shevchenko miss match the card was decent and was much better than the shite fest hearn put on

The Blaydes fight was pretty dull as well. Not sure where be goes to be honest. Every time he steps up he loses.