You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

1 hour ago, John102 said:

Seems the 5th won it for Whitttaker, going from scorecards. 

Will watch again, as I thought that was clear Till, 30 seconds apart. 

That 2nd round won it for Whittaker. The only real dominance in the whole fight. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That 2nd round won it for Whittaker. The only real dominance in the whole fight. 

That was the most dominant round by a mile yes. 

They went into the final round even on two of the cards, both gave it to Whitttaker though. 

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Till doesn't do enough to win rounds, far too cautious which is probably due to his weak ground game.

I think it's his mentality as well. After being knocked out a few times I think he's worried about getting it done again which is fair enough.

1 hour ago, Welsh said:

I think it's his mentality as well. After being knocked out a few times I think he's worried about getting it done again which is fair enough.

Yeah it's understandable but at the top level it's not going to win him fights. He's always been a point fighter but he looks completely gun shy at the moment which doesn't help when he has no other strings to his MMA bow apart from striking. I fear he'll end up a bit of a gatekeeper.

3 hours ago, John102 said:

That was the most dominant round by a mile yes. 

They went into the final round even on two of the cards, both gave it to Whitttaker though. 

Yeah true. I think Whittaker after the first round looked the more in control boxer. Looked like Till was gonna turn him over early doors though. 

Till has done enough to get another crack though. 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah true. I think Whittaker after the first round looked the more in control boxer. Looked like Till was gonna turn him over early doors though. 

Till has done enough to get another crack though. 

He'll be back down the pecking order now. Whittaker may get the next shot after Costa but Till will need about 3 wins on the spin to get back into contention.

At 170, in his prime, GSP would be comfortable favourite, for me. At 155, now? God knows, tbh. If he can handle the cut, he probably has the grappling game to hang with Khabib/get back to his feet, but I think he'd be at a speed disadvantage, and possibly strength, too, although they're both freakishly strong.

Maybe he could just keep him at distance on the feet by jabbing his head off al la the Koscheck fight, but again, Khabib's speed on those single legs is just unreal, so I think at some point it would come down to who has the best ground game. Would be an interesting fight for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

So pissed off!! Just got up to watch the UFC which I always record on BT Sport and they fucked it up big time!

As soon as I clicked on the UFC 252 and watched from the start it was them raising Miocic's hand..... BT Sport hasn't recorded any of the card ffs. They recorded the pre-lims but not the main card fights for some reason?!

Bones vacated the title. Sure it's just negotiation tactics, but I do think that could be it for him at LHW. If so, he's easily the goat at that weight. Just an incredible fighter in his prime. Hopefully he's back at heavyweight sooner rather than later.

8 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Bones vacated the title. Sure it's just negotiation tactics, but I do think that could be it for him at LHW. If so, he's easily the goat at that weight. Just an incredible fighter in his prime. Hopefully he's back at heavyweight sooner rather than later.

He'll be moving up. Hope he gets flattened the narcissistic twat. 

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

He'll be moving up. Hope he gets flattened the narcissistic twat. 

Yeah I definitely think his next fight is at heavyweight. He's a deeply flawed person, no doubt, but fuck me what a talent. Some of his early fights when he was at his most dynamic - Bader, Machida, Shogun, and Bonnar spring to mind - are still incredible to watch today.

21 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah I definitely think his next fight is at heavyweight. He's a deeply flawed person, no doubt, but fuck me what a talent. Some of his early fights when he was at his most dynamic - Bader, Machida, Shogun, and Bonnar spring to mind - are still incredible to watch today.

His rise through the ranks destroying all the LHW legends was majestic. He's just tarnished his career via abysmal behaviour out of the octagon and being caught with Peds. The Peds thing doesn't really bother me too much as they were all on them when he was beating the likes of Rua, Machida, etc but he's definitely not been the same fighter since being caught and he's gone stale at LHW, hopefully moving up sparks him back into life 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Elite said:

His rise through the ranks destroying all the LHW legends was majestic. He's just tarnished his career via abysmal behaviour out of the octagon and being caught with Peds. The Peds thing doesn't really bother me too much as they were all on them when he was beating the likes of Rua, Machida, etc but he's definitely not been the same fighter since being caught and he's gone stale at LHW, hopefully moving up sparks him back into life 

Yeah agree with all that. He's definitely not the attacking force he once was.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah agree with all that. He's definitely not the attacking force he once was.

He's turned into a point fighter which I'm not sure will translate at heavyweight as his recent decision wins were less than convincing particularly the Reyes win. Can't help but feel he's seen Stipe on the decline and thinks it's an ideal time to face him and get the strap, similar to what GSP did with Bisping 

Just now, Elite said:

He's turned into a point fighter which I'm not sure will translate at heavyweight as his recent decision wins were less than convincing particularly the Reyes win. Can't help but feel he's seen Stipe on the decline and thinks it's an ideal time to face him and get the strap, similar to what GSP did with Bisping 

Yeah I think he assumed, probably correctly, that he wouldn't have the athletic advantage against fighters like Reyes and Santos, and so played it safe. That's probably not an issue against someone like Stipe, who was noticeably slower than Cormier, but whether Jones'd go for the finish or not I don't know. He's certainly a more skilled fighter, though.

• 2 weeks later...