You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Probably the best card there ever has been (on paper)

Jones doesn't deserve a fight against Stipe yet, fuck that. N'Gannou is next in line. Let Jones go against Rozenstruik or Blaydes or even Volkov first.

Fuck the whole Jones/Lesnar fight as well. Lesnar has no right being allowed to fight in the UFC ever again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2020 at 14:54, Welsh said:

Probably the best card there ever has been (on paper)

Jones doesn't deserve a fight against Stipe yet, fuck that. N'Gannou is next in line. Let Jones go against Rozenstruik or Blaydes or even Volkov first.

Fuck the whole Jones/Lesnar fight as well. Lesnar has no right being allowed to fight in the UFC ever again.

Jones/ Lesnar in a stepladder match with a handsome supply of PEDs on the top for the winner. Quite fitting, in my opinion.

On 21/09/2020 at 22:48, Duff Man said:

Chimaev only absorbing 1 significant strike in 3 fights is wild. Granted, the level of competition until Meerschaert wasn't that high, but still, it's quite a stat.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up a champion and possibly a two-weight one. Looks the complete package with weaknesses but we'll only know for sure once he fights the top guys in the divisions (mad that he's fighting at two different weights).

3 hours ago, Elite said:

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up a champion and possibly a two-weight one. Looks the complete package with weaknesses but we'll only know for sure once he fights the top guys in the divisions (mad that he's fighting at two different weights).

Assume you meant no weaknesses? Like Vitor.

g05mkXX.jpg

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

Haha, not seen that film for ages.

This weekends card should be a good one.

Yeah definitely. Main and co-main should be bangers. Watched the Costa Romero fight recently and I'd forgotten how insane it was. I'm not sure much career longevity there is with Costa's style but it'll be fun while it lasts, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah definitely. Main and co-main should be bangers. Watched the Costa Romero fight recently and I'd forgotten how insane it was. I'm not sure much career longevity there is with Costa's style but it'll be fun while it lasts, that's for sure.

Who did you think won that? 

Remember at the time thinking Romero just edged it. 

Quite funny watching the build up to the weekend and the line they are putting out about Costa just walking down Romero. I think this is just a massive step to far and he will gas like fuck and get picked apart 

Just now, Lee909 said:

Who did you think won that? 

Remember at the time thinking Romero just edged it. 

Quite funny watching the build up to the weekend and the line they are putting out about Costa just walking down Romero. I think this is just a massive step to far and he will gas like fuck and get picked apart 

First time Romero, this time Costa, but razor close as you say. Trouble with Romero is he's just not busy enough, and so if it goes to a decision that usually edges it the other way for the judges.

Surprised you think he'll gas, as his cardio has held up so far. I suppose we haven't seen him in a five rounder yet, though.

I thought Costa was hanging on for life in that third round against Romero. Just can't see him lasting 5 rounds myself. His level of competition outside of a razor close decision over Romero is band average aswell. Just think he will be picked apart. As good as his knock out record is its also ref stoppages rather than one shot power too. Unless he can show something on the ground I just see him getting baited and hit by a far superior striker.