You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

32 minutes ago, Elite said:

Just a reminder that the new season of the ultimate fighter has started, the first episode is now available.

Hopefully the standard is high and a few of them can make a good career for themselves.

Is it on BT or Fight pass these days?

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Is it on BT or Fight pass these days?

I watched it on Kodi.

Shame Till got injured as he was rumoured to be a coach alongside Adesanya, that would have been thoroughly entertaining.

• Like 1

Decent card last night.

Paul Craig was very impressive and Hill is one tough man carrying on with his arm as messed up as it was.

Edwards did well but nearly blew it at the end of the fight, if Usman catches him it's light out. I really don't understand the love for Nate Diaz, he's game and tough but personality wise he just appears to be very dim and crass.

Moreno was brilliant, Figueiredo looked an absolute beast until their first fight but he's the definition of a bully in there, once someone can take his shots and give something back he folds. Very classy post fight though and they'll no doubt complete the trilogy.

The main event was a stinker. Vettori has nothing for Adesanya at all and Adesanya wasn't impressive either he just did enough to win. He's a complete tit though, as is Vettori.

10 hours ago, Elite said:

Decent card last night.

Paul Craig was very impressive and Hill is one tough man carrying on with his arm as messed up as it was.

Edwards did well but nearly blew it at the end of the fight, if Usman catches him it's light out. I really don't understand the love for Nate Diaz, he's game and tough but personality wise he just appears to be very dim and crass.

Moreno was brilliant, Figueiredo looked an absolute beast until their first fight but he's the definition of a bully in there, once someone can take his shots and give something back he folds. Very classy post fight though and they'll no doubt complete the trilogy.

The main event was a stinker. Vettori has nothing for Adesanya at all and Adesanya wasn't impressive either he just did enough to win. He's a complete tit though, as is Vettori.

The guy in the early prelims, 7 second KO and done his knee in celebrating. What a biff.

11 hours ago, Elite said:

I really don't understand the love for Nate Diaz, he's game and tough but personality wise he just appears to be very dim and crass.

Come on man

He smokes weed and doesn't give a shit before flexing like he's jacked.

He fun to watch but this last few years since the McGregor win people have been acting like he is some long term top level championship fighter when the reality is he is just above .500 as a UFC fighter 15-11. He is another Cerrone, great to watch a fan favourite but can't get over the hump on the biggest nights

t8ymjzzgrqa61.jpg

Its the same schtick that Sean Omalley pulls now

I'm cool i smoke weed look at me light up at ringside

Who give a shit, its fucking legal

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Yeah I have, BT messed up the recording the other day though and reshowed last weeks episode so I'll have to see if I can get it somewhere.

Volkanovski's team are getting a dicking haha

The tide will turn, Ortega is just picking off Volks worst guys for wins, the top guys will win for Volk unless he's had a mare with his picks.

So that was one of the more entertaining 20 mins of TV i’ve seen.

I look up to see that one of the lads in the next fight is a former pro-bowl NFL player. Oooh that’s interesting.

Then his opponent walks out to Wannabe by Spice Girls. Erm, okay.

Then the NFL lad hurts the Spice Girls lad but when he goes after him he walks onto a left hook and it’s all over after about a minute. Nice one, entertaining scrap while it lasted.

The Spice Girls dude then cracks open a beer and pours it into a shoe and downs it.

Then his post fight interview is funny as fuck and he walks off down the ramp and starts downing more beers out of the shoes of people in the crowd.

Mental.

• Upvote 1

I thought McGregor started really well but once he let that guillotine slip he was basically fucked and you can argue he was gassed before that. He got a few nice elbows in but there were times where it could've stopped earlier during Poirier's ground and pound. Dean thought he did Conor (and the crowd/buyers) a favor by letting him get to his feet and then the ankle break happens.

I'm sure he'll be back but barring some real training/evolution regarding his technique he's probably done as a top level fighter. He can do the journeyman thing for a while if he wants obviously.

I don't think it's fair to say Conor is finished based on that, it was 1 round, fair enough he took a big if ground and pound but there's 4 more rounds to go, we have no idea how they could have played out. 

He was in control while it was on the feet, and there's every chance that the next times Dustin tried to grapple, Conor just defends the takedown rather than trying a sloppy guillotine.

Gutted with how that ends because McGregor and his dumb fans can actually think he still had a chance when the fact is, he was done.

Poirier absolutely dominated him on the ground and McGregor was exhausted as soon as he attempted that guillotine. 

He's such a horrible fucking cunt and I am absolutely gutted he couldn't continue getting his arse beat so it at least shut him up for a few weeks.

• Upvote 3

Also, just a message to say Fuck Herb Dean. How he stopped the O'Malley/Moutinho fight with 30seconds to go is complete bullshit considering how much damage had gone on previously....Let Moutinho finish the fight.

Plus, how he didn't stop the Poirier/McGregor at the end when he had stopped the Moutinho fight is crazy!! Moutinho got his arse beat no doubts but he had done so the whole fight so don't stop it with 30 seconds left you tit.

4 hours ago, Welsh said:

Gutted with how that ends because McGregor and his dumb fans can actually think he still had a chance when the fact is, he was done.

Poirier absolutely dominated him on the ground and McGregor was exhausted as soon as he attempted that guillotine. 

He's such a horrible fucking cunt and I am absolutely gutted he couldn't continue getting his arse beat so it at least shut him up for a few weeks.

McGregor was done as soon as he jumped for that guillotine. His cardio is a disgrace given his profile and resources. Look at the contrast with Moutinho who took his fight at 11 days notice and was working 80 hour weeks at a paint factory. 

To think they are people who actually buy his 'conditioning' program. 

Say what you want about McGregor, but he is one hard fucking man. Footballers, rugby players, nfl players - I’ve seen them getting oxygen and all sorts with something similar. He sat there and straightened it out himself, then gave an interview in the ring with it in a splint, and was goading fans on the way out on the stretcher. Some people are just wired hard. I’d be screaming out, begging myself to pass out until it was all over