You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

He was looking good too

The leg kicks really fucked with him. 

He's a good loser to be fair to Conor, looked powerful and sharp but you can't jump in and out of these things. 

Dustin at 155 is a completely different animal to the kid at 145lb going into his first big fight. 

I thought McGregor was mostly in control of that fight but he looked to just lack that final blow to put it away and then got caught with one and it spiraled on him completely.

I wonder if that's him done now, have to imagine there were be a round 3 of these two but who's does each fight in the meantime?

14 minutes ago, Em City said:

Those leg kicks fucked him. Easy to say in hindsight, but I can't understand why nobody bothered to chop McGregor's lead leg before.

Because he was kicking more himself and anyone that did kick was getting tagged. 

Big factor aswell though is he has gone from being the biggest, hardest hitting guy at 145 to just one of the guys at 155. 

Reckon if he does carry on and sounds like he wants to he fight Diaz, money still there for that. 

Dustin moves to with the others at 155 like Oliver, Chandler, Gaejthe to go for the title. 

For me

Hooker vs Ferguson

Conor vs Diaz

Olivera vs Gaethje

Chandler vs Dustin

57 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Because he was kicking more himself and anyone that did kick was getting tagged. 

Big factor aswell though is he has gone from being the biggest, hardest hitting guy at 145 to just one of the guys at 155. 

Reckon if he does carry on and sounds like he wants to he fight Diaz, money still there for that. 

Dustin moves to with the others at 155 like Oliver, Chandler, Gaejthe to go for the title. 

For me

Hooker vs Ferguson

Conor vs Diaz

Olivera vs Gaethje

Chandler vs Dustin

Olivera v Poirior for the title for me. Winner of Chandler v Gaethje gets the shot at the winner.

I'd make Dustin favourite myself. 

As great as his been the last 7 fights he hasn't fought the level of competition that Dustin Poirier has on the whole. He was KO'd by Paul Felder a few years back. 

Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee vs Pettis, Gaejthe, Alvarez, Holloway, Hooker, McGregor 

Add in Poirier is a proven 5 round fighter

31 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'd make Dustin favourite myself. 

As great as his been the last 7 fights he hasn't fought the level of competition that Dustin Poirier has on the whole. He was KO'd by Paul Felder a few years back. 

Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee vs Pettis, Gaejthe, Alvarez, Holloway, Hooker, McGregor 

Add in Poirier is a proven 5 round fighter

He'll definitely be favourite because of this win but Oliveira is so dangerous and I can't see him defending against Oliveira's take downs. Oliveira is just going to get better and better.

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've only seen snippets of the KO, didn't look that big of a shot. Was he out cold or did he just get TKO'd and kinda quit?

No, it was just a TKO.

Just now, Elite said:

Only just saw that Chandler beat Hooker in a round, very good win that. Any doubts about his level coming over from Bellator have been put to bed.

Yeah solid performance but he shouldn't be getting a title shot! Put him up against another top contender like Gaethje or Ferguson and then the winner of that gets a shot.

21 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've only seen snippets of the KO, didn't look that big of a shot. Was he out cold or did he just get TKO'd and kinda quit?

He rocked him and he didn't recover before Poirier went in again, rock him again and put him down. 

5 minutes ago, Welsh said:

He'll definitely be favourite because of this win but Oliveira is so dangerous and I can't see him defending against Oliveira's take downs. Oliveira is just going to get better and better.

Be a interesting fight either way. 

Be weird for whoever wins knowing that you are champ because THE CHAMP walked away. 

I like seeing Bellator/WSOF etc fighters come over and win. Shows that the UFC isn't the only show. 

EOLaVg8v_400x400.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Be weird for whoever wins knowing that you are champ because THE CHAMP walked away. 

I like seeing Bellator/WSOF etc fighters come over and win. Shows that the UFC isn't the only show. 

EOLaVg8v_400x400.jpeg

Yeah the real champ thing will always crop up when a dominant fighter moves up or retires with the belt but nothing the fighters can do about that, the best outcome on that front would be for Olivera or Chandler to win the belt as Khabib hasn't beaten them. I think the belt is going to change hands quite regularly now, don't see a dominant champion out if the current crop of LWs.

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

EOLaVg8v_400x400.jpeg

Yeah it will be interesting mate.

Same, there's some great promotions out there with some great fighters.

Big fan of Khabib but he should've been stripped as soon as he retired. Dana is a joke for suggesting that to Khabib.

Yeah, I do wonder if it sits in the back of their mind that's all. I prefer the belt moving around myself. Keeps more fights open. Nothing worse than a division like Nunes at 135lb. She's beat everyone and some twice so you get the best of the rest just sitting at 2/3 in the ranking but 2 losses to the champ 

1 minute ago, Welsh said:

Yeah it will be interesting mate.

Same, there's some great promotions out there with some great fighters.

Big fan of Khabib but he should've been stripped as soon as he retired. Dana is a joke for suggesting that to Khabib.

Actually I happy he didn't. Not for Khabib holding the title longer but it stopped them forcing the title on a fight like tonight. I like this let them all fight it out for a bit till you get 2 at the top and a Legit title fight. 

One think you can't talk shit about Conor is his reaction to losing. No real excuse. 

Wonder if we see him again, seems in a weird heads space in presser. Reckon we will but it might just be a money fight with Diaz or back to boxing with Pacquiao, though I think the money in that fight will be badly hurt after this