You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just catching up on this. After the fight it’s gone to Max Kellerman and Teddy Atlas doing the analysis. The fuck?

Where are you watching it?

Wouldn't mind watching the cunt suffer.

32 minutes ago, Elite said:

A279649D-3D6C-4B80-A39F-499BF81EC1EE.jpeg

Dana White is going to keep re-running it until McGregor wins by doctor stoppage after Poirier has a coronary.

Funny how McGregor should get another shot after losing twice in his eyes but Aldo was deprived of his rematch after a decade long unbeaten run.

4 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

That Mayweather fight was the worst possible thing to happen, in retrospect. Just totally derailed his MMA career. Sticking with SBG hasn't done him any favours, either.

SBG?

You're right about the Mayweather thing, he lost all momentum. I've never been a fan of him though, he's a complete cunt so am revelling in his decline but he's still a few hundred million pound richer than me though, the bastard.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Elite said:

SBG?

You're right about the Mayweather thing, he lost all momentum. I've never been a fan of him though, he's a complete cunt so am revelling in his decline but he's still a few hundred million pound richer than me though, the bastard.

His gym. There are way better ones he could have gone to.

And yeah I've no time for him as a person, but speaking purely as a fight fan he was an incredible talent and I just would have liked to see him make the most of it.

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

His gym. There are way better ones he could have gone to.

And yeah I've no time for him as a person, but speaking purely as a fight fan he was an incredible talent and I just would have liked to see him make the most of it.

McGregor got 'too big' so I don't think it would have mattered which gym he went to as they'd all be yes men and he would run the show, which we all know doesn't work in fight sports. The coach needs to be the boss.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

McGregor got 'too big' so I don't think it would have mattered which gym he went to as they'd all be yes men and he would run the show, which we all know doesn't work in fight sports. The coach needs to be the boss.

Yeah don't disagree - although I think some of the top gyms would be fine telling him to fuck off if he was acting the cunt - but even just being around better fighters/trainers would have been an improvement.

I don't watch Bellator tbh but I would find it difficult to class anyone in that organisation as better than a UFC fighter. Could be massively wrong and the argument people tend to throw out is Chandler but Chandler lost against Oliveira and only has Hooker (#8 ranked) on his resume so it's hardly a good enough argument (I can't wait to see Gaethje vs Chandler, that is going to be wild)

I would like to see a cross organisation bout though instead of the best fighter from Bellator/One FC always having to join UFC to prove their credentials. It would be nice for other organisations to build on the best and get fighters wanting to join them more and see Bellator/One FC grow to really compete against UFC.

57 minutes ago, Welsh said:

I don't watch Bellator tbh but I would find it difficult to class anyone in that organisation as better than a UFC fighter. Could be massively wrong and the argument people tend to throw out is Chandler but Chandler lost against Oliveira and only has Hooker (#8 ranked) on his resume so it's hardly a good enough argument (I can't wait to see Gaethje vs Chandler, that is going to be wild)

I would like to see a cross organisation bout though instead of the best fighter from Bellator/One FC always having to join UFC to prove their credentials. It would be nice for other organisations to build on the best and get fighters wanting to join them more and see Bellator/One FC grow to really compete against UFC.

Boxing quite rightly gets abuse for different alphabet titles and fighters avoiding each other but MMA just has the same thing with different promotions. The main difference being that UFC has the money so the best tend to go there, but I wonder if any of the other promotion fighters hate Dana White so much that they stay put?

4 hours ago, Remmie said:

Boxing quite rightly gets abuse for different alphabet titles and fighters avoiding each other but MMA just has the same thing with different promotions. The main difference being that UFC has the money so the best tend to go there, but I wonder if any of the other promotion fighters hate Dana White so much that they stay put?

UFC are famous for low balling fighters so it's very plausible world class talent is in other companies.

They're having an interim heavyweight title fight 5 months after Ngannou knocked out Stipe Miocic beside they don't want to pay Ngannou what he's worth.

Most of Bellator's champions would be competitive/top 10 fighters in the UFC. There's definitely elite level talent there imo. The difference between the two promotions - and between UFC and anyone else, really - is that outside the top two or three guys, each division is usually pretty sparse.

• Upvote 1

Great win for Gane but Lewis was fucking awful and just gave up. Gane v Ngannou is a super intriguing match up.

Also credit to Luque, he's earning his way up the rankings and is never in a bad fight. I like Chiesa as well, so a bit disappointed he lost.

2 minutes ago, Welsh said:

So glad Lewis lost. I don't get the hype around that guy and his interviews aren't funny like everyone seems to think they are.

Luque is brilliant and you are right Elite. Can't see him beating Usman though.

I can't see anyone beating Usman to be honest unless be moves up in weight.

Yeah Luque's fights are always fun as shit, aren't they? Worth watching every time.

Other performance that stood out for me was Aldo. That must be the best he's looked at 135. Not sure he can win a title down there, but he's done way better than I thought he would. And credit to Munhoz for being a human punching bag for 15 minutes, too. Incredible chin on the wee fella.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

How do you lot see the Gane v Ngannou fight going? I'm edging towards Gane.

I think Gane wins on points. Looks like he has enough movement and fight IQ to avoid N'Gannou's power.

• 3 weeks later...

Really good card last night.

Not sure what's left from Kevin Lee now and the same for Barboza unless they want to be journeymen or try their luck at another organisation.

The Bantamweight TUF final was brilliant, genuinely could of gone either way. That Toric is a odd bloke, fights like Tony Ferguson and is a bit of a weirdo as well. Think they'll both get contracts.