You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Overeem looked like he was back on the juice last night, took some massive shots and turned the fight around.

Felt sorry for Walt Harris, his step daughter was murdered last year and I imagine this fight was for her, so to suffer a defeat is a bit gutting for him I bet.

1 minute ago, Welsh said:

Harris just gassed out but I understand why he went hell for leather for the finish. Fair play to the ref for not stopping that fight when Reem was rocked!

I know, was very close to being stopped. Overeems chin held up a lot better than his recent defeats as he got hit with some bombs.

22 hours ago, Elite said:

I know, was very close to being stopped. Overeems chin held up a lot better than his recent defeats as he got hit with some bombs.

I wonder if USADA are as strict as they usually are during this pandemic?

17 hours ago, Em City said:

Uriah Hall's knockout of Adam Cella is number one for me. Every time I see it, I fully expect him to be dead afterwards.

Remember seeing this and thinking Uriah Hall was going to be one of the best fighters in the UFC in years to come. So disappointed haha.

3 hours ago, Welsh said:

I wonder if USADA are as strict as they usually are during this pandemic?

Remember seeing this and thinking Uriah Hall was going to be one of the best fighters in the UFC in years to come. So disappointed haha.

I imagine testing will be severely diminished if being done at all. It's the prime time to run a cycle at the moment, I bet Jon Jones has picograms coming out of his ears.

Wouldn't surprise me. Probably why he's so keen in facing Ngannou as soon as possible haha! 

Jon Jones would beat Ngannou though I think. One of the smartest fighters around and Ngannou couldn't just throw haymakers like he did against Blaydes.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not got round to watching it yet but I agree, he is definitely finished. He's too caught up in his rap career and has lost interest.

DJ was the same though, glad he went to One Championship to kick start his career again.

4 minutes ago, Welsh said:

That Cody knockout just before the buzzer was insane!

I think he hit him just as the buzzer sounded, so you could have made a case for the fighter to continue, well apart from the fact he didn't know what fucking day it was and could barely stand for 5 minutes!

30 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Great performance from Aljo, too. BW really interesting atm.

Yeah BW is stacked now but I doubt Cejudo will stay retired. O'Malley looks legit, reminds me of McGregor/Jon Jones with his striking.

Garbrandt still looks like a KO waiting to happen.

Good card apart from the pointless main event.

30 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah BW is stacked now but I doubt Cejudo will stay retired. O'Malley looks legit, reminds me of McGregor/Jon Jones with his striking.

Garbrandt still looks like a KO waiting to happen.

Good card apart from the pointless main event.

Yeah I reckon Cejudo will come back, too. I don't mind that, tbh. His shtick is awful, but he's still a top class fighter. TJ back early next year, as well, so, plenty of good matchups. And yeah O'Malley's striking is really slick. That little upper cut feint before the knockout was genius.

Garbrandt does look as if he can get caught, still - especially when his cockiness creeps in - but overall I thought he was better defensively.

5 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah I reckon Cejudo will come back, too. I don't mind that, tbh. His shtick is awful, but he's still a top class fighter. TJ back early next year, as well, so, plenty of good matchups. And yeah O'Malley's striking is really slick. That little upper cut feint before the knockout was genius.

Garbrandt does look as if he can get caught, still - especially when his cockiness creeps in - but overall I thought he was better defensively.

Garbrandt reminds me of Amir Khan, loads of natural ability and speed but lacking in fight IQ and emotional intelligence.

7 hours ago, Elite said:

Garbrandt reminds me of Amir Khan, loads of natural ability and speed but lacking in fight IQ and emotional intelligence.

Not to mention the Waterford Crystal chin.

• 4 weeks later...