You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

• 2 weeks later...

So UFC 249 is still going ahead a week on saturday. 

Khabib is out and replaced by Justin Gaethje, the fight is going to be for the interim belt. 

No idea where its going to be held yet, from what I've seen it's either going to be on a private island or on Native American ground where the US government has limited jurisdiction to stop any gatherings. 

Can't help but feel that Dana is acting the cunt by doing this but I can't stay too mad, it's a decent card and it's the only big sporting event on anywhere in the world this month.

Gutted Khabib is out, and I'll lose any remaining good will I had left if Tony loses this and we are robbed of their fight, nothing against Justin and I hope he gets his title shot eventually, but we need Tony Vs Khabib, it was one of only two things I was excited to finally see this year. 

IMG_20200408_135602.jpg

On 08/04/2020 at 14:13, Aventus said:

So UFC 249 is still going ahead a week on saturday. 

Khabib is out and replaced by Justin Gaethje, the fight is going to be for the interim belt. 

No idea where its going to be held yet, from what I've seen it's either going to be on a private island or on Native American ground where the US government has limited jurisdiction to stop any gatherings. 

Can't help but feel that Dana is acting the cunt by doing this but I can't stay too mad, it's a decent card and it's the only big sporting event on anywhere in the world this month.

Gutted Khabib is out, and I'll lose any remaining good will I had left if Tony loses this and we are robbed of their fight, nothing against Justin and I hope he gets his title shot eventually, but we need Tony Vs Khabib, it was one of only two things I was excited to finally see this year. 

IMG_20200408_135602.jpg

And it's all over

ESPN have told Dana to fuck off and no events

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Disney? Surely Walt will be turning in his grave...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/apr/09/ufc-249-canceled-coronavirus-dana-white

Disney owns ESPN

And Marvel comics, who soon might own DC comics

List of things the cunt of a mouse owns

• ABC
  • ESPN (80% stake)
  • Touchstone Pictures
  • Marvel
  • Lucasfilm
  • A&E (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
  • The History Channel (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
  • Lifetime (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
  • Pixar
  • Hollywood Records
  • Vice Media (10% stake)
  • Core Publishing

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Elite said:

One hell of a card if it all comes off.

Yeah, UFC 250 was due to be on the 9th anyway so this seems like a blend of the two cards. 

Apparently we could be getting 2 more next month too. 

Just hoping Tony deciding to voluntarily cut to 155lbs for shits and giggles last week doesn't effect him too much, weight cuts can be brutal on a person's body anyway, nevermind doing it twice in less than a month for no logical reason. 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Yeah, UFC 250 was due to be on the 9th anyway so this seems like a blend of the two cards. 

Apparently we could be getting 2 more next month too. 

Just hoping Tony deciding to voluntarily cut to 155lbs for shits and giggles last week doesn't effect him too much, weight cuts can be brutal on a person's body anyway, nevermind doing it twice in less than a month for no logical reason. 

Tony doesn't do logic.

It's probably not right to have this going ahead but I'm really fucking excited either way.

6 hours ago, Welsh said:

Not holding my breath but that card is unreal!

Cerrone main eventing a card the other month only to main event the prelims now is crazy haha

He needs to retire to be honest. Sick of seeing him get battered.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Welsh said:

Really looking forward to this. I hope Gaethje beats Ferguson but can't see it happening.

Usually i'd be supporting Gaethje as well but if he does win it completely ruins any hope of Ferguson v Khabib.

Everyone made weight except for Stephens who was 4.5 lbs over. 

Cheeky cunt probably did it on purpose to get the advantage, he's on a 4 fight winless streak so he'll take the hit to his pay to get in the green again. 

23 hours ago, Elite said:

Usually i'd be supporting Gaethje as well but if he does win it completely ruins any hope of Ferguson v Khabib.

Same here, I like Gaethje he's guaranteed to put on a show even when he loses, but Tony vs Khabib is the most important thing, after that I'm happy to see Justin get the belt. 

On 07/05/2020 at 16:46, Elite said:

I didn't even think of that tbh! I've sort of given up any hope of ever seeing that fight haha.

Started watching this and thought it was pointless, felt a bit deflated without the crowd being there, but now I've stuck a pair of headphones on and I'm hearing every slap and thud from the strikes and fuck me it's intense. 

It's a different experience, but you really get a feel for the power going into these punches.

I think Poirier is right when he says Gaethje beats both Ferguson and Khabib but once Khabib gets you down the once it's gameover.

I hope Cejudo has retired but I very much doubt he has. Hopefully we never have to see the king of cringe ever again.

Outstanding from Gaethje. He's evolved into a great fighter and has curbed his recklessness. Hopefully his wrestling is good enough to hold off Khabib but I won't hold my breathe.

Gutted that we'll never see Ferguson v Khabib now as I still think Fergusons style could pose Khabib some problems.

As for the rest of the card.

Cruz is a fucking tit and was never in that fight. Good stoppage and he's a mard arse, know it all. I doubt Cejudo will stay retired, it's just a power play to get more money.

Ngannou is a wrecking machine but question marks remain.

Kattars KO of Stephens was fucking brutal.

I can't wait for Greg Hardy to get starched but he's being matched to build up his resume and gets favourable bias from the judges.

Luque v Niko Price was a cracking fight to start the card.

UFC I've missed you.