You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Great performance from Ngannou.

That wasn't prime Stipe but a good win none the less. If not Jones, Ngannou needs to avenge the Lewis defeat.

O'Malley was impressive again but his nonchalance could bite him in the arse plus he's still got a lot to prove after the Chito Vera fight.

Put a fork in Woodley.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Just caught up with the weekend's card and thought Whittaker looked great. It's astonishing how good his wrestling is considering it's not his background. The rematch with Izzy is one of the best fights they can make right now.

I missed it because my virgin box corrupted the recording. Better not fucking happen this weekend!

Whittaker v Adesanya 2 will be a good fight, Whittaker can certainly beat him with a better game plan/wrestling.

Just now, Elite said:

I missed it because my virgin box corrupted the recording. Better not fucking happen this weekend!

Rest of the card was pretty terrible tbh, mate, so you didn't miss much.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Whittaker v Adesanya 2 will be a good fight, Whittaker can certainly beat him with a better game plan/wrestling.

Yeah if he uses his wrestling it should definitely be more competitive. Would imagine Izzy will be working on his takedown defence after that Jan fight though.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Rest of the card was pretty terrible tbh, mate, so you didn't miss much.

Yeah if he uses his wrestling it should definitely be more competitive. Would imagine Izzy will be working on his takedown defence after that Jan fight though.

Yeah, it just depends on whether Whittaker has the physicality to dominate Adesanya on the ground, he's never going to win a striking match.

I think Vettori could cause Adesanya problems again, I'd favour him against Till as well.

14 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah, it just depends on whether Whittaker has the physicality to dominate Adesanya on the ground, he's never going to win a striking match.

I think Vettori could cause Adesanya problems again, I'd favour him against Till as well.

Yeah he won't have the weight advantage that Jan had, but his top control is really good. I think he could keep the fight there if he gets the takedown.

And yeah I'd favour Vettori against Till. Hope they remake that one, actually, but I wouldn't be surprised if Vettori decides to sit it out until they offer him a title shot.

46 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah he won't have the weight advantage that Jan had, but his top control is really good. I think he could keep the fight there if he gets the takedown.

And yeah I'd favour Vettori against Till. Hope they remake that one, actually, but I wouldn't be surprised if Vettori decides to sit it out until they offer him a title shot.

Wouldn't mind seeing Kevin Holland Vs Till.

Very entertaining card.

Masvidal is a career journeyman, he's got nothing for the top guys, about time he was taken down a peg or two.

Rose looks very damaged mentally, she's like some child that's been experimented on.

Got to feel for Weidman, brutal.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Only watched the last two fights

Fuck me what a title fight

Just caught up. Really happy Oliviera won, he's paid his dues, worked his way through the rankings and now got the title he deserves. I don't think he'll be a dominant champion but will always be in great fights.

Ferguson needs to retire, he's a shell.