You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Dont agree this will be in the running for fight of the year

Its needs to be a fight for that

this is however going to be in contention for beatdown of the year

Agreed. Kattar did well to survive but expected Kattar to offer more in the fight.

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Is Conor going to win next week? I rarely watch UFC but am a bit of a Conor fanboy when he fights. 

He won their first fight but is possibly the underdog in this one. Hope his face gets rearranged, the prick. 

• Upvote 1

I hope McGregor wins, he's a dick but I'm can't help but get pulled in to the theatre of it all. The main thing about him that annoys me is how little he fights, but if he's motivated and wants it then I can see him smashing the shit out of the division. 

3 hours ago, Elite said:

I can't stand McGregor, complete scumbag.

Said this before but when he was up and coming, he could get away with his cockiness. Also, being Irish, seeing an irish man run through everyone was epic. But he went full retard with his WWE style build ups and I can't stand him any more. I still want him to fight, and win. I just don't watch any of his pressers or post match shite, don't read any articles in the build up etc. Just watch him fight.

He represents the style of fighting I find most exciting. Big heavy strikes, just kicking the fuck out of each other. No BJJ, rolling, wrestling. I know they're valid and effective disciplines, I just don't know enough about them to find them entertaining.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

But he went full retard with his WWE style build ups and I can't stand him any more. I still want him to fight, and win. I just don't watch any of his pressers or post match shite, don't read any articles in the build up etc. Just watch him fight.

I don't know whether it's just because of corona so can't pull his usual stunts at the pressers, or if he's grown out of it, but he seems to have calmed down a quite bit lately. Nowhere near as bad as he was a couple of years ago anyway.

He's even quiet on twitter, and in his interviews he's been pretty chilled out, so maybe he isn't the same dickhead that he used to be. 

On 18/01/2021 at 15:50, Aventus said:

I don't know whether it's just because of corona so can't pull his usual stunts at the pressers, or if he's grown out of it, but he seems to have calmed down a quite bit lately. Nowhere near as bad as he was a couple of years ago anyway.

He's even quiet on twitter, and in his interviews he's been pretty chilled out, so maybe he isn't the same dickhead that he used to be. 

I think he has a lot of respect and quite likes Poirier so he doesn’t need to fake a huge beef, plus it’s guaranteed to make a fuck load of money anyway. 

Just now, Lee909 said:

Didn't see the prelims

Brees just got himself in a bad position there,shame as he had swung the fight at the end of the first. 

By all accounts he's a bit like David Price, mentally beaten before he even gets in there.